The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

I am back in the office this morning after a quiet weekend.  The gatepost building on Thursday and Friday was successful, now all we need is some reasonably dry, sunny weather to help the mortar and cement dry out!  No chance of that at the moment though.  We had a very stormy night, but seem to have weathered the storm reasonably well.  At the moment, I see black storm clouds in one direction, and blue sky and sunshine in the other.  Very strange weather!

Have a good day everybody...

Morning all although it's almost evening down under, Australia just won the world cricket championships, defeating New Zealand. Comizzo's to NZ and it's the Ashes series next. Nice weather we're having also. Cheers, Tex. Edit for the record; NZ 10/183 : Aust 3/186

Edited by Tassie Tex
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Intermittent sun and cloud, and windy. Weather warning of gusts up to gale strength is in effect. Not much else to mention right now, except awful drowsiness...

Let Ian know that he's in our thoughts, Sherry.

What he said. All the best for Ian, indeed!

Morning all although it's almost evening down under, Australia just won the world cricket championships, defeating New Zealand. Comizzo's to NZ and it's the Ashes series next. Nice weather we're having also. Cheers, Tex. Edit for the record; NZ 10/183 : Aust 3/186

NO,no,no!  NZ 183/10, Aus 186/3. The Aussies give the score in the form of bowling figures and it is SOO wrong.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

How I love Monday morning. Train delayed by 8 minutes.

Edit: make that 12 minutes. I hope that there are few knock on problems for others

Morning

Reported over running engineering works at Norwood a junction and broken down train at City Thsmeslink.

A fellow work colleague who travels from West a Croydon has had to go via Vic as no trains for him towards LBG.

Ours on time from Redhill so far..

Got a living room full of stock for the weekends show and after waiting over an hour for Mike to be able to get to the loading point I wasn't home till about 7.30 so didn't feel like doing much last night.

Only got one night spare this week to tidy up though.

Hope Ian (OD) is OK.

UPDATE

Train didnt get delayed so the engineering works cleared in time for us.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Morning all,

Back at work desk for first time in over a week - can't say that I was enamoured by the prospect. It took 2 alarm 'snoozes' before I got to the shower.

At least the schools are on holiday so my car journey was less fraught than usual.

Now I wonder what I've missed at work............

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Quite breezy here and I think we are having one of the "sunny intervals" as forecast at the moment.

Matthew is flying to Belgrade today. He will be there for a couple of days and then sets of by bus to the geography event. It is organised by students from Banja Luka university but they will be staying in Modrica.

Tony

• Like 8

NO,no,no!  NZ 183/10, Aus 186/3. The Aussies give the score in the form of bowling figures and it is SOO wrong.

Ed

I sent my son who for a few months of year resides in the UK, I sent him the scores as you have put and got told we don't live in the USA Dad. I can't win today, well at least we get dates the right way round. Post edit.NZ all out for a 183, Australia 186 with seven wickets in hand.
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Was out at 6:30 to take daughter to work as her windscreen wipers packed in over the weekend and her car is in for repair. That's the daughter that got married a month ago and no longer lives with us or depends on us in any way whatsoever.

Great start to the holiday. Not that I lie in, I would have been up at six as usual.

Yesterday I was given 'a list' for the holiday but fortunately it's not too long.

I think we should club together and buy something for Ian.

One of those relaxing mood type CDs perhaps.

The running water and streams one is particularly good.

The downside of the clocks springing forward is having to get up in the dark again. Another week and things will be looking better. It seems March will go out like a lion with gales forecast to continue for the next few days. The fishing industry is obviously taking it seriously as the harbour was packed when we came through yesterday. Did it come in like a lamb? I can't remember that far back. Dry at the moment, rain forecast for later.

I think it has been said already Sherry, but please pass on our best wishes to Ian.

With UK elections looming, I may have to stop listening to Radio 4 in the morning. Do none of them have anything new or positive to say.

Oh well, on with the day. Thoughts with those suffering at the moment.

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning!

Slept in..her indoors has fewer schools to go to this week as its the last week before Easter hold.

