The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Arrived safely in Kerry but had to make an emergency call to Halfords in Sligo as one wiper fell apart shortly after leaving home. Fortunately showers encountered without wipers were quite short and we didn't hit anyone! Wouldn't have fancied driving the whole way like that, or coming back on Saturday when the forecast is desperate!

Every one has gone off to mass, so I have a brief period of peace and quiet. Trying to put off having the first glass of wine as long as possible.

Hope you all have a peaceful day tomorrow unless, of course, you don't want one , in which case, rave on!

• Like 3

Evening all.

Nice to see you all getting stuck into the Christmas spirits. My colleagues and I decided to celebrate the season by setting fire to our workplace - well actually one of the light fittings blew up, but it made for an interesting interlude. Now to figure out how to wrap a pair of wellies.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

Nice to see you all getting stuck into the Christmas spirits. My colleagues and I decided to celebrate the season by setting fire to our workplace - well actually one of the light fittings blew up, but it made for an interesting interlude. Now to figure out how to wrap a pair of wellies.

Find a large box labelled LGB or something similar then watch the faces change tomorrow morning.

Jamie

Find a large box labelled LGB or something similar then watch the faces change tomorrow morning.

Jamie

From fury to delight you mean? The wellies are a present for Mrs Stationmaster. Mr Stationmaster has no idea what I've got him for Christmas other than that it's quite heavy (he answered the door when the postie came).

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

From fury to delight you mean? The wellies are a present for Mrs Stationmaster. Mr Stationmaster has no idea what I've got him for Christmas other than that it's quite heavy (he answered the door when the postie came).

I hadn't thought of that way round but anything that produces a good laugh must be worth it.  I think SWMBO would react with fury in those circumstances but it would need to bne a Cliff Richard calendar inside to get the delight.

Jamie

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all and wishing you all a Happy and Peaceful Christmas.

My  youngest worked out that the sooner he went to sleep the sooner it would be Christmas day. So, his first application to go to bed was around 11 am this morning. 

Application rejected. 

Anyway, two youngsters tucked up in bed and fast asleep here, having left carrots, mince pies, wine and a chocolate gold coin out for anyone who happens to be passing on a sleigh later.

I expect Father Christmas will visit in about an hour! 

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone. 

• Like 17

All will be revealed shortly, then?

Best, Pete.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

We went to the cinema and saw the final part of The Hobbit.
Really quiet drive out of Basildon!
Aditi said she needed to send a few emails to the US and Matthew wondered if it was a good time to start trying the Christmas beer. He had a Delirium Christmas and a Delirium Tremens and I had had two Delirium Christmas ales before Aditi returned.

We aren't going anywhere tomorrow.

• Like 11

Evening all. Not been online for a while as Christmas is a very busy time for us teachers, especially those who have the job of producing the Christmas play. I hope everyone is well and is prepared for the festive period.

Today has been very busy with all the "Santa" DIY preparing presents for my three year old girl. This morning there was a "Little Tykes" house to construct in the garden. This was a bargain "Black Friday" purchase and, after today, I can see why. The play house was so difficult to put together with some of the pre drilled holes slightly in the wrong place.

Later I was building a bike and also a cabinet for an aquarium - the latter a present for my wife.

The house is now looking very festive - the man in red has now been. Amber and I "saw" him (or the International Space Station) pass over our house at 5.20pm tonight. I wish I had my camera to record the look on my little girl's face. Priceless! Under our tree there is one of the Hornby "Santa Express" train sets which has been running all night. A Christmas layout idea is already forming in my mind for next year!!

Anyway enough of my ramblings. I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

Have a very good day!

• Like 15

The house is now looking very festive - the man in red has now been. Amber and I "saw" him (or the International Space Station) pass over our house at 5.20pm tonight. I wish I had my camera to record the look on my little girl's face. 

So pleased that magic has not disappeared from the world.

Good and a Very Happy Christmas Morning to all what  I like to think are my fiends on  Early Risers.

Suns just about to set across the Pacific Ocean outside the door....

I happened to mention the other day that I had never had an "American" pancake....Marilyn rectified that omission this (Christmas eve) morning... good job that they have "doggy bags"! In case it's not clear that is an Apple pancake. 

Whatever you are up to today,  be good, and enjoy your day, 

Trev. 

post-4282-0-08095500-1419466183.jpg

• Like 17

Indeed - still Christmas Eve here too Pete, and I'd not expected I'd be posting...

BUT, I just got in from a 4 hour stint in the hospital Emergency Room <sigh>

Trevor and Mrs went off at 4:30 to pick up MiL, whilst I headed over for choir practice, before singing at the 6PM service to which everyone was going to attend. WRONG!

MiL decided to essentially race across her living room as she thought they were "late", fell and needed to be taken to hospital by ambulance as she couldn't move on the floor and was in intense pain!!!

I was summoned right before practice started, met everyone at the hospital and we all spent the remained of the evening in the ER.

MiL has broken her pelvis, but given she is very active and exercises, the doctors say it's not a major deal, amazing as she's 97!! She'll need to be in hospital at least two days then 1-2 weeks in rehab with plenty of physiotherapy, before she can return to her apartment.

So we had Christmas Eve in the ER, got in at 10:15PM emotionally exhausted, and are hoping Santa is VERY QUITE when he shows up.

Merry Christmas all you ERs and families, Santa will have been by the time you read this, and I want full reports on the nice train stuff he left you...  :senile:  :locomotive:

Edited by Ian Abel

• RMweb Premium

Cake iced and a few figures added including a snowman and Santa.

For a few minutes there, I thought I'd read "ice caked!" Must have been due to the crummy dream I had, in turn most likely due to the ample dinner that was had last night. That's also why I'm again up so early… Oh well, it's a quiet couple of days, so that's all right.

Presents have been exchanged last night too (as is customary in Germany), so among other things, I now have a massive Lebanese cook book and a Japanese one to sift through. Yum!

So, anyway, do allow me to (again? Can't remember…) wish everyone of this parish a wonderful Christmas and a good time with your loved ones around you!

Edited by 1216 025
  • Like 6