The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning boys,

Another fine day out here in the desert, 41C already :blink:

Had an excellent day yesterday. Spent the day escaping from crashed (simulated :D ) aeroplanes using escape slides, then moved on to messing about in the swimming pool, in life-vests, climbing in and out of rafts. But the best bit was being surrounded by 25, or so, cabin crew girlies, largely from Thailand. Brilliant!

A bit more down to earth today..........shopping and tidying the house in prep. for the wife coming out here on Friday next. She's only staying for a week though ;) .

PL

Morning all,

Full set of oktas again this morning and already 20C on the thermometer!

Too cold! :blink:

there's no pleasing some people :lol:
Besides, where would I put my foodstuffs?

Inside you could be a start!

Morning boys,

Another fine day out here in the desert, 41C already blink.gif

Had an excellent day yesterday. Spent the day escaping from crashed (simulated biggrin.gif ) aeroplanes using escape slides, then moved on to messing about in the swimming pool, in life-vests, climbing in and out of rafts. But the best bit was being surrounded by 25, or so, cabin crew girlies, largely from Thailand. Brilliant!

A bit more down to earth today..........shopping and tidying the house in prep. for the wife coming out here on Friday next. She's only staying for a week though wink.gif .

PL

It's a tough life....

That sounds like my kinda job.

Anyone know the rules on moulded plugs? Piece of kit arrived yesterday with a moulded on Euro plug. Of course I can cut it off and fit a UK one, but I thought the law was that any mains appliance had to be supplied with a moulded plug suitable for the country of sale.

You can tell the heat is making me irritable....wink.gif

Morning All,

Another warm one here - and I predict it is only going to get worse! It was 28°C when I got up today.

I haven't got a lot planned for this weekend - I think I will just see how it pans out.

Had an excellent day yesterday. Spent the day escaping from crashed (simulated :D ) aeroplanes using escape slides, then moved on to messing about in the swimming pool, in life-vests, climbing in and out of rafts. But the best bit was being surrounded by 25, or so, cabin crew girlies, largely from Thailand. Brilliant!

What a job!

I knew I should have become a flight engineer! I was what I spent all my childhood years wanting to be. <_<

Although having said that, these days I'd probably be a grizzled freight dog, lugging boxes around on some dusty apron, at the back end of nowhere and then trying to keep a flying museum piece where it should be - rather than at the pool, surrounded by beautiful women :lol:.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

It is already rather warm here. I've put all the washing out so it should dry soon. Had a chat with my neighbour about bricks. I think he was going to build the base for his new conservatory today but I think the heat may make him postpone.

I'm off the the model rail club barbecue today. It doesn't look as if rain will be a problem .

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - looks like a scorcher again. Unfortunately the lateish consumption of a pizza and a few glasses of white wine kept me awake a lot of the night, must have kept the neighbours awake too with the associated farmyard sounds......

Still, feel better than I have all week, a day with the family and both grandsons today so should be good. Of course I never seem to go over my son's without the 'Oh, can you bring your toolbox over' mantra, so I don't know what he has in store for me.

• RMweb Gold
kept me awake a lot of the night, must have kept the neighbours awake too with the associated farmyard sounds......

Very inconsiderate of you to practise your guitar at that time of night.

Are you flooded out BoD?

No - sunny here at the moment. It looks as if the rain is going to stay just to the North of us.

• RMweb Gold

My wife is off to the hairdressers and I'm going out so I've given Matthew instructions about a few things that need doing. He considers this to be a promotion as in the past I've told him the dog is in charge while we are out.

Tony

Unfortunately the lateish consumption of a pizza and a few glasses of white wine kept me awake a lot of the night, must have kept the neighbours awake too with the associated farmyard sounds......

The mind boggles! :O

Morning all. Grey here to the west of BoD.

This morning will involve a trip to the bank to pay in last night's Lodge moneys and if there's time too while Mum's in the chiropodist, a quick visit to Durham Trains of Stanley.

I was still up last night watching the live news at 2.30, but they didn't announce Moat's death till after I'd gone to bed.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Dog walked, coffee drunk now looking for the list. Worries me when there isn't one. At least with a list you know what has to be sorted before you can go and play with the toys but with no list...

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

29.8° out here at 53% humidity. The prospect given by the weather forecast was not much brighter either, predicting a maximum humidity of some 70%. Wonder if I should dig a pool in the garden? :lol:

Question from Mrs S. "Would you want me to tell you if I saw that snake in the garden?"

Knowing this was a loaded question, a feeble OK came from my lips.

"I saw it yesterday. It came from under that bush, swam right across the pond and then went over there. I went over and could see it's tail sticking out from under that shrub. It was really nice. I hope we get some more..."

That's me done for. Any thoughts of a graden railway have been well and truly scuppered.....blink.gif

• RMweb Premium

If you were a British MP you'd probably build the pool and claim for a bunny island for Albert and Trude!

I actually have taken to slightly misting the two with water these days, using a spray bottle. I never thought about a bunny island, however! :lol:

That's me done for. Any thoughts of a graden railway have been well and truly scuppered.....blink.gif

Look at it this way, Gordon - perhaps those snakes will turn out to be afraid of railways? :D In that case it might, in fact, be a worthwhile enterprise!

I can't remember the last time I sat down in front of the TV with a couple of beers and watched the Grand Prix qualifying.

Must be at least ten years! I really should do it more often...

• RMweb Premium

Topped out at 39.3° about ten minutes ago, and to add insult to injury, a friend told me he installed an A/C unit in his flat :lol: . We'll still need to make a few purchases, but I can tell you I'll do my best to keep that as short as possible!