The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Weren't they all made by Ronco? They'd be too early for JML!

Ronco or K-Tel probably (I've just noticed BoD recalls K-Tel as well!). Probably not the Lakeland catalogue though!

Tony

I'm sure there was one in the 1990s Innovations catalogue along with the cardigan debobbler and cd cleaner!

There was.

JML have a rack in most Focus stores. Pleased to report that aside from a useful-looking jigsaw type thing and the 'screw removers' (read wreckers, but they do work...), it's mostly all utter junk :D

• RMweb Premium

The dog is not doing very well he keeps leaping towards cats and barking at them which doesn't match up with cat friendly in my view. Frightened of anything and it's shadow and obviously been beaten a lot by the way he cowers but cat friendly no.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

I guess my sleep's not that deep these days as it is so warm - still feeling quite groggy in any case. They're saying today is to be yet another scorcher - well, basically the rest of the week is :lol: .

Now for some coffee...

Cheers!

Morning All,

Ronco and K-Tel - now there's a blast from the past. All those adverts in the run up to Christmas for things you didn't want, but other people seemed to think you couldn't live without!

I'm back in the office this morning - and it is already a rather warm 23.5°C in here. I expect that it will get significantly worse before the day is out.

I am also feeling a tad nervous this morning. I've got a date this evening - which I am very much looking forward to, but there are a few butterflies :unsure:

Have a great day everyone!

Thanks for sending the rain down here Mick. A few light showers around which will help the parched lawn.

Hope your date goes well tonight Robert.

Had some little oik run into our drive last night and knock over some of my log pile. No damage at all, just irritating. No doubt he'll grow up one day...angry.gif

Thanks for sending the rain down here Mick. A few light showers around which will help the parched lawn.

Hope your date goes well tonight Robert.

Had some little oik run into our drive last night and knock over some of my log pile. No damage at all, just irritating. No doubt he'll grow up one day...angry.gif

He may not if he keeps on pulling stunts like that! ;)

Off to Inverness today, on the 9.35 train from Waverley. Back late tonight.

Good luck with the date Robert! Dates are nerve-racking but I've always found the asking-out first far worse! :)

We had rain last night, though it's dry and cloudy this morning.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, The sprinkling of rain seems to be done for the day even though the oktas are all in evidence. Working from home day for me again as ther are no meetings or phone calls scheduled.

I'm with you Mike, the asking out bit was always the scary bit. Why is it girls always go around in packs so you can't get to speak to your chosen one on her own?

Hope the dog settles Mick. Thousands of years of breeding to create something that chases small furry things that move is going to take some effort to overcome. Very difficult if they have been mistreated as well. When we got our Lurcher (actually more of a Bitsa) as a puppy we were warned not to be too tough with it as they can very easily be broken being fairly timid creatures at heart.

Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Somewhat dull weather here but it is still very warm.

Mick. I do hope Zen gets used to the cats soon. If a cat comes in our garden Robbie will chase it out, no barking or growling just a high speed dash. If he meets a cat when we are away from the house he is not interested. Barking and pouncing were puppy games for him with toys or other friendly dogs. Various friends have rescued dogs and for some of them it takes a while for the dog to realise they were not going to be hit if you moved towards them.

Robert, I hope all goes well. I can't offer much advice about dates, I married the first person to ask me out!

Gordon. I've seen some of the log piles in alpine regions. I think disturbing a log pile would be treated as very serious crime there, as so much work seems to have gone into making them tidy. Yesterday must have been "oik day". Matthew got abused by a group of said oiks. Apparently they thought he was Spanish and amongst a lot of expletives suggested he went back to Spain. Matthew was amused to see the oiks were hanging out of the windows of a SEAT car. He just replied to say he was sorry but he didn't speak English.

Tony