The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Met my new playmate Charlie Mark last night, only 23 hours out of the oven. As you can see he's already learnt the grumpy old man look - wonder who he's got that from....?

post-6683-127616398309_thumb.jpg

Safely in Reading. There was a steamer with a long train including green mk1s in Reading station at 10.45. No idea what loco as I couldn't see from the bridge. Any idea?

Should have been 46201 Princess Elizabeth on the Cathedrals Express. Oh b*gger, wish'd I'd known, as it came through Wokingham at 10.20...

I just knew this was going to be a bad day...biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Was out of action for a couple of days due to problems with my blood sugar (too much/too little/too much/too little) due to a tummy upset. Went to my own GP and he was more concerned about the fact that I'm still taking codeine for my shoulder problem, and have been now for a year - one of the locums put it onto my repeats list with no review date for the drug, so it was only when I saw my own guy that he said I had to get it stopped over the next couple of months - I ran through some of my recent symptoms, and the conversation went like:

"I'm getting constipated" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm having trouble passing water" - "that's the codeine"

I'm getting tired very quickly" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm getting short tempered sometimes" - "than's the codeine"

"I'm getting tummy gripes" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm not getting any pain releief in my shoulder" - "that's because you've been on codeine for too long now"

In fact, he was quite annoyed that the hospital had OK'd continued use of this drug after such a long time.

As I can't take most of the anti inflammatory drugs, he's suggesting a more direct topical pain relief gel normally used for relieving arthritis. We shall see..

Other than that, day off tomorrow, then in Saturday, and only a week til my jollies in Berkshire, house sitting for family. It's a great way of getting a cheap break. Hopefully will be able to get some sort of railway related activities sorted - but will be off the air for the week, as I'm not taking the laptop with me.

Still, I'll continue the banter until I go.

• RMweb Premium

Good suggestion there - thanks - I'll check it out.

Just did, unfortunately, not open on a date to suit as we travel down on the Sunday, and back on the Saturday, and it's open weekends only - just my luck!

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon All

"I'm getting constipated" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm having trouble passing water" - "that's the codeine"

I'm getting tired very quickly" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm getting short tempered sometimes" - "than's the codeine"

"I'm getting tummy gripes" - "that's the codeine"

"I'm not getting any pain releief in my shoulder" - "that's because you've been on codeine for too long now"

Still, I'll continue the banter until I go.

I was once prescribed huge doses of codeine to try to control my intestines, ie it was prescribed for the first side effect on your list. I didn't like how I felt and came off it after discussing it with the hospital. I really did imagine furry animals running round the room for a while but it soon passed! My wife must be tolerant as she had to put up with me being tired and irritable for quite a while. Lots of steroids added to the mix didn't do a great deal for my state of temper either. All the medication worked long enough and well enough until something better was discovered.

Tony

Shame I couldn't see the loco! Definitely a shame I can't visit Pendon while I'm here either but just about to get the train back to Birmingham International.

You didn't miss anything Mike, it's normally only open at weekends. They add Wednesday opening during the school holidays. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound through Reading....cool.gif

Do you recall the layout Platform 4a and 4b from Nigel Burkin? That was based on Reading....and very well done as well.

http://nigelburkin.wordpress.com/building-platform-4a-4b/

http://www.brmodelling.co.uk/layouts/platform4a4b.asp

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

There's been another thunderstorm just around midnight yesterday, but I haven't read any reports of any damage it may have caused yet. Right now it's still overcast and raining, but the air's a lot fresher :) . Wonder how today's weather will turn out to be!

Now for some breakfast!

Cheers ;) .

Early risers, bah I finish the 4th night in a row of 12hr shifts at 07:00 have a couple of hours kip and then I'm off to Scotland chasing trains (steam preferably), beer and girls (not nescessarily in that order).

Morning all,

Dry here at the moment but 8 oktas and only 8C!

There's been another thunderstorm just around midnight yesterday,

According to this, it looks like your rain's heading along the English Channel as I write, so I'm going to have to drive through it on my delivery run shortly!(life jacket, wet suit and snorkel loaded in van!)

Good morning all.

It's Friday at last.

A bit cloudy but no rain forecast.

I thought I heard 3:00 strike and settled down for another hours + sleep and then the alarm went off. Either I had been asleep for the first strike of 4, or else I did get an extra hour and a half sleep.

Either way I am up and at work and look foreward to tomorrow's sleep in.

How are preparations for the show going Jam?

Good morning.

I could have sworn that I posted earlier but it's disappeared.

Never mind. I'm not going to repeat what I said except

How's the preparation for the show Jam?

Happy Friday all. At last.

It seems to have been a long week.

The good news is that next Wednesday is a public holiday.

Another short week.

Morning All,

Morning all the ground is dry and there is a strange light in the sky,

UFO's Mick? :lol:

No sign of a strange light in the sky here - grey as anything and chucking it down.

Interestingly enough, codeine is a controlled substance in Greece - classed the same as heroin.

Anyway - rather a busy day ahead of me today, so I'd better get on. Have a good one everybody!