Students have gone home so roads in Leeds a lot quieter. This means you can get to the shops a lot quicker. (So some of us have shopping on the to do list :-(. )

Bit more weathering to do then prep for the cricket league arm tomorrow. No time to do full time employment any more.

Have a stupendous Monday!

Baz

• Like 4

Morning all.

A bit bleak this morning, after strong winds overnight. Weather-wise I would say that today has nothing to commend it.

Woke up feeling out of sorts after the Moules Mariniere debacle and a bit of drinking (I can't drink at all).

Off to the dechetterie in a moment, Julie driving. Then I think a rest...

Could be worse, of course!

Best wishes to all.

• Like 1

Morning all from a partly cloudy boring borough. The wind came and the wind went. Taking out part of the fence in the front. Not my problem as it technically belongs to the neighbours. Yes, the pre-Neanderthals. Well their crap landlords really. We have a pool on when it will get fixed. I've got 2029. No doubt we'll end up having to do something with it to keep the bits from falling onto SWMBO's forest of flower pots. I predict a brick wall going up just inside our property line just to hide their rubbish tip of a garden from view.

All the best to Ian and hope things go swimmingly. <insert bad pun here>

Mick, thanks for all the Peruvian photos. I now can't decide whether I've seen it all vicariously though your trip, or whether I need to add it to my bucket list.

Work and caffeine are calling. Have a great day everyone.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It's sufficiently windy out here that paper bins have been blown across the nearby main street! Just returned from the home supply shop as there's a book board to be hung on the wall.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, off to the Northern General Infirmary to find out what Karen's tests have revealed about her hip replacement so a bit fraught. Afterwards number one son is going to attempt to turn a false water cobra into two frogs! Good luck Ian and Sherry and Louise too.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

Got to pop out as the washing bin is full, and I have to go to the hoover shop as well - sounds like a fun morning in prospect.  At least the washer is due on Wednesday, and believe it or not, Indesit sent a cheque to cover our expenses without the washer, and the stress.

Caught up now, and Ian is in the right place, and hopefully will get some relief and a long term solution. 

And some nice recollections of Paisley there - I was at the tech in the early 70s after steam had gone, and most of the rail traffic through Gilmour Street was electric.

I'll pop back later.

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No weather report as I've yet to put my nose outside the door. The clocks may have gone forward but my body clock has not so I overslept this morning, its about time this putting the clocks forward/back every year was done away with IMHO. Best wishes to Ian, my dad had to have the same op and afterwards it was a relief in more ways than one.

• Like 9

Morning all.  Got up, put the washing on and booked my summer holiday.  Two nights in Augsburg, five nights in München and train travel there and back, including an IC down the Rhein.  The transfer and day trips can be purchased in Germany.  It helps to know how the DB booking system works, their agent was impressed when I found the trip back by adding a one minute stop over in Brussels.  I was impressed by the price reduction that created, being £60 cheaper than the journey via Paris that the system wanted to sell me.

Best wishes to all the invalids.

Bill

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.  

Spectacularly clear sunrise this morning over the city with the hot-air balloons up as they often are on such days.  Unusual sight today was a drone flown from the city to photograph them from above.  

Defective axle-counters on the Stony Point line means all trains will look a lot like buses until further notice.  The usual crop of a.m. peak cancellations for numerous reasons.  No stragglers from last night's mass trespass on 10-track section between Richmond and Flinders Street after the cricket chucked out causing half the entire network to come to a standstill.  

For those playing at home the time difference between us for this week only is 10 hours.  Last week it was 11 and next week it will be 9.  Lunar eclipse coming up over Easter as well.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

It helps to know how the DB booking system works, their agent was impressed when I found the trip back by adding a one minute stop over in Brussels.  I was impressed by the price reduction that created, being £60 cheaper than the journey via Paris that the system wanted to sell me.

Oh yes, the eternal mystery that is railway ticketing in Germany. It's quite telling, too, that in my impression, railfans often have a much deeper understanding of this booking system than many customer assistance people (which in turn may be an indication that not even those who should be able to properly train them really know how to handle it any longer…).