The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Wow, what a lot's been going on today on here? 

Well the soup was supposed to be "leak" -- according to the restaurant manager this morning.  Once I'd gone through the menu with him suggesting a number of spelling corrections...it's quite unusual here to find that many in the same document. 

The boss phoned and suggested that visited one of our finished (phase 1) projects as we now have a boiler to install.  Phoned the clients man on the ground  - "it's on its way - should be here by lunch time"  (yeah - right!)  Called in around two - still on its way.....but I says you have got about a zillion crates of bottles to move............"ah forgotten them!!!" . Yea gods it is so difficult to get any thing done here.. 

Anyway get to  the airport  surprise - planes  on time!!!!  So back home before dark , ( I was on the one with the green tail)

Now to try and catch up with mails,

Try to have a good night, 

Trev

post-4282-0-92918500-1421264140.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

evening, as I type I am tethered to a sofa in he hope the house doesn't blow away - to say it's windy is somewhat of an understatement.

Sorry to hear Mal's news, fingers crossed for a steady improvement.  Dom, too, no ta nice thing to experience, my favourite uncle used to suffer, you have my sympathies.

Had a busy day at work valuing the stock take, my right index finger is now somewhat shorter.....calculator finger!  :jester:

The UK is cut off again , and will be all day tomorrow too, anyone running a 'just in time' business is finding out about life on an island. M&S and Tescos, are you listening?  I doubt it..... :butcher: The word warehouse has been deleted from their dictionaries, but that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard over here at this time of year!

• RMweb Premium

evening, as I type I am tethered to a sofa in he hope the house doesn't blow away - to say it's windy is somewhat of an understatement.

Sorry to hear Mal's news, fingers crossed for a steady improvement.  Dom, too, no ta nice thing to experience, my favourite uncle used to suffer, you have my sympathies.

Had a busy day at work valuing the stock take, my right index finger is now somewhat shorter.....calculator finger!  :jester:

The UK is cut off again , and will be all day tomorrow too, anyone running a 'just in time' business is finding out about life on an island. M&S and Tescos, are you listening?  I doubt it..... :butcher: The word warehouse has been deleted from their dictionaries, but that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard over here at this time of year!

Windy here too.  The shipping forecast this morning (the one after midnight!) gave stronger winds north of the Great Orme.  Wind has strengthened since this afternoon and the lights now flicker occasionally.  Keeping fingers crossed that doesn't mean we'll get a power cut.  Other parts of Wales have had a dangerous mix of ice and snow, and winds that have caused structural damage.

Keep warm and safe tonight.

OK <sigh> I need some help...

It appears that I'm getting, old, senile, stupid, forgetful OR all four - anyway, I'm buggered if I can remember the full dialing number to call "me" in the US from the UK.

I need to provide the number so that I can be contacted for some vacation details and the online forms start +1 <insert my number here>

So, if my phone number is 952-270-1234, could some kind ER soul tell me the full country code etc., string I need to provide them.

Thanks in advanced (in case I forget I posted the question) :O  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

How to call United States from United Kingdom:

00 - United Kingdom exit code to dial first when calling international

1 - US country code must be dialed next

00 + 1 + Area Code + Local Number - Overall dialing code format

Example

American number: 929-555-0012 (or 1-929-555-0012)

Dialled from the UK as: 00 1 929 555 0012

• RMweb Gold

How to call United States from United Kingdom:

00 - United Kingdom exit code to dial first when calling international

1 - US country code must be dialed next

00 + 1 + Area Code + Local Number - Overall dialing code format

Example

American number: 929-555-0012 (or 1-929-555-0012)

Dialled from the UK as: 00 1 929 555 0012

Most international forms online now use the + sign to represent the appropriate international code. On most mobile phones inserting + will insert the international dialling prefix. So in the above example I would store

+19295550012

Windy here too.  The shipping forecast this morning (the one after midnight!) gave stronger winds north of the Great Orme.  Wind has strengthened since this afternoon and the lights now flicker occasionally.  Keeping fingers crossed that doesn't mean we'll get a power cut.  Other parts of Wales have had a dangerous mix of ice and snow, and winds that have caused structural damage.

Keep warm and safe tonight.

Tell me about it (in the modern idiom).

Bluddy awful weather.

Rereading Ian's post it looks as though the online form might have already put the +1 in and just be asking for the rest of Ian's number.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering...oh well, they're friendly folks so I'll put the number I "have" and I'm sure they'll contact me by email if the number isn't sufficient/useful for them :)

• RMweb Premium

Wind strengthening. And an ominous sound from the roof......

Too dark to see so off to bed with fingers crossed!

Night night, sleep tight and hope the bugs don't bite!

Baz

In all my near 50 years of driving, I have never made such a huge cock up and my buttocks are still tightening just thinking of it.

They tighten in case your sphincter loosens........

Scientific fact.... :drag:

Best wishes to those who have had sad news.....

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Still blowing - sudden noise of a car alarm about 22.25 caused me to look outside - to get a good view of part of next door's garden suggesting part of my fence wasn't where it was supposed to be.  Check on site by self and the good Doctor not only confirmed it wasn't where it was supposed be but had very very narrowly avoided a collision with laddo's car.  Panel was detached from the post at one end and still attached - to a broken post - at the other end.  So in the end, and to cut short c.75 minutes of work in the pouring rain, we removed three panels, one with post still attached at one end, plus a post to get back to the solid post at one end and an already propped one at the other.  The panels and posts we took out were then used to prop another section of wiggling fence.

By some sort of weird quirk of happenstance earlier this evening we had been given, and accepted, the estimate from the rebuilder of fences to replace what we took out plus two other panels plus the other wiggling posts - but it won't be done for a couple of weeks as he's already booked up.  Hopefully it will shortly be a case of 'so to bed' - and no more alarums and excursions.  G'night all.

Evening all, just,

Still no comet as we've got wind, rain and lots of cloud though it doesn't seem to matter in the light of the troubles that some on here are facing!

Dom, hope it turns out to be an isolated incident.

Sherry, he would be very old 'Ddudders' if that was the case! Ian, I used to put a level batten on the wall to help support cupboards whilst I fixed them without assistance. Mind you I was younger and fitter then!!

Enjoy your Thursday folks and I hope that those with weather problems don't wake up to scenes of damage,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete, Mike and All wh are still up!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

You have my sympathy Mike not a job I would want to do tonight. I have my fingers crossed as next doors fence is pretty dodgy with a least two posts waggly a lot. She has not moved in yet. I had already put is several screws refix swinging panels while it was being sold (plus putting some panels up on my side where I had to keep the dogs in. I have put in a concrete spur against her post on the worse one as it was likely to hit our car if it went (with her permission). Less trouble than getting the car fixed.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Up earlyish (for me) to go and pick up one of my pupils at 0800 for a driving test at 0920.

I had a test today that was cancelled due to icy road conditions - it was particularly hazardous just outside the test centre, although after the first 100 yards, the roads were fine. [1]

Now the rain has washed all the ice/snow away, the problem is that t may be flooded or high wind damage such as felled trees in the test areas tomorrow morning. I can't check if the test will go ahead until about 0810 when the examiners turn in for work.

Cheers,

Mick

[1] My local driving test centre is located a short way along a private road owned by a local paint manufacturing firm. This road is not gritted. However, as the test centre is government agency property, the car park for it is gritted........ So tests get cancelled because the 100 yard long private road is not subject to surface treatment in icy conditions.......

Better not rant go on too much, as one of the local examiners is a fellow model railway enthusiast and may be reading this!