The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

And do you regale them with a bit of guitar work as well, Phil?

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy - although to me my guitar playing sounds better after beer.

although to me my guitar playing sounds better after beer.

Is this because you're not only seeing double, but hearing double (ie stereo) as well?

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy - although to me my guitar playing sounds better after beer.

I once heard a bloke playing in the Irish Pub in Mainz, whose catch phrase was "The more you drink, the better I sound" - It was probably true as well!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

I feel as if I'm typing this in my sleep... :lol: It's 16° outside and thus a lot better for sleeping than the previous nights were - however, they're saying the next heat wave is up from tomorrow onwards.

Have a nice day all!

Morning all,

14C with light, but full set of oktas here

I notice from the Status section of the forum front page that BoD is advocating not wearing shorts while soldering.

Presumably, he finds it easier to solder his legs together without shorts!

Personally, if soldering whilst seated, I try to ensure that there's a table between the hot stuff and me!

Morning All,

It is quite a nice morning here - not too warm outside. However, in the office is a different story. The new "night cooling system" is rubbish!

I had a very pleasant cycle ride yesterday evening - much better now that the weather has cooled down a little. More details can be found in the Cycling thread.

Soldering always carries a few inherent occupational hazards. Soldering in the footwell of a car can prove quite challenging, Trying to pick up a soldering iron by the hot end can also be somewhat unpleasant. :blink:

Have a good day everyone!

Cape rain is generally soft, steady, soaking and long lasting!

We do sometimes have agressive rain, during a storm, but that happens only once or twice a year.

It's still at the moment just threatening, but with a fairly strong, cold wind blowing.

Yeah - rain's like a squadron of dive bombers, is it not? :lol:

or a battalion of infantry with bayonets fixed, by the way Don's talking! Very threatening!

It was like that on Sunday, Jamie and I spent the day on weather avoidance.

Weak, hazy sun but what looks like a full set of oktas too and the possibility of rain. Meant to be playing tennis at 2 but that may have to be rescheduled.

Feeling groggy this morning. Had planned to get to bed early last night but didn't succeed.

Might try to crack on a little more with the goods shed diorama tonight. I say diorama, it's to be dropped into a layout at some point in the future when I have room for a layout!

Don - I think you visited my thread by accident when you were looking for Mick's (skipepsi) a couple of weeks back. It's in the layouts section, here Mike's workbench.

Tony - in case you miss the reply in the other place, on DVD. HMV have it on their website at the moment for £11.99.

[edit to include link]

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Sunshine again in this part of 'ampshire. Got another meeting this morning so I have to go into the office for the second day in a row. I really must speak to my MP about this. On second thoughts maybe not as he looks about 10!

Is anyone else finding that ERs now doesn't appear in their list of watched topics? This one and several others, including all my own threads, now no longer seem to appear in my list of watched topics. Odd.

The image of BoD soldering without shorts is a little disturbing!

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Is anyone else finding that ERs now doesn't appear in their list of watched topics? This one and several others, including all my own threads, now no longer seem to appear in my list of watched topics. Odd.

Still shows up for me - but only after any new posts, not when I've been in and read what's there, or added a post.

Morning ERs

Dull but dry (so far) here today, but rain likely later. Not a lot to report this end.

• RMweb Gold

Tony - in case you miss the reply in the other place, on DVD. HMV have it on their website at the moment for £11.99.

[edit to include link]

Thank you for the HMV information. There are so many TV channels now but I'm still capable of missing the re-run of the re-run of something I wanted to see!

Tony