The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Dohh , you know what I mean Ian .

And thats why I'll not be back going to the USA , ever .

You want to know what my Wife and Daughter go through at Heathrow? Probably very similar...

We’ll miss you over here, though.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Evening all,

Thanks for the kind comments as usual.

I will be late on parade tomorrow as I'm away early to Colchester General for my CT scan so it's off to sleep shortly!

Have a good night all and I'll try to catch up tomorrow afternoon,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night sleepless ones!

• RMweb Gold

You want to know what my Wife and Daughter go through at Heathrow? Probably very similar...

We’ll miss you over here, though.

Best, Pete.

I know that Aditi's grandmother refused to come to the UK again after the immigration process at Heathrow. After that she would only go to the US to visit.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

G'night Pete! G'night sleepless ones!

I'm not sure it is worth going to sleep. I have had to set the alarm for 4am so Aditi can get off early to Gloucester for some sort of meeting. She is going by train. I thought 5am would do but have been overruled. All I have to do is drive her to the station.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Lurker, do it as soon as you leave them at home! Incidentally, I carry an epipen and have only had a vague question at the airport scanner once in over 10 years.

Killy, I would've loved to climb Waynu Picchu but Mrs NB wasn't up to it. Tickets are limited these days to a maximum of 400 per day.

Jock, Mrs NB is suitably pleased......

NHNeil, My first thought was an ALCO, but yes, this one did clag on pulling back the go lever! There was a large cloud of fumes visible above the station as we left. I couldn't find any decent makers plates on any of the locos I saw, apart from an Argentinian marking and "Canada" on one of the bogies of another loco that looked to be GM parentage.

Back in Cusco after an early start to revisit Machu Picchu. Then Mrs Nb had the bright idea of enquiring about the hotel's hot tub. We were told it was normally open at 1pm, but would we like it opening? It was 1030. 15 minutes later and we're in a hot tub with a view of the lost city and Waynu Picchu. There was even a tubside telephone, which was used just after noon to order suitable refreshment!

Then an interesting bus ride down the mouhtain to regain our train home, this time with loco haulage.

As the wifi is a bit slow tonight, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dark outside, dry and just warm enough not to be frosty.

After taking Aditi to the station, the only other event this morning is another visit to the dentist.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Insomnia struck due to some bug SWMBO (currently away to visit her uncle and friends in Ye Olde Country) had caught at work and which seems to want to literally bug me, too. Painkiller taken against red alert headache and semi-retired to the sofa till it kicks in.

Do have a good one...

Morning all. A nice clear, sunny and frost free morning with no reported delays on Southern.

Jock - Good news again. Hope the scan goes well

POETS day today and I intend to make sure that it happens. Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Gold

If he looks even remotely like Laurence Olivier, if I were you, I'd cancel.

No I can confirm that he doesn't look like Laurence Olivier! Aditi does think he looks like the hero in a Bollywood movie though.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

If Richard had been king of NY, would he have been Richard the Toid?

If Richard had been king of Ireland, would he have been Richard the Turd?

Why have they buried him if he's only ill.

A bit drastic don't you think.

• RMweb Gold

Our train home last night was cancelled.
This morning the Vic service before ours is currently delayed at Christ's Hospital. Our LBG service follows behind it!!!
Dress down day today at work.

UPDATE - looksl ike it wasnt much of a delay as only a few minute late now

FURTHER UPDATE - 15 late into LBG (was only 10 yesterday)

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Premium

Our train home last night was cancelled.

This morning the Vic service before ours is currently delayed at Christ's Hospital. Our LBG service follows behind it!!!

Dress down day today at work.

I hear ya!

In another country it is now my job to announce trains which we are unable to run.  That is my "customer-friendly" version of telling the masses that they'll be a bit later home than they hoped.  And it's live and direct - we work on the platforms with radio mikes so there's no hiding place from the vented spleens.

At least I'm back on the railway after an interval of 10 years.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Hey up TGIF!

Rick yes we will be home but you may not be travelling this far North?

Today involves shopping and a visit to see Sister Drac's little helper.

Have a good Friday/Freitag/enter suitable language version of the day as appropriate!

Baz

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I hear ya!

In another country it is now my job to announce trains which we are unable to run.  That is my "customer-friendly" version of telling the masses that they'll be a bit later home than they hoped.  And it's live and direct - we work on the platforms with radio mikes so there's no hiding place from the vented spleens.

At least I'm back on the railway after an interval of 10 years.

London Underground does that on the platforms at many stations now and I think some nationalrail stations also do that.

• Like 1