The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Need to water the flowers later on, too ;) .

I'm trying to be good, I didn't wash the car and I don't water the garden! Dinner will be easy tonight, my wife dropped into Marks and Spencer and bought loads of stuff that just needs to go in the oven for about 25 minutes. I didn't do any railway modelling today apart from taking my test HO layout out of the dining room. I did cut some furniture edge protector up to make my storage boxes more protective to stock but then I just chatted to neighbours.

I think it is time to program the oven!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Watch what you put in that compost bin Tony, you might end up with more weeds. I put any weed-like stuff in the big council wheely bin we get for such purposes here. Only 'proper' plants and old vegetables/peelings go into my home composter now, I speak from experience!

Congratulations to Robbie on his new, well-groomed look! :)

Dave.

At our old house we had a slow worm and bees living in the compost.

Robbie does look like he could be on a spaniel calendar at the moment but it won't last long. He normally only looks this good when he comes back from kennels. He of course does get groomed regularly but this was thoroughly all over in one grooming! Once after he was looking smart he got attacked by a boxer (dog not pugilist). The owner apologised and said her dog didn't like other male dogs and she had assumed that Robbie was female as he was so "pretty"!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

That was a hot one - had 92212 for the day, thank goodness I wasn't on 34007, they looked ready to drop after the first trip. On my 3rd beer now, first two didn't touch the sides and went sssssssss on the way down....Sausage, beans and chips cooking, footy on the telly, beer in the fridge - I'm a man of simple pleasures!

• RMweb Premium

That was a hot one - had 92212 for the day, thank goodness I wasn't on 34007, they looked ready to drop after the first trip. On my 3rd beer now, first two didn't touch the sides and went sssssssss on the way down....Sausage, beans and chips cooking, footy on the telly, beer in the fridge - I'm a man of simple pleasures!

Room for one more?

Evening All,

It is a lovely evening here - sunshine, a light breeze and no football!

Spent the day wandering around the Amateur Radio exhibition in Friedrichshafen and had a very pleasant day - apart from getting well and truly rucksacked :blink:. We have all been there, but this occasion was particularly nasty given that the bloke in question had got a 2' fibreglass aerial mast in the rucksack! Never seen that at a model railway exhibition ;)

Just off for a glass of wine and a read...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Very quiet outside - I actually quite like being awake at this time of day as the world's so pleasantly calm yet :) . The only downside is that durned hayfever which cropped up again when the summer returned, meaning I have to limit my outdoor activities :( .

Cheers!

Well today is THE day...

Home will certainly not be football free zone and with respect to Dom and Robert, hopes are high to beat Germany today. Got family and friends here from midday onwards, so it may get a little noisy after 15.00....smile.gif

Get past this one and then it could be Argentina.

What a chance to settle old scores...tongue.gif

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Another beautiful day looks in the offing here. Almost too nice to watch football - but not quite.

We had a very heavy downpour last night. It lasted just ten minutes and was followed by one flash of lightning and instantaneously the loudest crack of thunder I have ever heard. Two minutes later and the sun was out again.

• RMweb Gold

Already nice here. It isn't forecast to be quite as warm here as in London but the slight breeze should make it more pleasant. I believe we shall be watching the football this afternoon.

Tony

Morning all,

18C and okta-free here too - where's that thunderstorm of yours, BoD? Send it this way, please!

Off to work shortly so won't be watching the football; I'm sure the better team (on the day) will win!

Out of curiosity, is your bowl oven proof, Gordon?! :lol:

I was thinking of other uses apart from the hot jelly solution!

BTW, given the requests we've had in the shop recently, it lacks a T Gauge track and train!

• RMweb Premium

and with respect to Dom and Robert, hopes are high to beat Germany today.

No offence taken as I really am not into football and thus cannot be disappointed, so you won't see any ill feelings from me if England should win :lol: .

Morning All,

Decided to have a bit of a lay in this morning, and so definitely not an early riser today!

It looks like it is going to be another hot one today, so will probably go for a walk later on.

I will be wishing both sides luck today - I am not really a football fan either, but the World Cup is generally the time when I do watch some matches. Deep down, I would like to see my own country win, but I won't be tremendously disappointed if my adopted one does. :P

Thumbs up for England then!

Have a good day everyone

Guest Max Stafford

I too shall be supporting my adopted country unlike a lot of my fellow native countrymen... :blush_mini:

However, I do like Germany and whoever wins this one, I shall back all the way to the final.

No Klinsmann-styles dives though please, Germany - it doesn't come across as terribly sporting...! :P

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, lovely day. Loads of aches and pains today after yesterdays battle with 92212's reverser on the MHR. Not sure what was up with it but it was really stiff, of course when we run round you have to go all the way from forward to reverse gear a couple of times, I felt like Popeye at the end of the day, muscles all pumped up. The other thing was that when you stop with a vac braked train you try and stop on a rising brake so that the train runs on to the loco, thus ensuring that the coupling is slack and can be uncoupled easily. Could I get it right yesterday - could I b*ggeree. Every time I had to ease up, which meant doing all the above with the reverser.

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining - convinced myself because of the aches and pains I'm just going to take it easy, catch up with Glastonbury on I-player, watch footy and drink beer.

It's a tough life, I mean I've got to learn some more 'Hey Joe' on the guitar later.....

Have a good one.

• RMweb Gold

Well today is THE day...

Home will certainly not be football free zone and with respect to Dom and Robert, hopes are high to beat Germany today. Got family and friends here from midday onwards, so it may get a little noisy after 15.00....smile.gif

Will you have to put a 'sickie' in tomorrow then? biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

I've been online shopping for stuff (books, maps) for the holiday this morning. I've also been sorting out the documentation for Umweltplakatte (after reading about the fines mentioned in yesterday's Telegraph Motoring section) that seems to be needed for some of the cities we are going to in Germany. Fortunately Google explained all!

Still very warm here.

Tony

I was thinking of other uses apart from the hot jelly solution!

BTW, given the requests we've had in the shop recently, it lacks a T Gauge track and train!

Was looking at the Tgauge demo layout at Perth, yesterday, and at the new ranges of people and animals. There was a lass of about 6, saying "mummy, look at the tiny horses , and the tiny cows, etc, etc" I told her to be careful where she put her hand, because the sheep were ants that had been painted white! - Her mum burst out laughing and said that her daughter would absolutely believe that! She didn't put her hand to close in case they ran up her sleeve!

Shortliner:

The cows and sheep are the same size as ants; I've often joked that a couple of live ants with a few blobs of white on should be let out on my layout, Lynnbottom, to amuse the punters! FYI, no new figures / animals have been added to the range since last June when Lynbottom was built!