The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It is getting warm here now, about 28C, not much breeze. Not quiet though, someone nearby is having their drive dug up. I gave Matthew a lift to Lakeside as I wanted to do some holiday shopping. My wife was concerned I hadn't got enough clothes for nearly three weeks away so I went and bought another pair of shorts, a polo shirt and some socks.

Tony

Morning All,

Oooh - I'm first this morning. That's unusual.

Another nice one around here today - blue sky, and relatively cool. I expect it will be quite a lot warmer later on, but nothing like it was last week - thank goodness. :blink: That's just as well, because I seem to have a bit of a summer head cold.

I'm feeling a bit nervous again this morning - second date tonight... :unsure:

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

That's just as well, because I seem to have a bit of a summer head cold.

So do I <_< . But I agree with you that this appears to be another nice day. Keeping my fingers crossed for your date, of course! :)

Have a nice day all!

Morning all....smile.gif

Just read about Stu, doesn't seem to be his year somehow.

Completely missed Monday as spent the day battling through a planning application to have front gates fitted. I was amazed to find out we had to have planning permission as we have a public footpath crossing our driveway directly in front of the house. Spent hours completing the forms on line and generating the necessary drawings and taking photographs of the entrance. The whole day was written off before I was able to submit the forms and £150 fee plus £20 to print of a location plan from the planning portal site.

I know this is supposed to stop unsightly development, but as always the law abiding guys have to wade through tons of paperwork whilst the rogues just stick two fingers up and go ahead regardless. Whether this is true or not, I've heard the dodge is just to go ahead with the footings and base of any new build, accept the complaints and letters from the council and then tie them up in legal knots for three years. Once three years has passed the time for objections has gone and you can go ahead anyway.

Nothing would surprise me these days.....rolleyes.gif

Rant over. Off to read about Phil's trip to Wales..

• RMweb Premium

Did I mention I like black engines? B)

DSC4772-1279574353963.jpg

ES 64 U2-001 (182 501), owned by MRCE Dispolok and currently on lease to the DB along with five other engines of the same type, working IC 2297 to Stuttgart.

Note to self: Take an angle grinder next time there is so much clutter between me and my prey :lol: .

• Like 1

Morning all! Ended up doing a very short day at work yesterday as I spent all yesterday morning alternating between nausea and dizziness! Spent the rest of yesterday in bed, so now have a sore back, but at least the other symptoms are gone!

Still, nothing compared to the soreness Stewart will be enduring right now...!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not a lot happening here today. Well, I should say I'm not planning to do much. I won't be planning any planning applications. I don't think I've ever submitted one though I did object to one last year, (NIMFY rather than NIMBY) as I , along with all the neighbours, didn't wish our road to be the designated parking for a nearby development. I wonder if Gordon will take up welding and make his own gates?

Tony

I wonder if Gordon will take up welding and make his own gates?

A useful skill if ever there was one.

I have always harboured a desire to learn to weld. Not only could I repair my gates, but my car as well!

I wonder if Gordon will take up welding and make his own gates?

Tony

Do me a favour, I've got a layout to build...biggrin.gif

Hoping to hear from the vendors of the apartment we're trying to sort out for my mother today. Fingers crossed as she'll be living with us if a deal cannot be struck. A week or so won't be a problem, but more than that....blink.gif

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another nice morning made even more so as I don't have to go to work. I'll probably be indulging in my favourite pastime today which is doing not a lot.

I learnt how to weld on the Mid Hants, it's a necessary skill in steam engine restoration. We have some absolute wizards with the welder up there, what they can do with a welder and a grinder is amazing. I'm not quite in that league but I can stick stuff together and it doesn't usually fall to bits.

Ah well, think I'll dig out the guitar, or shall I go and have a look at the loft layout?

Decisions....

• RMweb Gold

Hoping to hear from the vendors of the apartment we're trying to sort out for my mother today. Fingers crossed as she'll be living with us if a deal cannot be struck. A week or so won't be a problem, but more than that....blink.gif

My brother and I are selling the flat our mother had in a sheltered accommodation complex. We are quite realistic about the current market value but the estate agent said quite a few of the vendors are not. Hope all goes well.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another nice morning made even more so as I don't have to go to work. I'll probably be indulging in my favourite pastime today which is doing not a lot.

I learnt how to weld on the Mid Hants, it's a necessary skill in steam engine restoration. We have some absolute wizards with the welder up there, what they can do with a welder and a grinder is amazing. I'm not quite in that league but I can stick stuff together and it doesn't usually fall to bits.

Ah well, think I'll dig out the guitar, or shall I go and have a look at the loft layout?

Decisions....

Weld and guitars makes me think of Neil Young.

When we had our first cars I bought an electric arc welder and managed a few ugly but secure repairs. I thought it would be as easy as the forge skills as taught at school (in my day forge skills were to do with bashing metal not plagiarism) but it wasn't.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Lot of oktas about. No meetings or phone calls today so it'll be working from home again then. Have a good (and safe i.e. no broken bones) one all.

When did that ever stop you? Look at the opportunity. A chance to learn welding and just think of the things you could do with the airbrush! If you get it wrong you won't even have to use weathering powders.

Cheers

Dave