The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all,

Commiserations Flavio - sounds like the sort of bloke I would definitely not be happy to work for but I can understand your situation with two hungry dogs to feed and modelling activities to support (even if in diminished quantities).  And have a  good trip Dick.  Welcome to Tassie Tex - the pic below shows the nearest I got to that land while out in Aus, 10 years ago now (and I promise not to say anything about the Tassie jokes on mainland Aus).

BTW Tony as you've already gathered you seemed to be heading for Ally Pally on the wrong weekend - must definitely be the wrong weekend because the good Doctor says so; so see you on the 28th all being well.

Hopefully today will be a bit less wearing on the brain after yesterday's struggles with the competition crossword although I did get plenty of exercise walking from 'puter to bookshelves in the study and the dining room as well as testing the braincells (severely in several cases) and googling fingers.  All I can see is it our leader is a very crafty chap when it comes to setting puzzles and, as usual, all is not what it appears to be at first (or second, or third) sight - and for all I know probably isn't at fourth site either.  But it makes a change from sudoku and the DT's codeword.

Have a  good day one & all

attachicon.gifOff to Tassie.jpg The Spirit III was sold a few years ago, It only sailed from Sydney for a little over 12 months. (Non Profitable). Thanks for the pic' Tex.

Evening all. Trawled back about six pages and still didn't quite catch up. The invalid has had the plaster removed; could have been done on Thursday but the hospital finally got round to it today. The physiotherapist is the only person taking any interest so hopefully the invalid will get a set of exercises tomorrow.

Then on to a charity to rush through the bank reconciliation and preparation of the management accounts: problems are that the original statement never appeared so I had to request a copy and that I brought the trustee meeting forward by a week because of my trip to Germany.

Commiserations to Flavio. I have sorted out the socks into matching pairs - there is no way that Tetsodofan would go on holiday with someone wearing odd socks. Busy for the next 48 hours so may not even get a chance to lurk. Just in case anyone here knew Bernard Baker, his funeral is on Thursday.

Bill

• RMweb Gold

I should have asked if she was really Anne Elk.

I know than in North American a moose is a moose and an elk is an elk but I think the animal called an elk in Northern Europe is a moose and that the animal called an elk in North America doesn't live in Europe.

Is a reindeer the same as a caribou?

I wonder if David Attenborough is on RMweb?

Tony

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

And on a similar note:

What's the difference between a gnu and a wildebeeste?

You can't paddle a gnu...........

Hat,

coat,

getting,

gone.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

For sale: one small baby, lightly soiled, ideal addition to family of congenital insomniacs or inveterate night owls.

The first time Matthew slept through the night we were still woken up as my Mum thought her dog was unwell. My brother in law is 51 and has a 2 year old. Apparently there is another child due in November. I suggested he could take early retirement to cope.

• Like 7

Morning all,

No 'Northern Lights' this far South I suspect, but as its so clouded and misty, we wouldn't see them anyway!

Dom, a lovely second lesson on the trams of Leipzig - superb photography and I particularly enjoyed the building history. Thank you.

Sherry, from the tone of your post, it seems that you are truly enjoying life to the full at the moment. I couldn't be more pleased!

Richard, it sounds like the Rome trip is proceeding well, all it needs now is for the match to live up to expectation. Hope it continues to go well - I love the place!

Dick, great to see that you have safely landed in South Normandy, and I too will raise the glass of Calvados tonight. Assume the car performed well after last week's dramas?

I hope that those who have attended funerals or are about to do so, survive the ordeal that such events present. At least, when the ceremony is over, you can turn to memories of the happy times shared with the departed!

John (CB), hope the dashboard light proved to have a simple solution - service lights (Amber) tend to be much easier to extinguish than warning lights (red) , and considerably less expensive!

Judge, I remember the 'TED' stockings well after my op last summer. Didn't have a problem wearing them but with a couple of tumours in my pelvis, getting them on and off was a real pantomime! Our nursing sister daughter made it look easy but her irregular shift patterns meant we couldn't always call on her. When Joanna and I did it between us, we often ended up in tears of laughter. If you struggle changing yours, our daughter had a trick which I'll gladly share if you PM me.

Hump day is upon us again, and it does seem all too soon - hope you all get over it safely,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night all sleepyheads!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 11

• RMweb Gold

G'night all.

