The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It's the main news story over here on US TV news.

Regarding drones there is a lot of concern about them getting in the way of aircraft and falling onto people or property due to the huge rise in sales.

I have one but I have left the limit set at 20 feet and only fly it in either our garden or parents garden. Just proficient in its use to take it anywhere else.

• Like 5

POETS day - been a relatively uneventful first week of the new year, with the exception of the cold I guess...

Yesterdays weather turned "annoying" by mid-afternoon. The snow, albeit only relatively light, continued to fall giving us about 4-5 inches on the ground and winds picked up providing near blizzard like conditions just in time for the evening commute. Many motorists reporting 3 or 4 times the normal time to get home - so glad I have the option of working from the house!

Choir rehearsal was amazingly well attended, usually weather issues result in lots of folks deciding not to attend - given we only have two weeks before our MLK concert that helped I'm sure.

I now have a "fat lip"!! :O Nope, not the result of mouthing off to someone bigger than me, but we are thinking due to some unknown food allergy?!?! Started to appear during rehearsal, which is right after dinner with choir members at a local watering hole. I had the same thing I ALWAYS have which makes it stranger still... it sure seems like an allergic reaction but no idea why <sigh> oh well.

Sorry to hear about the dangerous winds in the north of the country, be safe...

Weather here is summed up by the prominent weatherman for the region who had this wry comment today "...at least the sun is shining...".

Right now it's -20, clear and sunny with a wind-chill of -33 and we aren't expected to see anything higher than -16 today! :jester:

Evening, long time no post.

Another last train heading east out of Tokyo, drinking with former co-workers from the former company from hell. It's been less than a year since I quit, but I am still meeting people who joined after me but were fired or left of their own voilition.

• RMweb Premium

I just saw your hat going past actually - heading East!

I'll catch it on the way past.

Afternoon All

It's a mite breezy today, and it has been chucking it down most of the afternoon - and a similar forecast appears to be on the cards for most of the next week. 

30747 got caught in it, and Lily and she came in looking rather bedraggled to say the least.  I said I would do doggy duty, but later once the rain abated a bit....

I was invited to attend a memory clinic at the Drs as I am diabetic, and over 60, and got there at 11.00 for an 11.10 appointment, but was seem straight away as the previous person had forgotten to attend!!  We have just acquired a 3 foot long hand made model of a Pickfords flat bed truck (possibly an ERF) with a 5t container on the back which we found at the local antique centre, and beat the dealer down a bit to a more acceptable price.  A bit of a restoration project now looms, and it will probably need quite a lot of work, as it had some damage, and also it has clearly been sitting around somewhere as it was covered with dust and cobwebs.  Once it's done, I'll post an image.

Stove is lit, curtains are pulled, and I am off to have my tea.  May call in later, but may not.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Against whom do I make a claim?

Aeolus, or possibly Venti*

*Other wind gods are available.

Do you have their address?

Are they on (gale) ForceBook?

Do they have a Twister account.?

Can I SKYpe them?

Perhaps I can just get them on the blower?

Shall I stop now?

• RMweb Premium

Can I SKYpe them?

Shall I stop now?

Is the owner named Gustave?

• RMweb Gold

Can I SKYpe them?

Shall I stop now?

As the tree was hitting cars perhaps it was pining for the Fords.
  • Like 1

Can I SKYpe them?

Shall I stop now?

Hmm, I was thinking of adding a Craftsmanship/Clever rating, but on retrospect coming us with these things is a .... ... ... BREEZE...

Coat, hat already on and whooshed out the door... <GROAN> <GROAN>

I'll catch it on the way past.

Afternoon All

It's a mite breezy today, and it has been chucking it down most of the afternoon - and a similar forecast appears to be on the cards for most of the next week. 

30747 got caught in it, and Lily and she came in looking rather bedraggled to say the least.  I said I would do doggy duty, but later once the rain abated a bit....

I was invited to attend a memory clinic at the Drs as I am diabetic, and over 60, and got there at 11.00 for an 11.10 appointment, but was seem straight away as the previous person had forgotten to attend!!  We have just acquired a 3 foot long hand made model of a Pickfords flat bed truck (possibly an ERF) with a 5t container on the back which we found at the local antique centre, and beat the dealer down a bit to a more acceptable price.  A bit of a restoration project now looms, and it will probably need quite a lot of work, as it had some damage, and also it has clearly been sitting around somewhere as it was covered with dust and cobwebs.  Once it's done, I'll post an image.

Stove is lit, curtains are pulled, and I am off to have my tea.  May call in later, but may not.

Regards to All

Stewart

Stewart, please can we have a "before" picture?

Ed

POETS day - been a relatively uneventful first week of the new year, with the exception of the cold I guess...

I now have a "fat lip"!! :O Nope, not the result of mouthing off to someone bigger than me, but we are thinking due to some unknown food allergy?!?! Started to appear during rehearsal, which is right after dinner with choir members at a local watering hole. I had the same thing I ALWAYS have which makes it stranger still... it sure seems like an allergic reaction but no idea why <sigh> oh well.

You haven't been bitten by some verminous little insect that has awoken from hibernation, have you? - it happens sometimes in the middle of winter

• RMweb Premium

My trip across town to Ron Lines was fruitless; he's in the middle of the move to the new shop so both were shut. I'd have known if I'd had the wit to check the website! The new place is just a few doors along from the old one. I walked up to Wilko's and bought a pick & mix bag of coach bolts with nuts and washers. And I didn't go to the pub!

Pete

• Like 1

You haven't been bitten by some verminous little insect that has awoken from hibernation, have you? - it happens sometimes in the middle of winter

Thanks - pretty sure not...

Given our temps, trust me nothing is daft enough to awake right now - if I could hibernate I would!!! :jester: but someone has to work and build a model railway ;)

It's actually going down already, pretty sure it must be food related, but dunno what exactly for now, maybe a change in some ingredient somewhere either at the restaurant or something I snacked on <sigh>

• RMweb Gold

We have had quite a bit of walking to wear breakfast off. Been round two shopping malls A computer store (resisted buying another gadget but it was tough) then for our first beer of the day.

Don't half feel sleepy now.

However two more breweries to visit that are in the same area let alone all the others planned for today including a ferry trip to one of them.. A tough day!!!!!

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

Harry Kane.

Why would our best player be at fault…….:-)

Just sat and watched 'Rush' on DVD about James Hunt and Niki Lauda.  Really enjoyed it once you got your head round the 70's acting.  The guy playing Lauda was brilliant…..

Peed of Mrs S by stopping the film to see a D reg (1966) Austin Cooper S with wind up windows.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wind ups were the Mk2 and didn't they start in 1967?

Nerdy I know…..

Take a look at the pit stops.  What a hoot…..

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 2

I was invited to attend a memory clinic at the Drs as I am diabetic, and over 60, and got there at 11.00 for an 11.10 appointment, but was seem straight away as the previous person had forgotten to attend!!  We have just acquired a 3 foot long hand made model of a Pickfords flat bed truck   Once it's done, I'll post an image.

Stewart

Don't forget.

• RMweb Premium

Peed of Mrs S by stopping the film to see a D reg (1964) Austin Cooper S with wind up windows.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but wind ups were the Mk2 and didn't they start in 1967?

AFAIR , the Mk 2 still had wind up's and external door hinges , wind up's arrived with the Mk 3 which also

had internal door hinges and was a 69/70 model .

Could the one in the film be a custom job ?

Lots of info here about all the changes .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini#Mark_III:_1969.E2.80.931976_.28ADO20.29