The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

bliss, i can sleep in my own bed tonight instead of the cab floor of 70804 (which is surprisingly comfy!) my train tonight has been cancelled

big jim, as a junior civil servant I used to pull 30-hour shifts about twice a week for a few weeks at a time, catching an hour or two of sleep about 5 in the morning on the office floor. They supposedly had a "hard lying" allowance. A perfect name for it as the floor was made of concrete.

I never actually saw the allowance, but it was a nice concept.  :jester:

Enjoy your mattress, sounds like you deserve it. :) 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

.Today is Friday for me, so I may just risk a glass of red.

After today's "earnest discussions" in Sainsbury's  BWS dept I'm currently "risking"  my second glass of red. The mood I'm in further risks are  liable  almost certain to be  will definitely be taken! 

Cheers  :drinks:

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

After today's "earnest discussions" in Sainsbury's  BWS dept I'm currently "risking"  my second glass of red. The mood I'm in further risks are  liable  almost certain to be  will definitely be taken! 

Cheers  :drinks:

I'm in!

• RMweb Gold

I have just opened a bottle of Delirium Tremens beer. Very good if one is thirsty! I will only be having one though. Dinner is "on hold" as Aditi was delayed as the power-fold mirrors on her Fiesta wouldn't unfold. I suggested reading the manual but she had already tried that. Someone passing by told her that her Mum had the same car and there wasn't a manual override. I said there must be and started looking on Google. She rang home to say that a nice man at AA tech support told her what to do!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have just opened a bottle of Delirium Tremens beer. Very good if one is thirsty! I will only be having one though. Dinner is "on hold" as Aditi was delayed as the power-fold mirrors on her Fiesta wouldn't unfold. I suggested reading the manual but she had already tried that. Someone passing by told her that her Mum had the same car and there wasn't a manual override. I said there must be and started looking on Google. She rang home to say that a nice man at AA tech support told her what to do!

Have two and you will be trembling!!!

Very nice though

Evening all,   posted a few more holiday snaps tonight.  For Xmas I was given a number of bottles of non - alcoholic  sparkling wine ( ghastly stuff),  so my house girl who can be very inventive in the kitchen decided  it might make a "Red Wine" sauce to go with chicken  - it didnt....well a least it was edible - and with mash potato to soak some of it up...rest of the bottle went down the drain! 

Ok bed time, sleep tight, mind the bugs dont bite, pleasant dreams, 

Trev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Two large glasses of Bushmills has had a very theraputic effect after the double trauma of shopping at Boundary Mills followed by IKEA, plus the transit along the M6/M54.

Even as I write this, I can feel the urge for a smaller nightcap of same beckoning.

I say this as, I have to finish the Bushmills prior to starting on the Glenfiddich that DD and Son in Law got me for Christmas.

They got it for me because they liked the box (Bless).

Lots of low flying helicopters around tonight:  Obviously Shawbury has started a night flying phase for the trainees.

Some would complain...................Having been grateful for quite a bit of helicopter support during my military career, including a ride as a casualty on a medivac flight, all they get from me is a wave or a thumbs up.

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Have two and you will be trembling!!!

Very nice though

That would have required a trip to the garage/train playing area to replenish the fridge!

I needed not to be brain numb as I may have had to sort out the Fiesta mirrors but they are fine now. Obviously they needed to be back in Essex!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Two large glasses of Bushmills has had a very theraputic effect ...

When Matthew went to Malta for his alleged geography meeting he was asked to bring along something alcoholic from the UK so he took a bottle of Bushmills. Apparently it was a popular choice.
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A Train, at Reading, for Mike!  Bisected by a lamppost of course, such is life.

Railrover210Large.jpg

Edit, look at the roof ribs on that BG - everyone will be putting them back on their Bachmann coaches....

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 4

Postman did well today. Came after 12.30 and left 4 items. Only 2 for us, the other 2 were for a woman with a different name to us who lives in a completely different address.

I have complained several times already about receiving wrong mail or a neighbour having to bring our mail round. So in a fit of pique I decided action was needed. I carefully placed a sticky label on both items, so that the delivery address could be seen and then wrote 'delivered by a blind postman to (and put our address)'.

Lets see if we get any more wronguns.

• Like 2

Spent most of the day sorting out old photos, and thought I'd share this one.

Mater (on right) and friend puttin' on the style, circa 1955.

post-7286-0-68947400-1420760221.jpg

We lived on a South Yorks NCB estate then, alongside other Scots, Welsh, Irish, Geordies, etc, a lively place where people knew how to make their own entertainment. Mater's duo had their own little song and dance act, which was a general favourite at Hogmanay - particularly their hilarious sand dance, with Pater accompanying them on the moothie.

The Christmas highlight for me was the arrival of Santa Claus with toys for the smaller bairns - a short, wiry, dark-complexioned man from the South Welsh Valleys whose lack of stature he more than made up for with a booming voice - "WHAT D'YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS THEN, BOYO?" 

Happy days.

• Like 19

Good morning all from a positively chilly Nigeria  it only 18C  ! Mind you it will be in the high 20's by lunch time but with humidity in single figures & the air full of dust. 

Still today's Friday (what already?)  so lets make the best of what life throws at us?

Trev.

• Like 1

Wotcha.

Up early after an early night, flu still with me...

Just how long does this take to go away?

Julie in the shop today, so I'm planning to spend it modelling. Supposed to go to political briefings Saturday and Sunday, but I think I'll let the others tell me about it when they get back!

Have a good day, all, special sympathy for those using London Bridge.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!
Yes the wind is a bit  thin here too!

Glad to see Jock being sighed on for another month.

Trev it may only be 18 but that is warm!

Enjoy your Friday!
Me, I am off shopping then a bit of parcel making and posting to do!

Baz

edited as my Kobo make sit up as it goes along!

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 3