The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

All this car washing, just making my job harder :rolleyes: - never mind, can only do one thing at once. Less than a week of hot weather and the system is starting to creak already. My employers are introducing a global water meter scheme whereby over the next two years or so every Southern Water customer will have to have a water meter, like it or not - that should help.

Still it should stop people like my next door neighbour who has his sprinkler on every night to water his lawn and then moans like anything about having to mow it so often. If we do have the long, hot dry summer it will bite worse than ever this year - you have been warned!!!

• RMweb Gold

Well hello all,

I know, I know, I haven't spoken for a while. (yet again!)

Still more beautiful weather here and more to come by the sounds of it.

Went to Studland beach to do a pilot study for my A2 geography on Tuesday with my best friend (Can't remember if I told you this last time!) which went really well and achieved its aim.

I similarly have still got my hay-fever - whilst not as bad as some years, it is still a pain in the wotsits!

Got a music lesson tonight but i'm not looking forward to it. To be honest, i've never looked forward to my music lessons ever since I started - I much prefer to do things at my own pace. Been playing piano for over 7 years. I should really 'quit' the lessons, but I'd feel guilty in a way because i've known my music teacher for so long. I particularly don't like the current music lessons because I am having to tear apart a song made by my favourite group (No prizes for guessing!) and try and completely re-write it with new melody and chords. Not easy, very embarrassing, and I feel like it's stagnating!

Still, enough of my woes! This week I've been actively playing Frisbee in my frees - that and cycling everyday has really been a challenge in this heat. Got a driving lesson tomorrow and a barbeque Sunday.

Today we made a water rocket in physics as the day was so nice. And yes - I had to run to fill up the water bottle (I must admit I was the worse for sports a year ago, but cycling has improved my fitness levels.) So all in all, a lot of exercise this week!

Life is both relaxed and hectic at the moment blink.gif

Anyway, enough rambling - that was a long post rolleyes.gif

My employers are introducing a global water meter scheme whereby over the next two years or so every Southern Water customer will have to have a water meter, like it or not - that should help.

Does that mean you'll be fitting a meter to my drains? I'm in a curious situation where South East Water supply the fresh stuff and Southern Water take away the used stuff!! Therefore, I'm a SW customer!

• RMweb Gold

Does that mean you'll be fitting a meter to my drains? I'm in a curious situation where South East Water supply the fresh stuff and Southern Water take away the used stuff!! Therefore, I'm a SW customer!

Only potable water, so you can relax on your loo!

We're the first (I believe) water company to do this, rest assured the others will follow.

I have a water meter - but I am also "metered" on the amount of waste water. They calculate it based on 90% of the fresh water being consumed being thrown away. Probably not too far from the truth when you think about it.

On the subject of washing cars - I put mine through the car wash on Wednesday evening. I don't wash it all that often to be honest - I'm rather lazy with that. The only trouble is, when washing it so infrequently, that you are not sure if it is just dirt holding the whole thing together! :unsure:

I have a water meter - but I am also "metered" on the amount of waste water. They calculate it based on 90% of the fresh water being consumed being thrown away. Probably not too far from the truth when you think about it.

On the subject of washing cars - I put mine through the car wash on Wednesday evening. I don't wash it all that often to be honest - I'm rather lazy with that. The only trouble is, when washing it so infrequently, that you are not sure if it is just dirt holding the whole thing together! :unsure:

• RMweb Gold

We have had a meter since 1990 as this house didn't originally have a rateable value as it was built in the poll tax/community charge era and was therefore metered. Houses built a couple of years before us who don't have a meter pay about 3 times what we do for supply and drainage. Waste water down the drains is charged as a percentage of supplied water here as well.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still quiet outside and it looks like it's bound to be another warm day - so we may indeed be doing a barbecue :) . Yeah, I am a rather early bird these days, but I somehow refuse to get back to sleep once I've been awake as I usually feel even more groggy afterwards if I do!

This reminds me I haven't washed by car in...what? Several months would be not too far off the mark either! :lol:

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - just off for a day on the footplate, a tad warm methinks. Just going to be thinking about the cold beers waiting in the fridge....

Have a good one everybody.

Morning All,

The weather is showing all the signs of producing another hot one today - not that I am complaining. It is considerably better than grey and rainy!

My mobile broadband signal is behaving itself a lot better today. Same place, same time, same weather but the signal is a lot stronger. Funny how atmospherics work like that.

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

If you are looking for something interesting to do today you could always go to the World Worm Charming Championships.

Ignoring the political decision makers, here's thinking of the "lads and lasses" on Armed Forces Day.

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Dog walked coffee being drunk. Bright one again and there is an ever increasing list to deal with. For some reason our microwave oven started to get really hot (on the outside!) yesterday evening so it looks like it's a case of off to Currys/Comet/"Your preferred electrical supplier" at some point this weekend. Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Morning all! Had a good day yesterday at the Royal Highland Show, though my feet were aching after6 hours of walking round the showground! Ran into a few familiar faces during the course of the day too.

Plan today is to pop up to Perth for their Model Railway Show. Looking forward to seeing the station building from the layout Rannoch Moor (of this parish - go hunt out the thread!).

Car could definitely do with a wash but not today...

FiL has a pierced lung from two broken ribs in a recent fall.

Totally missed by attending medics and subsequent hospital visits.

If SWMBO hadn't queried the shortness of breath with his own Doctor, it would still be a mystery.

A constant source of anxiety - one almost dreads the 'phone ringing.

Now I've cheered you all up, I think Sideshow Bob is on again today.

Hope it doesn't conflict with football.

Now we know why he wore his hair like Ginger Spice in a haunted house.

He has bald spots.

Edit: Nothing wrong with bald spots of course.

There speaks a man with a full head of hair...biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about your FiL DD. Beats me how doctors miss these things in their diagnosis.

Bright and sunny down here. Feels a little like Groundhog Day with my mother's stories....Bless her. cool.gif

• RMweb Gold

I don't know what was the most exercise today, taking Robbie for a walk or brushing him afterwards. His fur was full of sticky seeds. We sat at the bottom of the garden in the shade while I brushed him. Not only is he seed free now, he looks unusually smart.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

...... the bottom of the garden will look interesting next year too.

I've already had the "were you intending to leave that pile of furry seeds there?" comment. Unfortunately my honest answer wasn't the correct one and the furry seeds are now in the compost bin.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Awfully warm over here - temperatures topped out just shy of 31°. However, we rescheduled our barbecue for tomorrow as I think a salad will do just fine for dinner.

Need to water the flowers later on, too ;) .

Guest Max Stafford

Watch what you put in that compost bin Tony, you might end up with more weeds. I put any weed-like stuff in the big council wheely bin we get for such purposes here. Only 'proper' plants and old vegetables/peelings go into my home composter now, I speak from experience!

Congratulations to Robbie on his new, well-groomed look! :)

Dave.