The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

You know that I said the freight and steam special would clash at Redhill?

Well here is the late running engineers train from South Bermondsey sitting (which they very very rarely do) in the through road.

post-1557-0-87202400-1419360331_thumb.jpg

Here comes the steam special off the Tonbridge line. Way too dark to get a decent shot but my plan was to run up the platoform to get it whilst it stopped in the station.

post-1557-0-90169600-1419360407_thumb.jpg

And here it is in the platform but the freight sat there all the time to wait for a late running Tonbridge passenger service overtake it via platform 3!!

post-1557-0-52343400-1419360475_thumb.jpg

I wasnt the only one who was not happy.

Still, I got a few good shots of that Colas 66.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

You know that I said the freight and steam special would clash at Redhill?

Well here is the late running engineers train from South Bermondsey sitting (which they very very rarely do) in the through road.

attachicon.gifIMG_9817.JPG

Here comes the steam special off the Tonbridge line. Way too dark to get a decent shot but my plan was to rumup the platoform to get it whilst it stopped in the station.

attachicon.gifIMG_9818.JPG

And here it is in the platform but the freight sat there all the time to wait for a late running Tonbridge passenger service overtake it via platform 3!!

attachicon.gifIMG_9823.JPG

I wasnt the only one who was not happy.

Still, I got a few good shots of that Colas 66.

Ooh err two ex LMS engines!! lovely job!

• RMweb Premium

Excellent, I couldn't have hoped for a better Christmas gift :jester:

Oh, I DID forget to add on the original post the obvious - coat, hat, etc!!!

Ian, 

going back to Love Actually - somewhere in the scenes at Heathrow is ...me!  I was working there at the time for a big building service company and had to patrol to keep the guys and gals out of shot....  but I must be a big softy too as I like it as a film!

Baz

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Perhaps I should have gone to Tesco's at Pitsea this morning after all, I went there yesterday morning and it was absolute bedlam.  I decided to venture into Basildon instead only to find that the bedlam had transferred itself there. I did venture down to Tesco's late this afternoon to get a few items and it was as Tony described. I'm still debating where to go tomorrow but odds on it will only be to the local shop for my daily paper.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

We will be going out tomorrow but not shopping. Matthew suggested a trip to the cinema so I have booked tickets to see the latest Hobbit film. I managed to get three seats together that were not right next to the screen.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

How do they know that your first name is Winner?

Well, I have just received the BEST Christmas present, so I'm off to the Bahamas forever, bye, bye... :O

"Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2014 Model BMW 7 Series CAR, a CHECK worth $500,000.00 USD and an APPLE LAPTOP from the international balloting programs held in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA."

In what appears to be an amazing COMBINATION PRIZE, the first I've ever seen, the latest attempt to garner information from the TRULY STUPID, provides a total of THREE unlikely prizes into a single email! I'm amazed they didn't also include a Vacation Cruise! Are there that many morons out there?!?! :jester:  :jester:  :jester: 

Hey, it could be genuine. After all, it's not like they promised you the latest Hornby release on time, is it? Now that would be suspicious. LOL 

• RMweb Premium

Ian, 

going back to Love Actually - somewhere in the scenes at Heathrow is ...me!  I was working there at the time for a big building service company and had to patrol to keep the guys and gals out of shot....  but I must be a big softy too as I like it as a film!

Baz

I had a neighbour who was in that film, again in scenes at Heathrow.

He usually plays comedy Iranian terrorists; something of a niche market, I suspect. :dontknow:

I'm sure he was grateful for the work in a more mainstream film.  

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

And now delivered by a very polite cheerful happy smiling chappie! Just shows that not all parcel delivery drivers are bad.

P.S. Extremely impressed by their tracking system.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Good evening.

Well, the mad Christmas rush at work ended at 10 am, it just went dead, that must be when the last minute crowd decide it really is too late.  Hornby delivery (4-VEP's etc) arrived at 2pm.....really helpful, NOT.

We did have a few calls from panicing parents this morning, for things sent out special delivery for delivery tomorrow, just why do folk leave it so late?  It happens at the same date very year, folks.

So, somehow a 'Jenny Agutter appreciation Railway Children' train pack found it's way into my car this evening, I always liked the GN&SR livery on the Pannier! Shame it isn't DCC ready, I fancied it as station pilot when I build my new layout. I don't want to dismantle it to hard wire as it may well become a valuable item in years to come.  Not my usual approach, most of my stock gets weathered or otherwise altered almost as soon as it comes out of the box.

As for re-arranging letters on decorations, I once got into awful bother with fridge magnet letters - well how did I know MiL was coming around........ :scared:

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

And now delivered by a very polite cheerful happy smiling chappie! Just shows that not all parcel delivery drivers are bad.

P.S. Extremely impressed by their tracking system.

DPD have always impressed me. I was pleased to see that the incredibly expensive plastic boxes I ordered for the fridge are being delivered by DPD.

Tony

• Like 4

Aditi seems to get annoyed if I refer to her Florentine angel as a fairy. Rearranging the letters on her Santa train ornament also irritates her. At the moment the trucks are so arranged to spell Leon.

There is a pub in Shoreham by Sea, The Royal Coach, that every so often has the large gold letters of its name re-arranged into something amusing.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Then pray tell us the original message before rearrangement and let us imagine the rest.

It wasn't a message like that, it was a set of several alphabets - we used to use it to leave each other messages back when I worked shifts - 'Don't believe him, I have fed the cat' kind of things as we used to pass like ships in the night.

There was a clue as to the content of the message....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Feeling happy, now.

The Christmas cake is made and out of the oven.  

Quick marzipan-n-icing job, tomorrow.  :O

Cut and shut eat, day after.

Christmas, here we come. :yahoo:  (or is that a bit OTT?)

May all your preparations go smoothly.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I have been sorting through some old photos (actually not that old) thought you might like these.

post-8525-0-31488100-1419376811_thumb.jpg

taken in our former garden in Minehead

post-8525-0-13483200-1419376794_thumb.jpg

At Tan y Bwlch

post-8525-0-37426100-1419376911_thumb.jpg

The real Countess on the W&L

post-8525-0-10307300-1419376891_thumb.jpg

A Great Nephew at 7 months doing well as he was born with a cleft palate

Don

• Like 18