The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

AFAIR , the Mk 2 still had wind up's and external door hinges , wind up's arrived with the Mk 3 which also

had internal door hinges and was a 69/70 model .

Could the one in the film be a custom job ?

Lots of info here about all the changes .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini#Mark_III:_1969.E2.80.931976_.28ADO20.29

I need to amend the above, Mk 2's still had sliding windows and external hinges .

Must pay more attention .    :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

Mmm, getting windier - the ashes in the wood burner are dancing on the grate - with the dampers shut. That usually indicates about force 10.  The temperature is dropping too, I suppose the good thing is that it isn't raining (yet) and is sunny and bright!

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Quite windy here. Good job I didn't go for the curry as well as the beer. 

Paracetamol is kicking in and I've a morning of typing ahead of me. 

Also got to mend a skeleton. As you do. 

Anyway it's the end of my first week in the new job and many positives to give myself a pat on the back for and, of course, a lot of feedback that will help me do even better next week. 

Couldn't have got through the week without having brilliant colleagues in the team I lead, so made sure to tell them that before the went home.  

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

As mentioned earlier and due to circumstances beyond my control I've had to cancel going to St Albans so am in grumpy mode at the moment.

However looking on the bright side there are plenty more shows to come.....

....as many Muslims are saying....it is not in the name of our religion, suggesting that the hardliners are marginalising themselves even amongst their own faith. One has to accept that fanatics will use the flimsiest, though often with a religious slant, reasons to justify the most outrageous extremes.

Probably not the place for the discussion but I don't think I'm required to accept it.

I'd be pleased to see pro-active steps by Muslims to purge their places of worship of such people.

Well done to those who have taken such action but it is by no means universal.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

No great extremes of weather here so far - our turn must come soon - and it's mild, 12/13 deg. The sun was out a while ago, too. There is a fresh breeze and the clouds are scudding along, but that's all.

In polite society we say PUSH Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday. Ahem!

Phone rang about 7 last night, with MiL's niece, the nun Jenny-Anne, offering to put MiL on. "Have you been trying to ring me?" asks MiL. "Yes" I reply "and you and I spoke two days ago when Charlie rang me on your behalf - I'm due to ring tomorrow". Memory now completely shot, so it's a good thing she can't see to dial my number more often! Sadly tomorrow is now today, and 11.00 GMT is the due hour. I may be some time....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Last nights winds seem to have calmed down but the rain has increased although it is forecast to go away (towards Tony no doubt) before too long.  Fence is still standing - which I can only put down to the amazing flexibility of various (knackered) posts which allow it to go with the wind and then blow back the other way, I s'pose that's better than them just snapping.  I'm wondering about concrete posts this time round although at least our new neighbour that side seems keener to take care of the various trees and shrubs which damaged the fence in the first place so new timber posts might survive.

New valve on order for the unsoftened water tap in the kitchen but need to remove an embedded end cover in order to take the handle off the existing valve.  Discussion with a Silverline engineer about the best way to remove it as there's no way I can get even a tiny screwdriver in behind it to lever it out - Silverline tech set to go off to try various methods and I tried to use my thumb nail to remove it - eureka, cap removed so I then told him how it could be done! 

Have a good day one and all.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

As mentioned earlier and due to circumstances beyond my control I've had to cancel going to St Albans so am in grumpy mode at the moment.

However looking on the bright side there are plenty more shows to come.....

GB, if you can trek round the M25 to St Albans, then maybe our local show may also be a possibility? Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 February.

http://www.altonmrg.co.uk/category/febex/

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Yes - or paving slabs.

The problem was that, once the tail started to go, it was even more difficult to get back with the extra weight!

My FiL was a mill furnisher and used to use 2 boxes of nails. 

Jamie

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

GB, if you can trek round the M25 to St Albans, then maybe our local show may also be a possibility? Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 February.

http://www.altonmrg.co.uk/category/febex/

I was actually going to "trek" via Shanks's, TFL & Thameslink Andy so a little ride down to Alton is a doddle and is on the list for consideration.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold
DDolfelin, on 10 Jan 2015 - 12:13, said:

I had a 3 litre Capri GTXLR.

