The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Thanks John. I'll take some outdoor shots tomorrow and see. Beast, now you're asking, hang on.

Edit: it's a Casio Exilim EXZ25. I've just noticed it's supposed to be 12.1MP. I didn't realise that!

post-17811-0-43259700-1413042423.jpg

Edited by Pete 75C

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all,

Somewhat late reporting in today as the good Doctor and I have been to the Farnham show (at Aldershot) - good show as usual and a few RMweb folk honouring it with their presence including GDB from this little corner of the forum.  Definitely worth a visit especially if you are into 2mm scale with soem excellent layouts from those folk.

Returned home to find a repeat of what we discovered Sammy doing when we arrived back from the chippy yesterday evening - clearly a cat of considerable discermnment and good taste, but thank goodness we haven't got a dog trying this -

post-6859-0-24432700-1413042396_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 15

And Sherry and I have inspected Squeezybelly Alley in a well-known Cornish village!

There's a Salubrious Terrace in St Ives.

The Farnham show was very enjoyable though the parking was a bit messed up. I even found some Austrian coaches to buy.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Quick question if I may aimed at the photography gurus I know are amongst us... With a compact digital camera that only allows the user to adjust settings by basic "pictogram", if I'm after maximum depth of field, do I select "Landscape" mode? Tried taking some layout pictures this morning for my Manor Rd thread and I'm constantly disappointed with the results. There's a mode on the camera entitled "Best Shot" and it always seems to default back to that...The dead centre of each image is pin sharp and everything else out of focus. The camera's not too bad or too ancient - it's a simple 5MP Casio and for all I use it, I can't justify the expense of something better. Any advice much appreciated. Pete (camera numpty).

some cameras have an option to choose where on the image the focussing and metering are done. Perhaps yours is set for centre only. Or, perhaps the outer edges of the lens are dirty?

• RMweb Premium

Heyup!

Family gathering in Lincoln is going OK. Walked up and Down steep hill 4 times so far today. Off out for tea as their is a wedding on at the hotel tonight.

Visited one model shop, bought some beer (one from Atom brewery called camomile for her indoors and some damson porter.

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Yep Pete

Bremen taxis get worse but then I am not a fan of German car design...they all run out of ideas halfway along the car. Time somebody brought out a car with a bit of style...RR and Bentley's don't have that anymore either.....

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Returned home to find a repeat of what we discovered Sammy doing when we arrived back from the chippy yesterday evening - clearly a cat of considerable discermnment and good taste, but thank goodness we haven't got a dog trying this -

Aditi's (uncle) in California) has just got his first dog. It is a Yorkshire/Maltese Terrier (apparently a Morkie). I think it would fit into Sammy's bowl.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 2

In one ear and out the other, probably.

(but pity the poor Afghan Hound owner, the dimmest of all the dogs assessed for obedience intelligence by Stanley Coren's rating system: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs#Brightest_Dogs)

A friend had one - - absolutely and totally incapable of obeying ANY command - it could NEVER be allowed outside without being attached to a very long rope - It would immediately head for the nearest horizon at a very high rate of knots, completely ignoring any command to return!

• RMweb Gold

... It would immediately head for the nearest horizon at a very high rate of knots, completely ignoring any command to return!

I suppose that is why there don't seem to be that many around nowadays.

• RMweb Premium

Evening All

Dreadful trip into town this morning, followed by an equally dreadful trip to KIrkby Lonsdale this afternoon.

I do hope that Flavio does decide to adopt, as I think that a two-dog family is better than one, as one tends to get a little spoiled and too much attention.  We have only been a one-dog family ourselves,  but a member of our breed club does things in a much bigger way, as this image proves.  I'd love another Sussex or two, but space etc do dictate against that at present.

10451710_10152772002648210_8838935260533

Photo is copyright Kat Edge from SSA Facebook group.

I was sitting comfortably comtemplating the three pages of catch-up when 30747 decided that despite having said it was too warm for a fire, just decided that we should light one anyway, so that's what I need to do next, then Lily wants another walk and then I want to settle down with a three hour TV drama that I recorded and which will probably conflict with that dancing programme where a load of celebs who can't dance are paid a silly fee to make fools of themselves with professional dancers whose names are unpronouncable - needless to say, the latter will win. and if so, I'll be back for another mooch here.

Regards to All
Stewart

Edited by 45156
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening, still in the People's Republic of Yorkshire before heading to the Lakes tomorrow.  No trains today, shopping mostly - ugh.  Our friend is recently divorced so some compamy isn't a bad thing.  This has not been a good year for our circle, bereavement divorce and illness all around.

Looked at new mattresses, tempted by a certain make of memory foam job, HOW BLINKING MUCH I thing they are called.  Harrumph.

• RMweb Gold

Looked at new mattresses, tempted by a certain make of memory foam job, HOW BLINKING MUCH I thing they are called.  Harrumph.

Stationmaster Mike may have an opinion on memory foam. My BiL (who has bad back, legs, neck) also thought they sounded rather good. He (like Mike) couldn't cope with the olfactory effects of the one he sampled.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Evening all, Been a bitty day and I am off shopping for food soon and it's raining and Strictly is on soon and you get the idea....... Went into the small loft yesterday and found a box full of part built wagons so I will have a look through later perhaps find out why they are part built. Do what you can with the rest of the day!

ID take that dog home with you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Tony, I recall Mike's ossues with the mattress!  Our current one has  a memory foam layer over pocket springs and has been OK, but we are both finding it rather uncomfortable now - recent surgery after effects for us both. The brand we are looking at isn;t supposed to get sweaty, Pete.  Open foam technology rather than closed - allegedly!  We'll see.......

• RMweb Gold

Thanks John. I'll take some outdoor shots tomorrow and see. Beast, now you're asking, hang on.

Edit: it's a Casio Exilim EXZ25. I've just noticed it's supposed to be 12.1MP. I didn't realise that!

attachicon.gifexilim.jpg

Pete - take a look at page 64 in the manual, "selecting focus mode"

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

Like others I was at the Farnham show today and no doubt "saw" others from our corner of the internet, although that's only because they'd have been in the same room at the same time. :) 

As Mike pointed out the 2FS was well represented but the host's layout "Weydon Lane" has also come on in leaps and bounds. Pete (Trisonic) would have quite liked "8$ Canyon", I suspect. 

I think parking differed this year due to the rain which precluded the use of the back field. 

Plenty of good layouts and my neighbour, who came along with me, suggested we go round for a second look at them all after refreshments, courtesy of the Hart Lions. For anyone going to the show tomorrow - AndrewC ? - the sausage in a roll was very tasty. So, not just a "well done" to the organisers and layout owners, but also those behind the scenes, too. 

Back home now and as Strictly is on I'm heading out to the garage to make some progress on the layout.  

• Like 4