The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

"there were about six deer standing right in the middle of the track."

A very nice start to the day. I hope it lasts through the day.

Good morning everybody!

No snakes or spiders today, just deer.

• RMweb Premium

No we just went and adopted another kitten the other two cats are very wary of her she is 11 weeks old and about 1kg mickey fled when she arched her back at him (6kg and 18 months old).

Good moning....

Must be a Geordie thing. smile.gif

Slept well. No nightmares about slithery things. The garden has taken on a whole new aura now.

Cloudy and overcast.

Must get on the torture machine for my morning exercise...sad.gif

• RMweb Premium

If I can't find the kitten soon it will be me up for adoption, she was given the run of the lounge and dining room last night, can i find her this morning no chance! A black kitten in the dark areas behind the TV sofas etc.

The (small female) feral cat got into my stock of packaging recently.

Little polystyrene balls and chewed lumps of foam everywhere with the cat asleep on her back in the centre.

Took me half an hour to clean up before SWMBO meted out a similar fate on me.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Weather is dry (at the moment) but very overcast, not cold though. Just one small binbag to put out today, it isn't a recycling week. Our present resident pet can't get lost behind the sofa but when Matthew had a long haired hamster she always re-appeared covered in dust and fluff. His very nervous rat used to head for the back of his PC if ever she got out!

Tony

Mixture of threatening clouds and sunshine this morning. A day to keep you on your toes by the looks of things.

Time I got my bum in gear I guess. Got no work done on the goods shed last night. T20 cricket, football, and my friend's folk music show on Internet radio all conspired to stop me...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Jeez - weather forecast says something about a new heat wave over the weekend, with maximums of 38° or maybe even 40 blink.gif . I'd better make sure I have a sufficient supply of beverages!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, another night of call out has ground slowly by. Bit of a funny one last night, it's not every day that someone threatens to kill you in the course of your job. I won't go into all of the details but suffice to say my employers being my employers there were lots of forms to fill in.

The unfortunate part is that you need to be quite strong minded to go tramping round the countryside on your own in the dead of night - episodes like this can shake that confidence that you're going to be alright. Still, go to be done I'm afraid, can't afford to retire yet.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Phil - hope you're unscathed physically and mentally - not nice when something horrible happens at work.

Absolutely chucking down here, and has been on and off for a couple of days, in fact, since our water company declared a hosepipe/car wash ban, it actually has hardly stopped. Not, however, unusual, that sort of coincidence, and I do know that the reservoirs here are quite a bit down.

Mick - does the new cat mean no more new dog?

• RMweb Gold

Phil, Hope you are OK. There may be lots of employer form filling but at least they are keeping a record. A former colleague of mine (still is a friend!) after being assaulted at work, reported it to senior management who told him to go away as they were busy.

Tony

Problem is, DD, that Phil's workplace is the great outdoors surrounded by Joe Public!

I too am glad he's OK and able to report the incident. Once recorded, there's also a waning on file to any of his colleagues that need to go to the same area!

Good grief Phil, just read your post. What on earth is this world coming to....angry.gif

Glad to hear you are OK, if not a little shaken.

Found a few mails in my box when I got home.

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not an older person should be put in an old age home?"

"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub."

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want

a bed near the window?"

• RMweb Premium

Yes the dog scared the cats so much they left home, now he has gone they have returned some what thinner but they have come back until we acquired an 11 week old kitten which seems to have them on the run again clear evidence that the dog was never going to work.