Ah, the dream of many a young man, not least due to the shape. I had a boss who was clearly not a little stirred when late at night he saw a Capri parked in the woods by the road, with the driver enjoying the full fruits of adult pleasure, his girlfriend willingly spread-eagled along the bonnet.....

• Like 13

Ah, the dream of many a young man, not least due to the shape. I had a boss who was clearly not a little stirred when late at night he saw a Capri parked in the woods by the road, with the driver enjoying the full fruits of adult pleasure, his girlfriend willingly spread-eagled along the bonnet.....

I've ticked 'Like' but of course I wouldn't be associated with such outrageous behaviour.  :angel:

• RMweb Gold

Yes - or paving slabs.

The problem was that, once the tail started to go, it was even more difficult to get back with the extra weight!

I have had two capris back in the days not longer after being able to drive.

Used to enjoy taking the Capri for a spin in the snow. Near my parents there is a long straight wide private road whic still doesn't have any parked cars along it as all the houses have large drives and there's a grass strip between the footpath and the road so we used to have great fun along there ith out any risk of damage to us or any one else. It certainly taught me how to handle the Capri and also how not to drive in snow!!!

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Sun is coming up here with some cloud aswell over downtown San Diego.

Today we start the journey home flying from here via Chicago. There is a direct BA flight from that we could have booked at the same price but originally doing the trip via Chicago got us back early Sunday into Heathrow which would give us the afternoon at home.
However the flight schedules changed and there now isn't much difference in the arrival times with the direct flight.

Always a bit harder when starting our trip on the East side of he continent and finishing on the West but glad we do it this way as of recent by chance we have missed the bad weather in the East and end up in a very pleasant climate . Coat and pullover have been sitting on the back of the chair in the room the last few days!!

Just hoping that there are no delays at O' Hare tonight.

Back to reality on Monday.

post-1557-0-50047500-1420901231_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Prep written up, food purchased, so that tonight, stir fried chicken with pak choi and sesame will be on the menu, and tomorrow a variation of the Jerusalem style spiced aubergine with beef, tahine and taboulé.

Today's weather has been stormy, rainy, with maximum temp of 15°C. Supposed to stay like that through Monday.

• Like 6

Morning, brief check-in before doing the various "tasks/options" as we've got older SiL and her husband over for dinner later- Mrs always panics and wants everything perfect <sigh>

Looking like some chances for a little modeling too, though I'll believe that when I manage to get to it ;)

Lovely day here and quite warm - it's ONLY -15 with a wind chill of -23, positively balmy (well, I am for sure!!!) going to be all the way up to -8 today, luxury!! :O  :jester:

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Wet and windy here today, and that's only outdoors! Had to dodge lots of fallen braches on the way to work so be careful if you are going out.

Yes, the back road has a tendency to get that way, doesn't it?

Afternoon All

I wanted to look in on The Train Shop in Morecambe this morning, and decided not to risk the traffic and possible debris-dodging as per Geoff's warning, and let Stagecoach take the strain instead - a good idea as it transpired as the bus was being blown all over the place when it reached the sea front, and the wind was seriously cold and strong.  I'm sure that I saw Fraggle rock in the distance heading towards us.  In fact, the wind was so unpleasant that I opted to go inland to Lancaster to get the rest of the stuff that I needed, rather than suffer the conditions until the next local bus back to the village.

Edit - I posted before I had caught up - and as ever, there's so much stuff, that all I can say is batten down the hatches, as it's still pretty blowy here, and is almost certain to be so in much of the UK. 

Regards to All

Stewart

ps - in case anybody's interested, here's the other side of the truck as well - it is really well made, and I did wonder whether it started life as a display model in a Pickfords office somewhere, as a lot of the signwriting appears to be transfers and the colour seems very accurate indeed.

post-103-0-05794500-1420912154_thumb.jpg

S

Edited by 45156
  • Like 12