The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Have a good day one & all and may the sprog drop go well (I wonder if Japanese Midwives understand English bad language?)

I'm sure they'll understand Mrs. Squid's Yamato-esque utterances.

Anyway I've been sent home for the night to await further developments in the company of my phone.

Well that was a very productive morning. About a gallon of soup made, debris from storms cleared up, fallen tree sawn up and enjoyed a lengthy phone conversation with brother and SiL (as it was her birthday yesterday). Now it's time for some of that delicious soup (chicken and vegetable).

Enjoy the rest of the day.

• Like 14

My final experience of teaching was in a supply capacity at a school with a very civilised arrangement - when a teacher had done a supervisory break duty, then the Teaching Assistant would take the class for 15 minutes to enable the teacher  "go for a hot drink", etc! And on a cold morning, the "etc" was essential!

This morning I was very glad to return to my cosy apartment after attending a 30 minute service (brilliant!) at the church opposite to where I live, followed by a brisk walk along Babbacombe Cliffs then on to St. Marychurch precinct for a little shopping before returning via two rather attractive parks. And all in bright sunshine after a chilly start.

Hope your day is equally pleasing.

Sherry,

Glad to hear you have found a church that suits you after your recent less than happy experience at another place of worship,

Regards,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Didn't get on much yesterday, so didn't get caught up as much as I hoped. 

Roads round here were pretty treacherous first thing, and then we had some wet snow which the bright sun has just about dealt with.  Early wood burner today, and a hearty stew for dinner to try to keep the cold out.  Still think that the central heating will be getting a bit of a run later on. 

Not really a whole lot more to say, but as usual generic commiserations to those ailing, and congratulations to those celebrating - oh yes and railsquid, hope all is going well.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

So, if Public Health England recommend cocoa, wondering what Public Health Scotland recommend. I'd be tempted to spend my winter fuel allowance on a decent malt whiskey! :)

Just back from swimming over at Guildford. At what point did tattoos become so popular that those of us without them seem under-dressed?

• Like 8

Evening all,

Thanks for the link 'shortliner', now I've seen it with my telescope (night before last), I'm happy!

General information for the uninitiated - 'Whisky', when produced in Scotland, doesn't normally have an 'e' in it!

Joanna had a good result at her hospital check up this morning so we're just off to a bit of a family celebration - probably means I'll be a bit 'tired and emotional' (in Private Eye parlance) to post further tonight! She had a small skin cancer on her temple last year but the consultant today felt that no further intervention is required, just check it now and then for changes - result!!

Hope everyone has enjoyed Sunday so far and that the week ahead brings only pleasant experiences.

Kind regards,

Jock.

PS G'night Pete! G'night all! (In case I'm slurring later!)

• Like 4

Has anyone tried this?

Rail Maze - Free

Puzzle games are great fun and a good source of free gaming. In Rail Mail you build a railroad quickly out of square tiles. The free version is surprisingly packed, and a good way to pass the time. There is a 69p version with extras though, if you really like it.

Rail-Maze.jpg

It's from the Apple/Mac store.

I've not played that, but in my youth we used to play the Waddington's board game 'Railroader' where up to 4 people have to build their railroad and then drive their train to the end first to win.  It used to be quite competitive between me and my 3 brothers and assorted friends!

Drainpipe duly fixed, wood sorted for the week!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

NHN in the yellow hiviz, that looks suspiciously ex-Police.  No idea how that happened... :angel: .but I suspect my old Inspector is still looking for it. :O  :jester:

Not any more he's not.

• RMweb Premium

Evening, troops...

We did go out for a walk in the glorious afternoon sun after I'd completed my dose of prep for today. Dinner was this:

mobile.816opbe.jpg

Oriental style chopped lamb with home made hommous, pine nuts and a lemon, garlic and coriander sauce, served with roast carrots.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

We didn't get to Southend seafront for our walk. We went down to the park in Benfleet and went past the railway station and had a walk along the seawall at Benfleet Creek. We spent a while looking at various ducks, gulls and waders. The egrets seemed to favour the ditches in the park rather than the creek. For a few years the egrets seem to have been solitary and rather territorial but there seem to be a couple of pairs now.

Aditi was quite pleased today as she has cleared the backlog of work stuff she inherited last August. However she now has to produce a timetable for next semester (not an Americanism, they work in semesters not terms for some reason). Apparently producing the timetable is a sign of strength of character. She just wishes people would stop telling her stories about who went bonkers producing one!

Tony

. Apparently producing the timetable is a sign of strength of character. She just wishes people would stop telling her stories about who went bonkers producing one!

Producing timetables is a four dimensional problem - staff, students, place and time.

Trouble is that we normally think in three. 

• Like 4

Nah, he doesn't do faceache and certainly isn't on here!   Football (Man-U - yeuch) is all he is interested in, plus pip-gathering.  Third one coming to shoulder near him soon.....then he'll get a nice new jacket!!!

Great Scot! That jacket is identical to my "winter" one too. Someone is making a killing (oops, bad taste).

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Producing timetables is a four dimensional problem - staff, students, place and time.

Trouble is that we normally think in three.

The Sanskrit meaning of Aditi's name is she who is infinite, unbounded by space or time. Should be useful for a timetabler!
  • Like 8