The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

A misty early morning at Redhill station. Not up to Micks far more interesting photos though!!!

To the left of the Electrostar is where the new platform 0 will be built

post-1557-0-39568400-1427522628_thumb.jpg

The old parcels siding that this late night 455 will go

post-1557-0-41039400-1427522636_thumb.jpg

Looking South towards Hateick

post-1557-0-45552100-1427522645_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 13

Morning.

No reported delays on Southern.

Sounds like a weekday!!!

However I need to be on a train just after 6am to get to Ally Pally. Just under two hours to get to North London from here just South of the M25. Its far quicker to drive but I want beer later!!

I hope the journey is better than the weekday. I'm leaving a bit later and driving as I need a break from travelling by train. (It also means that I can guarantee a seat on the way home as well)

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to disappoint you Andy, but 71F= 21.6C.

You take off the 32 first and then divide by 9 and multiply by 5.

71c would equal 160F, so a wee bit hotter….:-)

If Celsius confuses you

As very well it might

Nine fifths of C plus thirty-two

Will give you Fahrenheit

Simples!  ;)

Or, for typical daytime temperatures, simply double C and add 30 / subtract 30 from F and halve the result.

Sorry to disappoint you Andy, but 71F= 21.6C.

You take off the 32 first and then divide by 9 and multiply by 5.

71c would equal 160F, so a wee bit hotter….:-)

LOL! Sorry Gordon, but I assumed everyone would realize I was talking utter nonsense.

I know there is a common perception in the UK that many Americans are thicker than two short planks, but this punter grew up in Paisley.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

If Celsius confuses you

As very well it might

Nine fifths of C plus thirty-two

Will give you Fahrenheit

Simples!  ;)

Or, for typical daytime temperatures, simply double C and add 30 / subtract 30 from F and halve the result.

Or just change the settings on your smartphone!!!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Off for food shopping as long as the supermarket will most likely be little frequented. Weather report: Dull but not cold. Health status: Persistent sore throat and too little sleep.

Looking South towards Hateick

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Doesn't sound like a place to travel to, really!

If I hear anyone else saying 24/7 on TV, I'm going to scream.....:-)

I know it's irrational and I need to get out more, but it's just one of those things that grates with me.

Hey ho, it's Saturday! Enjoy the weekend..

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 7

Seven and a half hours on the road yesterday followed by a hectic evening. Probably our worst trip down to Kerry, must remember not to travel on a Friday again? We usually travel on a Thursday evening after Steph finishes work. At least the motor home is a very relaxing vehicle to drive. Now lying in bed catching up on ER's with a mug of tea. Blowing a gale outside, so in no hurry to get up. Cannot believe how many pages there were to trawl through since yesterday morning.

Best wishes to Ian and Louise.

Not sure what the plans are for today but I will no doubt be given my instructions later.

Enjoy the weekend.

Morning all. My GP surgery can't do blood tests (until the much larger new building happens), but I can get INR tests done by giving the yellow card in to Pathology at the local Hospital-that's where I'm going soon. I did look at getting a machine but they are a tad pricey at the moment. I suspect they will come down as did BM machines. When my Diabetes was first diagnosed I had to compare the colour the blood had made the test strip to a colour chart on the side of the packet.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. It would appear to be a nice morning here. I won't be at the Ally Pally exhibition at opening time. I don't expect to be buying much so really I am just going to look at the layouts. That doesn't mean that I won't buy anything, I just don't have a list.

Tony

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Mug(s) of tea consumed.

Good luck at the Lister ed! Didn't have a good reputation when I lived in your neck of the woods but that was quite some time ago.

Herself off to run a cricket scorers exam. Me, I could go to the Yorkshire CCC AGM...then again I can finish setting up the sound in a Caprotti 5....not much of a decision then!

Baz

• Like 10

Good morning everybody, and positive thoughts where needed.

Wet and a bit dull here in the depths. And chilly.

Had coffee and toast, just waiting for GP Qualifying. Feels very early...

I wish I was going to Ally Pally but it's a seven hour drive from here.

Things are different here in France. I realised yesterday that I'd forgotten to bring the cable for my Kindle, and so got on to Amazon France to order a new one. That done I ticked the box for immediate delivery - about two days I reckoned - nope. Some time between April 2nd and April 10th... that's the fast rate you pay extra for. This can be a frustrating country sometimes, with a very odd notion of customer care.

After that - drawing a fireplace, nailing a shelf to a wall, hoooovering. 

• RMweb Premium

Nerdy observation of the morning: Looks like the Flexity trams are to be fitted with new wheel noise absorbers which are annular rather than sickle-shaped layered blades. Wouldn't that kind of perception predispose me for working in public transport?

• Like 5

Not sure what the plans are for today but I will no doubt be given my instructions later.

Easy-peasy. All we need to do is pool all instructions into the ER instruction pool, and assign a credit amount proportional to the particular assignment on completion.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not particularly pleasant outside.

A fortnight off so hope to get all the signals for the new project finished. Provided I can pick up one or two brass bits at York next weekend that should be a distinct possibility.

The following weekend is Mrs BoD's 60th so we are off to Edinburgh for a couple of days. We will be staying at the same hotel we stayed on our honeymoon many years ago. It was the North British then and, I think, run by BR or one of its subsidiaries. Now it has completely changed inside and is the five star Balmoral. It is, for us, eye wateringly expensive compared to what we usually do, but she is worth it.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Now here's a question. I was born in Scotland and if Scotland had installed an electrified fence along the border with England, would I qualify for a UK passport, a Scottish passport, both, or none of the above?

Do they have electrickery north of the burrdurr?

I don't have a passport as such, just an ear tag!

• Like 1

Do they have electrickery north of the burrdurr?

Quite a lot actually. It's called Hydroelectric as opposed to Hippoelectric. I should also have mentioned the moat, but you'd probably enjoy that.

• RMweb Premium

Easy-peasy. All we need to do is pool all instructions into the ER instruction pool, and assign a credit amount proportional to the particular assignment on completion.

The obvious denomination for the credit would be the Brownie Point.  The trouble is from my experience they have a very short shelf life so the currency would be a bit on the soft side, perhaps backed by the Drachma.

Anyway morning from a rather wet village.  Dicussions have taken place orders have been issued and it looks like a shopping tri[ ison the cards so i will have to go to Morley via Dean Woods and see if the Big Bunny's are in evidence.  After that some modelling and various other tasks before a formal dinner with the outlaws this evening.  

Ian, great news about the imminent operation and I hope it goes well for you.  I mst admit that when I was reading your description of the various procedures I could only think that you have finally dound out how a ventriloquist's dummy feels, perhaps you should adopt the name Orville.

Jamie

• Like 7