Definitely rising earlier than normal tomorrow but won't be reporting in here as we're taking train to Poole having duly done battle with the peculiarities of the National Rail enquiries website and it's apparent determination not to allow you to settle down comfortably in a  train for the longest possible leg of your journey but instead to split the trip up in a seemingly illogical manner which tells me to change trains at Winchester instead of taking the first one right through to Bournemouth.

Lovely! First day of Spring Friday 20th and we are due for snow....................

Hawaii beckons...they only get snow at the top of Mt. Koala Jubbly (or whatever it is called).

G’night Jock! Hope your weather is better, mate.

Best, Pete.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hump day for me for a change, the landing gear is being lowered....... I have a couple or three things coming up that I've never done before in the next few days. And totally looking forward them. Hopefully I can post a few pics along the way.

Not quite g'night for me yet though.

Cheers,

Mick

Morning all, cloudy day on the east coast of Tasmania, heading for a high of 22c. Thankyou all for the kind ratings and reply's I've received from you all on RMW and ER. I don't get out the house much due to illness so it's a great site to wile a way a few hours of the day. Keep the banter coming it's a bl#$dy good book, far cry to that Facebook. Cheers,Tex

• Like 18

I just thought I’d put in a link for some pleasant wake up music from The Pink Fairies! I suppose they were know mostly in London being made up of former members of “The Deviants” and “The Pretty Things”.

If anyone has ever had a chance to actually play this “######” “Do it” - it’s possible to make it last forever (or at least until the guitarists fingers drop off) Lyrics are easily extemporized on the spot due to the “just do it” theme.

It is good Rock ’n’ Roll though and really not much heard....(Warning some boobs are visible)

Play Loud and disturb the Missus!

Twink now lives in Marrakesh and is 70.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 9

I know than in North American a moose is a moose and an elk is an elk but I think the animal called an elk in Northern Europe is a moose and that the animal called an elk in North America doesn't live in Europe.

I wonder if David Attenborough is on RMweb?

Tony

Yes, the elk here are more like red deer, but the deer don't look familiar at all. Poor things must be having a serious identity crisis. No wonder they just stare into headlights. The moose are not scared of anything - including the huge (and extremely fast) freight trains heading up to Marias Pass.

Speaking of freight trains, I assume the "Boeing fuselages falling into the river incident" was well publicized in the UK. I've rafted down that part of the river. The trains really have to crawl there because of the gradient and the curves. One hot axle box, or a broken rail, and you're toast. I considered nipping over and trying to get a few pics, but the media had the incident very well covered. I wonder if anyone has incorporated it into their layout yet?

• Like 1

Morning all. A decent 5 degrees but misty here. Some reported delays on Southern but down in the Portsmouth / Havant area.

Tex - As others have said, welcome to the madhouse.

Pete - Just the wake-up call I needed this morning.

Mick & Jock - I won't get chance to see it even if the sky is clear. Working inside in a basement at the moment isn't conducive to seeing an eclipse.

Hump day for most although I expect I'll end up working Saturday as well. Have a good day everyone

• Like 3

Morning All,

It is cold once again, but the sky is clear so it looks like we should be in for another nice sunny day.

Welcome on board Tex!

Oh well - better get on.  It looks like it is going to be a rather busy day today.

Have a good one everybody...

• Like 2

I and my lovely wife went to a Suzi Q concert here a couple of weeks ago, her last Australian tour and I believe her last gig. Fantastic, we've never seen so many people over the age of fifty at a true rock & roll concert and she is 69. What an age to hung up your boots and "Can The Can" Two and half hours on stage. Thanks Trisonic for showing, "There an't no age for rock'n'roll". Tex

Edited by Tassie Tex
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning/evening to everyone.

Welcome Tex! And heyup! To Debs.

Bit frosty/misty here in Leeds this morning.

Lots to do today. In between a hit of housework weathering duties call. Tonight I have the joys of a league management meeting for our local cricket league....now I know why I was volunteered!

Railsquid..don't worry yet about the tiddler..our two (@26 and 24) keep us awake at night due to their work patterns...never mind!

Baz

PS anyone else going to Nottingham Show?

• Like 1

Without resorting to Google, I understand they can (and do) interbreed.

The Caribou is a slightly bigger version.

As this information is gleaned from a fiction book read some time ago, I am open to correction.

(Be gentle girls).

I see Gordon's subliminal advertising is working!