The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, No sign of any sun in these parts, full set of oktas in evidence. The only person I was scheduled to meet with today at work informed me that I shouldn't come in to the office specially so it looks like working at home then! My work computer is currently trying to apply a bunch of updates delivered from my friend Mr. Gates and others and is informing me it would like to reboot my machine but there is a program running which is preventing it from doing so. The program in question is, of course, the update program! I've been programming for 36 years but I don't think I've ever programmed any howlers of the same scale as Google's latest improvements.

Have a good one (and weekend) all.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Very cloudy here and rain is forecast, (iGoogle weather app forecasts Rain, 96% humidity, 70% cloud cover and 13C for 10am here).

As I type it has just started raining!

I've got some books (travel guides) arriving this morning and I hope the coaches I ordered last summer turn up today. They are in the post now.

I don't know what I'll do today though at some time Robbie will start hinting he would like a walk. If it continues to rain I may have to resort to dusting and vacuuming the lounge to occupy myself.

Tony

Surely you're not that desperate Tony?!

The only sunshine I saw yesterday was at 24,000 feet! Grey here in Glasgow today, not sure quite yet what I've got planned but it'll either involve taking Jamie to the shops or to an indoor soft play. Or both.

• RMweb Gold

Surely you're not that desperate Tony?!

The only sunshine I saw yesterday was at 24,000 feet! Grey here in Glasgow today, not sure quite yet what I've got planned but it'll either involve taking Jamie to the shops or to an indoor soft play. Or both.

Does Jamie like shops? Matthew was very good about going round shops when he was little but for some reason he didn't like Marks and Spencer and really hated B&Q!

I'll probably have to do the housework today as I'll be out all day on Saturday playing trains. My new coaches have arrived but I'm not sure if the club layout will totally assembled as it is being prepared for its appearance at Warley.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I didn't see the opening ceremony but Googled "World Cup Dung Beetle" for an explanation. I did watch the second half of the South Africa - Mexico match though.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Overcast this morning, but mild and so I guess it's bound to be a pleasant day after all - not supposed to be as hot as it used to be earlier this week, though.

Later :) .

• RMweb Gold
Up earlyish this morning to get ready for the long trek to DEmU showcase. Looks like it's gonna be a very nice day down here, dunno about ooop tut north.

Up north there is not a cloud in the sky.

Don't know about down south in Burton though.

• RMweb Premium

Morning ERs

Didn't get on at all yesterday as opted for a day out with the dog as her vet's appointment was cancelled and I thought she should be treated to a nice time instead, so we went to Skipton (popped into Craven Model Centre which has moved into larger premises but didn't buy anything) and stuffed my face with excellent sausage rolls from Drake and Macefield. A splendid time was had by all.

Got home to a message from work that due to a reorganisation, I would be working for a new manager from today. That'll be the eighth manager I've had in 18 months - the lass at the next desk started last October, and she has had four managers in that time.

Well - onwards (I won't say upwards).

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It looks like a pleasant start to the day here in the east. I hope everyone going to the Midlands today has good weather.

I'm only going a few miles to the north and east today as it is the monthly club meeting. Matthew will take Robbie for his walk but it probably won't involve model shops or sausage rolls.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all weather is sunny and dry here Burton should be similar it is only about 30 miles south of here. I would love to be going but £50 for a tyre yesterday put an end to that dream.

Amazing how owning a car puts paid to so many other good plans. :lol: I dread the annual service/MOT fiasco when I get a bill for about twice what I expected - due next month, and the first since I bought this car, so no idea how it will pan out.

• RMweb Gold

I may go up occasionally or down at some point today but I don't have any plans to go north, east (I would get very wet), south or west.

It's not a good day to be an Irish Rugby fan. I should keep my mouth shut really as England have yet to play.

Afternoon All,

I didn't post this morning, because I got up early, caught the train to Aschaffenburg and then cycled home. Rather a nice run of around 66km through varied terrain.

I might well post some pictures in the cycling thread later on!

45156 - I know what you mean about the MOT fiasco. Thankfully, we only have to have the test done every two years but it is amazing what ends up needing doing in the mean time. For the last one, I had to have a big service, new brake pads, new steering ball-joints, and the air-conditioning system had to be drained and refilled. It left me with the feeling of "how much?!?" :blink:

Have a good afternoon everyone!

• RMweb Premium

I didn't post this morning, because I got up early, caught the train to Aschaffenburg and then cycled home. Rather a nice run of around 66km through varied terrain.

That would have been the RB75 line, I would assume? :D

• RMweb Gold

I've had a really nice day playing trains, and then on returning home managed to cut the lawn. Dinner soon, my wife said we have to eat while watching the football.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Quiet outside, as it should be on a Sunday. Weather is reasonably friendly right now - we might have a barbecue for lunch if it holds.

I may complete a superdetailing job later on.

Have a nice day all!