The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Definitely having a POETS day today!

Off back out to East Lothian to one of the farms I was on yesterday for a meeting which ends with lunch. Then back to the office for an hour's work, then four of us have arranged to play doubles tennis at 3.30. Strangely probably the time that BoD will be putting on his ABM t-shirt...

Saw some yellowhammers and a hare on yesterday's farm visits, plus some very nosey and affectionate horses! :D

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

It is very warm here.

Matthew and I are off to stay with his grandmother (my mother-in-law) for the weekend. We offered to go and help with the packing (she is moving to Enfield), so last night I put my cardboard and bubble wrap collection in the car. We'll return on Sunday but drop off whatever she wants us to move at her flat in Enfield. My wife is not coming with us as her thesis deadline is looming. Robbie will be at home as well, although he likes the garden at Nottingham and the walks along the river bank, I'm not sure he would understand that packing isn't a game (Look at me, Look at what I've run off with might be amusing at home but not this weekend!)

Gordon. I hope you enjoy the lathe. I went to a school where the policy was that everyone should know how to use machine tools. They also insisted we learned how to use mechanical calculators. I haven't used a lathe or a mechanical calculator since leaving school, but I'm sure I can remember the basics!

Tony

Guest Max Stafford

That would explain why it isn't seen down here. Despite being born in Glasgow and having a Scot's mother, I have never understood this hate for England.

I would cheer just as loudly for Scotland, Ireland or Wales if they had qualified for any major sporting competition.

Maybe it's a size thing.....cool.gif

Just a low-intelligence, chip on shoulder thing Gordon - as a son of the Clyde, it embarrasses the sh1te out of me...! :rolleyes:

Dave.

Morning all slept through my alarm this morning most unusual. Zen has gone back to the kennels and the cats have returned home, they had been living outside all the time he was here.

That's a shame, Mick. Hopefully you will find another who will be accepted. We have three cats and two dogs and they didn't really get on all that well, so we split the house in two zones with a baby gate across the kitchen doorway. The cats are on side and dogs in the other.

This means they both have their own areas and all get along fine now, a sort of mutual respect.

• RMweb Gold

Mick, sorry to read it didn't work out for Zen living together with the cats.

Gordon, I've remembered I did use a lathe after leaving school. I had a summer job in a rivet and screw factory. As these were high quality rivets I really did have to count them and check them with gauges.

Tony

That is some house you have there, Gordon.

Whole floors for Railway Layout, Different Pet areas (not forgetting Shergar in the sheds and fish in the lake) and now a Workshop for the Lathe.

When Mrs S. finds herself sleeping in a tent in the garden, she may start to object.

• RMweb Gold

That is some house you have there, Gordon.

Whole floors for Railway Layout, Different Pet areas (not forgetting Shergar in the sheds and fish in the lake) and now a Workshop for the Lathe.

When Mrs S. finds herself sleeping in a tent in the garden, she may start to object.

I'm sure Gordon would make sure it was a very nice tent.

• RMweb Gold

Why I put up with this abuse is anyone's guess....

You are very lathed back about the whole thing - but I'm sure you could chuck a few insults back.

They would make a rivetting read.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Late surfacing on the forums this morning. I'd already delivered daughter to work, fixed a bike tyre, cleared my work email backlog, taken one of the cars to the garage for a service, had breakfast and all the other necessities of life before 9am! Just hadn't got round to the forums honest!

Hoping the weather is going to brighten up as I'm due to go and play trains at a mates garden railway this afternoon.

Had a jolly fine day at Goodwood yesterday drooling over motor cars. I now realise I "need" a Ferrari 458!

458.jpg

I was impressed to find that Gordon had let them put his car on show in the supercar display. Strange, I could have sworn it was a darker colour blue.

Noble.jpg

Cheers

Dave

I'm with you Dave. The Noble for everyday use and the little white one for the weekends. I must stop dribbling, it makes the keyboard wet and slippery...smile.gif

...and I've really taken a fancy to the white R8 Spyder in the tv ad. Decisions, decisions....

This reminds me I saw a Renault Alpine GTA a few days ago. I always liked this one for some reason or other :) .

Yes - quite nice, but I can't help thinking that it looks a bit like a forbidden liaison between a Ford Sierra and a DeLorean :O

There are been three cars that I have wanted to own. Mini Cooper, Subaru Impreza and Caterham Seven. I have managed two out of the three so far - I can't say I have ever been a huge Ferrari fan, I did borrow one from a friend a few years ago for a thrash around, but it wasn't particularly practical. Having said that, I guess it wasn't supposed to be :lol: What I was impressed with, was the ability to carry four people (although it helped if the back seat passengers had small legs!) and the fact that you could change into fifth gear at about 30mph and keep it there right up until top speed, and back again. Plus, the sound getting there was fantastic.

• RMweb Premium

Yes - quite nice, but I can't help thinking that it looks a bit like a forbidden liaison between a Ford Sierra and a DeLorean :O

Yeah, a DeLorean would be cool to have :) . Another one I much like would be a Citroën DS - the parents of a friend from school had one of these for many years.

Earlier this week I also saw a Ferrari Dino which is another classic car I like a lot. However, if I had the choice among several top-tier classics I would probably prefer something more suitable for quiet cruising - perhaps a Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow or Camargue.

• RMweb Premium

...and I've really taken a fancy to the white R8 Spyder in the tv ad. Decisions, decisions....

Had sit in one of those and they are very nice and it seemed to fit quite well till I looked at the price ticket. £112,000 seems quite a lot for an Audi!

Driving around a couple of weeks ago, I was going one way and a Pagani Zonda was going the other way...! :wub:

The Pagani salesman didn't seem to think I was a serious buyer. He did have two to get rid of so I thought I would show a bit of interest!

Cheers

Dave

I'd love to win the lottery and do that, go in, get sneered at, then pay for an expensive car.

#nevergoingtohappen...

In Cash! Nothing bigger than a £20 note! Video camera recording the rep's jaw plummet!

Satisfaction indeed! B)

The ask for a 20% discount for cash!!!!