The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Well, there are among us misbegotten inhabitants of what I hope is an evolutionary dead end, who start fires so that when the firefighters arrive they can be pelted with stones.

Yeah, such baggerwanks have been reported in this-here country, too. Leaves me speechless every time...

Is it just Entinox Bill or are they after Ketamine and morphine or similar as well?

As well, but should be locked away.

We have an emergency button on our radios. The police treat it as their absolute priority.

Bill

• Like 1

Evening all, 

Me too - it 72f (or 22C) outside as I type.

Best, Pete.

Nearly hot enough here  to cook with!  32C   (Seems the quote thingy not working for me!)

Both a/c's in lounge diner and my bedroom going full bore!   One of  the wheel re-inventors just sent me "request to quote" ...for, wait for it ,  de-commissioning  four of the containerised  gensets  moving them, re-installing & re-commissioning - by the morning please? Now this task is going to involve a  600 tonne crane,a 250 tonne crane, four low bed trucks,  five "normal"  artics,  So I've got to arrange site visits with the contractors involved,  then negotiate their quotes,  ........this time next week if he's lucky!..... 

Trev.

It got hot enough today for our above ground floor central A/C to kick in but both systems have not been on together since early September - we don’t have them set low - some of our neighbors have the A/C set so low that they would complain of the cold if it was Winter..... bloody daft!

Our last place had individual A/C’s - I hated them as they interfered noise-wise with my music making. When I last lived in Manhattan (86th and West End Avenue) my apartment was above a Classical Pianist - she used to complain when my A/C was on! So I plugged in my Marshall....

Had to move;  my Wife wanted a Garden, I said we’re only two blocks from Central Park!

Now I have half an acre of lawn to mow....

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

Morning All,

Miserable weather here in the land of numbered bank accounts (and yes, I do have a Swiss Bank Account, it's no big deal....) and Mrs iD and I are counting the hours until her "ladyship" arrives (you will recall how aristocratic Lucy looked in the back of the car). The HM can be quite a rascal at times, so it's anyone's guess whether or not from Saturday we will have a "Dynamic Duo" or a "Terrible Two".

Glad to see Jock and Don are soldiering on. Well done, those men!

Given that, genetically, we are redundant once we have had offspring, then I personally feel that every day survived after parenthood happens is a bonus - doubly so after Grandparenthood (parenthood, thank goodness, was not for me. My Genetics professor expressed horror at the notion of me even going near the shallow end of the gene pool - but the principal stands).

I'm afraid I'm going to have to report 1216 025 to AndyY for posting salacious pictures of Italian locomotives. Does 1216 025 know what sort of deleterious effect these pictures can have on the susceptible? (i.e. me). Notwithstanding a GWR layout proceeding at geological speed, a London Underground diorama under construction and a N Gauge Furkadampfbahn in the serious planning stage, I am now drawn to possibly modelling Domodossola on the Swiss-Italian border.... CURSE YOU 1216 025!!!!

Mmmm "Toad In The Hole", much loved at Schloss iD but rarely done - due to a general lack of good Soss. I've also made "Frog and Toad In The Hole" with sausages and black pudding! Fortunately, there are no restrictions on importing suet (unlike the 1Kg total limit on meat/meat products, which limits how much I can bring back from the UK), which means various steamed suet puds are on the menu. Just the thing for this weather...

I don't want to comment on the scum that attack the emergency services, as my comments would likely get me banned... Suffice to say, there is something VERY wrong with both the law and the "justice" system when stealing a pair of sneakers during a riot is punished more harshly than assault on a human being...

Well, off to work (an "urgent" document to complete by EoB today, given to me yesterday, but which could have been given to me [with clear timelines] last week).

TGIF and remember, "let's be careful out there"

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Hope the day goes well for all of you!

Lots to do today with input to be made for our show at Leeds and also the demo area at Warley..shopping to be done..

I am (un)lucky with both my initials and my names.. Barry Oliver both are Christian and family names. Been booked into hotels as Oliver Barry as well as Barry Oliver especially in the USA for some reason.

Enjoy POETS day everyone,

Baz

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Dark but warm and dry. Not a seaweed prediction , but observations based on letting Robbie out for a run in the garden.

I'm expecting a couple of model railway packages today, which may inspire me to do more  than stare at my bits of track.

Matthew rang last night and we will be having lunch on Saturday, we said he should choose the venue.

Tony

• Like 8

Morning All,

It is another rather wet morning here - it was raining when I drove to work, and although the rain now seems to have eased off, it certainly isn't particularly inspiring weather wise.

Time for a coffee!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

There is a strong chance that there may be some sort of weather today. Whether it's good or bad  - who knows?

I have decided that we are going shopping early this morning due to the continuing car park rebuild saga at Sainsbury's. That went down really well as "someone" was expecting a lie-in this morning!

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning, dry and sunny at the moment!

If you have a spare 5 mins look at this

A new digital archive of Radio Times listings has opened up a treasure chest of TV nostalgia. So what BBC shows are people celebrating from the day they were born, asks Tom de Castella.

It is a gold mine for nostalgia buffs. The BBC's new digital archive, called Genome, lets users look at the Radio Times TV listings from any given day between 1923 and 2009. It covers just BBC output until 1991 when TV listings were deregulated and Radio Times could include ITV and Channel Four.

Not a lot on TV for me! mind you it only started at 5 with Childrens hour and ended at 10.15 with the Epilogue

Enjoy your day

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning world, early-ish for once.  I have overhauled the bathroom first though!

Some photos for Dom and iD, Domodossola.  Dumpodossola as far we were concerned, filthy station, rude Italian men, graffiti everywhere.  Beautiful setting though!

post-10195-0-24754500-1413531416.jpg

post-10195-0-00452500-1413531433.jpg

post-10195-0-71490800-1413531449.jpg

post-10195-0-26005500-1413531472_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-68979100-1413531489_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Morning, blue skies and scattered grey clouds here!

Boss has cancelled his trip to Brazil next week, so no let up! Spreadsheet king has lost himself in the detail again and not spotted a $6m missing from the overall tax charge, so he's not flavour of the week.

Younger lurker has school photo today. Elder lurker also not flavour of the month after being caught trying to help himself to extra money for sweets....!! (I know, we've all done it and we've all been caught).

Beer (Taylors Landlord) and Ham Egg and Chips in the George on Borough High Street last night - very nice

And curry tonight - I like the weekend!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I've been to Domodossala. Probably because Aditi wanted a coffee or a loo stop. She was still teaching geography then and had an interest in towns near borders. I still have the blue parking disc I bought there. We then set off for Switzerland. The Renault 5 we had hired conked out not far from the big statue commemorating the Swiss Army on the Sempione/Simplon pass. Fortunately I was able to fix the problem using my Swiss Army penknife.

Tony

• Like 11