The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Tony: you're probably thinking of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage series which used to harp on about road kill!

BTW, in case you weren't aware, if you kill a bird, badger, etc., you are not allowed to stop and claim it for your table, but the car behind you can!

BTW, in case you weren't aware, if you kill a bird, badger, etc., you are not allowed to stop and claim it for your table, but the car behind you can!

Yes - it is legally classed as poaching!

• RMweb Gold

Tony: you're probably thinking of Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage series which used to harp on about road kill!

Years ago my brother was returning home on his motorcycle when a pheasant flew straight at his helmet . The collision completed obscured his view and he left the road. A following motorist stopped. My brother assumed help was being offered but it was just an enquiry if my brother wanted the (deceased) pheasant.

Tony

I was amused - if not a little concerned to read this article on the BBC.

Hampshire workmen paint white lines around dead badger

Sometimes I despair! What "training" do you need to remove road kill? Presumably the line painters had a shovel - two minutes and the job's a good 'un.

Still, we had a good chuckle about it in the office! laugh.gif

'ampshoir Carnty Carncil still employ jobsworths then? Obviously theys 'mpshoir Road 'Ogs tongue.gif

• RMweb Premium

Any of you seen this one yet?

dsc0469129vt.jpg

Airbus A380 D-AIMA standing by for departure to Tokyo earlier this afternoon :) .

dsc04743vze1.jpg

And a 747 in what I guess you can tell was sweltering heat over the apron.

• RMweb Gold

Morning campers.

Looks and sounds a lot calmer this morning. I visited Lindisfarne yesterday. Even the sea birds had grounded all flights. It was wild.

Have a good weekend.

Morning chums,

Another scorcher here in the desert today 39C already, it got to 51C yesterday. I did see a cloud a couple of days ago when you were all having those thunderstorms, was only an itsy-bitsy one though B) .

The missus is over here for a week to check up on me and keep me company for a bit but I guess the heat will be a bit of a shock. Probs go to one of the new shopping malls later, then I can get a coffee and read the paper and 'er in can do shopping, all in the cool!

PL

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is pleasantly warm here at the moment. The weather forecast suggests rain for later but I can't see any rain bearing clouds about at the moment.

Today I have the task of repairing the washing machine. Instead of solenoid operated valves this machine has a stepper motor that drives gears connected to paddles that control which bit of the soap dispenser gets the water. Eventually this inconvenience gets worse and the machine stops working as its processor gets confused and sulks. I was pleased that I could get a part for a 12 year old washing machine from a local retailer

I did tidy up the model railway bit of the garage yesterday and actually ran a loco up and down the ON30 layout which was fun.

Tony

Morning All,

It has been raining here this morning. I am not sure how long it will last, but it is definitely cooler at the moment.

I have to investigate my summer house roof later on. It appears to have been melted by something - very mysterious. Fortunately, it is only corrugated plastic.

The little guy is with me this weekend - and he is off to a birthday party later on. Hopefully the weather will be good for that.

Instead of solenoid operated valves this machine has a stepper motor that drives gears connected to paddles that control which bit of the soap dispenser gets the water.

Is this just me, or is that ridiculously over complicated?!?

Have a good day everyone!

Indoor barbecues?

Barbecues did cross my mind to be honest - although not one of mine. Quite how charcoal could have got up onto the summerhouse roof is anyone's guess.

I've had the ladder out and been up to have a look - and it looks like a bodged repair to be honest. I think one of the panels got broken before and was simply covered up with a different panel of a different type. The new type has discoloured and distorted quite badly leading me to think it had been melted.

That just leaves one question - why haven't I noticed it before?!? :lol:

I think at some point, I'll have to replace the whole roof. I'll add it to the ever growing list of jobs!

• RMweb Gold

Morning All,

Is this just me, or is that ridiculously over complicated?!?

I think it is clever but over-complicated. The paddles control the flow to the four soap compartments prewash, main wash, fabric conditioner and in wash stain treatment. This part doesn't seem to like hard water so unless I fit a water softener before the machine I'm likely to have to replace a £50 part every four years, but that is cheaper than a service contract or a new machine as it otherwise it is very good in fact "Aus Erfahrung Gut" as it said on the box originally. I replaced the motor brushes a couple of years ago which was the only other repair. We have used it a lot!

My kitchen looks like a bomb has hit it - I really should put some effort into clearing it up. Unfortunately, motivation is low...

My utility room looked as if someone had pulled out all the stuff out from under the sink but was too tired to put it back. Fortunately wife and child restored it to its normal state.