The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning All,

It is a rather dark morning in this part of the world, but not as cold as it was at the beginning of the week.  It is funny how some mornings seem darker than others - I guess that must be perception.

I don't have a lot else to report this morning, so it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Thin layer of snow about .5" thick has covered the outside world! Wrapped up on the sofa as I type. Morning dose of antibiotics taken, too. I don't think I'll venture outside for anything but some essential food purchases...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Feeling far too energetic for a Friday!

Don't try and cross the Swiss border illegally they have a big army and air force and are all trained!

NHN..don't think Durham City speak is pit hacker...us lads from Borden couldn't understand them so its posh Geordie!

Have a great Friday...don't work too hard.

Polly, you need a portly accordion player for your team. A memory of Mike Cook from York Show.

Baz

• Like 12

Morning all, it's dark here. Rain forecast for later. Never was much good at speaking French but we had an exchange teacher from France, very nice lady with curvy bits in the right places, twelve year old boys notice these things. Apparently she asked me (in French) if I was hungry, to which I replied (in French) "Yes, it is raining". Lord knows what she thought of the English after that. Have a good day all.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Don't try and cross the Swiss border illegally they have a big army and air force and are all trained!

Baz

Once drove from Geneva airport up to one of the French ski resorts - Avoriaz,  or some such. 

On leaving the airport my bag and passport went into the car's boot, not realising that Swizterland hadn't joined the latest EU/Schenzen/whatever border agreement.

When I reached the border I was asked for my passport by the French chappie.

Unfortunately my French was good enough for him to understand me muttering about how much simpler it would be for more countries on the continent to remove road-based border controls when you could probably walk across a field and ignore him anyway. :jester:  

• RMweb Gold

Southern seem to be having a problem with their ticket machines as a lot of them are often out of order at Redhill and with fewer ticket windows open these days it does create very long queues in the ticket office. I can no longer rely on collecting tickets purchased on line at Redhill these days.

Our bus was early but the train late so even I felt the cold this morning standing on the platform for 25 minutes. My other half is still frozen despite her bring well wrapped with gloves on her hands.
Just hoping they don't terminate this 12 car at East Croydon now that we are going slow and even later.

Nice clear sky though.

Update

Luckily we are still heading to LBG.
Using the excuse of problems at Billingshurst level crossing but this train was reporting as on time long after it had gone through there. It was only upon reaching Gatwick that it started to get late.

Further update

16 late in to LBG . For its next service, it is running fast missing numerous stops to Redhill and beyond. Other half has found out why her feet were so cold - hole in sock!!!

Edited by roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Frosty start today but sunshine is promised.

Up late for once and tea supplied to The Boss who is at the moment planning another shopping trip to which I am invited commanded to attend.

The good news is that negotiations regarding the use of the small bedroom for railway purposes (which had stalled) have reopened and are sounding very promising. :imsohappy: (Mind you we have been here before!)

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 10

Evening, beer'o'clock here except I'm in my wife's hospital room. Well, nothing stopping me smuggling some in if I really wanted... Baby is doing fine, gained 100 grammes since birth and will come off the drip tomorrow. Unfortunately visiting hours are just after feeding time so he's always fast asleep when I see him.

• Like 2

Morning all, blue skies with a haze over Borough Market Junction. Thick frost and bloomin' cold on the Side of the Hill for the walk down the station.

Trains on time this morning!!! No seat. Last night I got a seat at LBG and the trains ran OK. SE has done well for a change. We shall see for this evening.

Visions till blurred in the lower half of the left eye, can't t tell if it's better or worse. Think it's going to be a long road one way or another, so I need to be patient. Busy day ahead, need to crack on, but still find time to buy a birthday pressie for Mrs Lurker! And no inspiration.

Glad AndrewC is still talking beers and that the Neanderthals haven't got him!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Needed to pick up a prescription I forgot asking for yesterday but will need to briefly head out to the pharmacy again later as they needed to order the stuff. Oh well… For the moment, I'm wrapped up with a cuppa tea again, and railway sites to browse.

• RMweb Premium

Morning, Friday is still the new Saturday!

Nice to see you post, Debs - I was getting a bit concerned.

Not a lot to do here today bar some house work, it's windy out and rain forecast soon so the garage once again is out of bounds as I dislike being cold.  Might have a fiddle with my Heljan 33 as the speed curve leaves something to be desired on the Lenz 90 controller, yet is OK on the Decoder Pro throttle - odd.

• Like 15

Back to wet and windy again but much warmer. It must be high tides again as we had very little beach to walk on this morning. Bridie decided to roll in the mucky foam at the waters edge, presumably because she would prefer to be a yellow labrador. Lots of handfuls of dead grass needed to clean her up before she got back in the car.

Had some disturbing news yesterday. Apparently, as of June 2014, the company with whom we have breakdown cover for the motorhome, will not provide cover for vehicles over 7m long. I have to check to see if they are honouring current policies taken out before that (we've not heard from them directly). I'm not sure what we will do once our cover expires as the usual suspects brought in the same restriction about 4 years ago. I'm not sure what the situation is in the UK although that's fairly academic anyway as they won't give me cover as I am not a UK resident. It's not necessarily the cost that worries me, it would be not having a number to ring in case of a breakdown or even a flat tyre (we do have separate cover for tyre call out but that's only for the UK). It would be particularly of concern if Steph was driving the motorhome on her own. I think more research and ear bending is required!

Enough of my problems, enjoy POETS day. Off to look at TV's later.

• RMweb Premium

Morning from cloudy Wales.

It is a rather dark morning in this part of the world, but not as cold as it was at the beginning of the week.  It is funny how some mornings seem darker than others - I guess that must be perception.

I don't have a lot else to report this morning, so it is time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

If it's anything like here, it'll be telling you how thick the cloud is. :blind:

Enough to put the lights on this morning.  :mosking:

12166 025 hope you feel better but 5" layer of snow is "thin"?  What's thick then?  :jester:

One of my former colleagues introduced me to this one.

Barry, the melodian player stands tall, elegant and commanding and he is joined by a very fine fiddler.

Watch how you go today.

• Like 12