The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Chocolate and cream?

No, no 1000 times no - of all the liveries that I don't like, it's Chocolate and Cream - don't forget that I'm LMS through and through, and would prefer Crimson Lake!

• RMweb Premium

Why does she want to paint your car?

It might look better - does Railmatch make cellulose paint suitable for a respray, so I can drive about in an LMS Crimson Lake Ford Fiesta - better that the silvery ice blue that it is now - but it seems that these "icy" colours are still more in vogue than the bolder colours.

• RMweb Premium

Humble pologies for suggesting a colour scheme so repugnant to you.

Crimson lake it shall be.

Cheers, Don - as I was brought up to believe that the LMS was the best of the pre-nationalisation companies, and as I lived in ex LMS/GSWR territory, and my dad's cousin was dyed in the wool Crewe, I doubt that this prejudice will even change now - but let's face it, there was no take it or leave it with Swindon - you liked it, or hated it. Agreed that Stanier used Swindon practice for his designs, but he had, at least, the ability to see beyond 4-6-0 as the biggest wheel arrangement.

Now then, W&S is not the place for any debate about railways - so let's get back to the usual nonsense.

• RMweb Gold

I shouldn't have mentioned that I liked the tracking messages about packages arriving. The one that should have arrived from Holland on Tuesday is still indicating that it arrived at Paris late Monday evening. So today I have had an online "chat" and was telephoned an hour later to confirm that they don't know where it is other than the container it was in did arrive at Charles de Gaulle airport (but they are looking!).

Tony

• RMweb Gold

No doubt France will be closed due to strike action again. ;-)

Dave.

The nice lady from the courier who phoned me did wonder if there was a backlog caused by last week's strike action. As President Sarkozy is personally investigating the French football failure I wonder if he could spare a minister to pop down to the airport to facilitate my package?

My European jaunt this summer doesn't involve France for once as our crossing will be Harwich-Hook of Holland on the way out and Esbjerg-Harwich on the return. The package I'm waiting for is the upgrade discs for my car's sat nav. I've commented before about how my wife doesn't approve of sat-nav (she likes maps) but has discovered that they also include points of interest information so suggested I update. However it would appear that the sat nav built into my British built (Liverpool, but Indian owned manufacturer, part of Tata group) vehicle requires me to order the upgrade from Holland but it is shipped via Paris. Is this globalisation? It would have been a useful example for Matthew's economics exam last week.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

We're in for yet another scorcher, it would seem - thankfully, I did sleep fairly well, in spite of the heat. Still nicely peaceful outside, which I guess I should savour before the heat strikes again :) .

Have a nice day, chaps!

Morning All,

It is another nice morning here - pity it won't stay around this temperature because it is quite pleasant outside at the moment. I must admit to having abandoned shirt and tie today in favour of shorts and T-shirt. Enough is enough!

Right - off for some coffee. Have a good day everyone!

Good morning all.

It's Thursday! :)

The rain appears to have moved off and it seems to be largely clear skys. It's still an hour and a half to sunrise but I can see stars.

Still wearing four layers of clothing though.

Are the rabbits using the balcony Dom?

How about a Jamie report Mike? How is her vocalisation? Can she say Dada etc yet. Remember we were all part of her birth so have a real interest in her progress.

Anything happening on Wittering Dd?

BoD hasn't reported on loft progress since January!

I presume work on Eastwood Town has been postponed during Wimbledon.

Dave appears to be very busy on Watton

Morning Don..

I might need four layers of clothing today. Distinctly overcast and no sun for the first time in days. Hopefully it will appear later today. Development on Eastwood stopped for a variety of reasons. The World Cup and Wimbledon haven't helped, but I got distracted by working with my airbrush and converting a Bachmann loco.

Murray in the semi's may write off Friday afternoon, plus the World Cup matches will see the TV on for the quarter and semi's before the big one.

Latest update is here..

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/3422-eastwood-town-update/page__pid__169609__st__175&?do=findComment&comment=169609

• RMweb Premium

Are the rabbits using the balcony Dom?

They do, but only early in the morning or in the evening. They usually spend the afternoon hours dozing in their residence where they are screened from the sun - rabbits cannot perspire, far as I am aware, so this is certainly wise.

Apologies Gordon, I did follow the thread in YMR, but thinking layouts it slipped my mind. I am particularly impressed by the greasy appearance of the valve gear. The overall appearance is really excellent. Well done. The last steam locos I saw close up were all 'specials' and in super shine condition so had forgotten the look of work-a-day steam locos in the 50s.

I shall be cheering Andy on Friday!

rabbits cannot perspire, far as I am aware, so this is certainly wise.

Absolutely right - they dissipate heat through their ears. Heat stroke is their biggest summer killer, so certainly a good idea to give them plenty of shade.

Misting them (and especially their ears) with water is a good idea, and they will love it!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Nice day here, but threatened with change later.

Don: There is little progress in the actual loft but track building is progressing, a little bit here and there as and when. We are not all called Gordon. biggrin.gif

A.B.M.

Morning all! After days of warm weather and sometimes even sunshine, today I'm due to be on an outdoors site visit in East Lothian and it's pouring! Meant to be going with a colleague - I'm almost tempted to drive her there, drop her off and go back to the office and collect her later. ;) That would be mean though...

So, what I'd thought would be a chinos and polo shirt day is now a waterproofs and jeans day. Joy.

Jamie is now walking on her own. Still crash lands from time to time but can manage significant distances now. She can say "hiya" but hasn't really got the hang of other words yet. She's almost there though. And she can almost recognisably sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (it comes out as tuggle tuggle idll dar, da da da da da da da...). :) but the tune's there!

Was at the Perth Show on Saturday (sadly didn't get to meet Shortliner who was there too!) and picked up some Kadees so I think next job might be playing with installing some on stock. The goods shed is pretty much complete but I want to plant it on a baseboard to drop into a layout later. I picked up a Kadee uncoupler too so plan to incorporate that in the goods shed.

And Gordon - nice to get an Eastwood Town update last night. That loco is looking suitably filthy! Very nice finish.

Morning all

Nice day here, but threatened with change later.

Don: There is little progress in the actual loft but track building is progressing, a little bit here and there as and when. We are not all called Gordon. biggrin.gif

A.B.M.

Cheeky b*gger..biggrin.gif

ABM? Had to Google that one....

Do you have something you want to tell us?.....cool.gif

http://www.abm.me.uk/

"Anything happening on Wittering Dd?"

You'll be the first to know, Don.

Some 'grunt' work done but nothing to photograph - mainly reinforcement of Lilo Hill and preparation for joining two 3' x 3' baseboards.

A Texan 'joined' my website yesterday.

While I think about it, congratulations to South Africa for their organisation of the World Cup.

Not heard a bad word about it.

I have, however, heard a lot of bad words from Sideshow Bob.

We don't need foul mouthed tantrums at Wimbledon - especially when there are young people and women in close proximity.

Had I been there, I would have reminded him that he wasn't at home.

Surprised there is no mention of censure.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Glad to see you all engaged in witty banter as usual. Haven't had much to report lately.

I'm off today as the school have got an induction day which means I'll be staying at home either doing more planning for the layout or some geography coursework, but probably a bit of both. Just putting the kettle on (not that it will fit me, you understand!) laugh.gif