The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Thoughts for the day:Maybe those tennis players should take up tree felling.Could chop down a lot of trees with service arms like that.Rained overnight here.A much better way of organising the weather."My keyboard is suffering from a sticky A today - making typing somewhat difficult!"Did you mean 'My keybord is suffering from sticky tody - mking typing somewht difficult!' ?

Or:

'My keyboaaaaaard is suffering from aaaaaaaa sticky AAAAAAAA todaaaaaaaaay'?

Morning all, hot already. Late start today as I have to do some doctor things prior to the op. Appointment is 8-50, if our doctor is running to form that will mean I'll get in about mid-day. I see that the new government has accelerated the rise in state pension age to 66 by 2016 - to give people the opportunity to enhance their retirement by working longer, or some such nonsense. Thank God I'll miss that one, I want to enhance my retirement by retiring.

I won't. :shout_mini:

They need to be careful. If they raise the retirement age much further, people in some parts of Glasgow are going to have to be zombified to work the 20 years after their life expectancy...

If you have a sticky keyboard, just take it off and sumbmerse it in warm soapy water. Give it a good scrub with a soft brush and then leave it to dry for a day or two. Did this with my daughter's boyfriend laptop and it now works perfectly well.

Of course I wouldn't do this with my own machine......

Sometimes you just get lucky...biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold
I'm thinking about doing a week's walking or cycling holiday in early August. I've been advised against walking the West Highland Way at that time due to the midge count. Considering walking the St Oswald or St Cuthbert long distance paths. I've always fancied cycling the Kennet and Avon canal. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Convenient for you, the Castles and Coast cycleway, it runs from Edinburgh to Tynemouth. You could finish and go on to your parents and it is supposed to be a very enjoyable route.

It's on my to do list.

• RMweb Gold

Convenient for you, the Castles and Coast cycleway, it runs from Edinburgh to Tynemouth. You could finish and go on to your parents and it is supposed to be a very enjoyable route.

It's on my to do list.

If Mike really wants to cycle the Kennet and Avon canal this may be useful.

Tony

Easijet are doing well out of the French Sportsmen.

Wonderful effort both sides of the net.

I bet if two other tennis players tried to emulate that feat on purpose they couldn't do it.

Sooner or later, double faults, mis-hits etc., would claim one or the other.

Convenient for you, the Castles and Coast cycleway, it runs from Edinburgh to Tynemouth. You could finish and go on to your parents and it is supposed to be a very enjoyable route. It's on my to do list.

I'll investigate that, thanks. I was hoping for something traffic-free but that might be possible. My folks are only a couple of hundred yards off the coast to coast path from Sunderland to Whitehaven. Could always add that to the run, get the Tyne ferry across from Tynemouth to South Shields...

If Mike really wants to cycle the Kennet and Avon canal this may be useful.Tony

Eek! Thanks, but no thanks...

Easijet are doing well out of the French Sportsmen.Wonderful effort both sides of the net.I bet if two other tennis players tried to emulate that feat on purpose they couldn't do it.Sooner or later, double faults, mis-hits etc., would claim one or the other.

Last World Cup, France and Italy met in the Final. This time they're meeting in the airport departure lounge... :)

• RMweb Premium

Morning ERs (and LRs) :) ...

Think this is bound to be another hot day - the only downside to that being this durned hayfever, which also often leads into a cold for me <_< . Could be worse, though - back one day in the summer of 2007 it was so bad that only cortison helped :unsure: .

Will meet with some friends for dinner tonight.

Have a nice day all!

Goodmorning all.

It's Friday. Partly cloudy but no rain forecast.

My Italian/Greek colleague is not yet in (He may take a days mourning leave)

Well done in the 2nd ODI chaps!

Any layout plans for the weekend, anybody?

Robert, did you get any ballasting done last weekend?

I must attend to one point which is not transmitting current on one setting before Thabo comes tomorrow.

Also got to renew the brandy supply.

Morning All,

Looks like another nice morning here. I'm using my laptop today - so no sticky A, but the mobile broadband signal isn't too good and so my connection is s...l...o...w... Anyway, mustn't grumble - at least I have a connection! :lol:

No Don, unfortunately I didn't get any ballasting done - I ended up getting overtaken by events and never got around to it!

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Premium

Morning all bright and sunny again. The plan for fathers day was that I would get my baseboard painted so that is top of my list for this weekend,putting some petrol in the porsche and getting that running is another plan as is selling the personalised plate and using the funds to get it back on the road.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The local weather forecast states that there should be 99% cloud cover. Fortunately it appears to be wrong.

I try to avoid shopping on Fridays but as I've got to go to the pet shop to buy food for Robbie I've also been given a list for the nearby Tesco.

If it does cloud over I may wash the car. It would appear that black cars show the dirt more than red or blue cars!

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Another bright day, what's going on? Called in to the office for a meeting this morning, how unreasonable. How the heck am I going to get any modelling done if people expect me to go to work? Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning All, Another bright day, what's going on? Called in to the office for a meeting this morning, how unreasonable. How the heck am I going to get any modelling done if people expect me to go to work? Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

I believe most models employ agents to arrange their work, perhaps you should employ one?

Tony

I now have a slightly better connection - given that I am at the exhibition centre in Friedrichshafen. The sun is shining, and I am writing this whilst sitting outside, drinking a beer.

If it does cloud over I may wash the car. It would appear that black cars show the dirt more than red or blue cars!

This is very true - Silver seems to be the colour that you can get away without washing. However, I am rather partial to black cars - which do show the dirt much more than others. White are even worse than black. Perhaps it is something to do with black and white being tones rather than colours (Wow - Something I remember from my school art lessons!)

• RMweb Gold

I now have a slightly better connection - given that I am at the exhibition centre in Friedrichshafen. The sun is shining, and I am writing this whilst sitting outside, drinking a beer.

This is very true - Silver seems to be the colour that you can get away without washing. However, I am rather partial to black cars - which do show the dirt much more than others. White are even worse than black. Perhaps it is something to do with black and white being tones rather than colours (Wow - Something I remember from my school art lessons!)

I had a white car once and it didn't look too bad even when slightly dirty. It did however look like a publicity stunt for 101 Dalmations after getting splashed with hot tar near Trier. By the time we got home to Essex some serious cleaning had to be done to get the big black blobs off! All the used cars I was looking at recently were black or silver even though colour wasn't my main criterion, there didn't seem to be any other available even though other colours were originally offered.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

When car washing is mentioned I still use the "It's volcanic ash" ruse. I wonder how much langer I will be able to get away with it.

I think it is too sunny now to wash the car.

However I was telephoned by the service manager from the garage just after I posted to say that the part they had been waiting for was in. She said as well as fixing the part they will give the car a wash as well. I didn't know my reputation for not cleaning cars had reached as far as Chelmsford. As the car is going in next Thursday I don't see the point of cleaning it!

Tony

As the car is going in next Thursday I don't see the point of cleaning it!

Let Robbie have a romp in the passenger section and they'll vacuum the interior too!

• RMweb Gold

Let Robbie have a romp in the passenger section and they'll vacuum the interior too!

I'm under strict orders not to let Robbie make the back of the new car get in the state of the old car. He has a dog carrier (that cost a significant chunk of what I got as a trade-in for the old car!) in the back that stops damp from when he shakes himself going all over the inside of the car. However he is so hairy that it needs vacuuming even if he hasn't been near the seats. Fortunately the previous owner of the vehicle equipped it with the heavy duty rubber floormat option. The previous owner according to the registration document was a "kennels and catery". I hope it was a spelling mistake!

Tony