The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

So what is the correct term for being a grandad twice - Grandad with Bar, sounds good.

Congratulations to the whole family Phil.

Good to read the news of PhilH's new grandchild.

I drove the car for the first time in five months :D . The fracture in my humerus is mending well, but I will need some physiotherapy.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I've just been talking to my daughter and she sounds right as rain. I had to hear all of the gory details, do women really think blokes want to know this stuff? By the time I came off the phone my eyes were watering, my backside was puckering and I felt faint. My daughter and I have always been really close and able to talk about anything but this was a bit too much information!

The really good thing was that my SiL, who is at Cranwell in Lincs. on the first stage to becoming an Apache pilot was able to get there in time for the birth, so she wasn't on her own.

• RMweb Premium

Good to hear that, Phil! :) All the best to the little one, his parents, and you, of course. One thing's for sure, he'll have a grandpa who can introduce him to a proper hobby...! B)

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Some high clouds in the sky and sunny, so it looks like a nice morning. Later today will probably see a trip to the electronics store due to Mum and Dad's printer having ceased to function properly with no readily apparent reason and all my attempts to fix it the previous few days having failed. They'd now like to obtain a different printer and return the current one.

Have a nice day all! :)

Morning All,

It is a bit on the cloudy side here this morning. It has the potential to be nice, but at the moment the weather looks like it could go either way! I'm stuck in a meeting all day, so it probably won't matter all that much - but a nice evening would be good!

Congratulations Phil!

Have a good day everyone

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Full set of oktas in evidence but leaking appears to have stopped.

Teenagers that can almost walk upright, we've got a few of them. Hope you get the hound soon.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Albert's been brave and went out onto the balcony all by himself :) ...

dsc04119s365.jpg

...while Trude was having a little snack:

dsc04125s3hp.jpg

dsc04127b3qy.jpg

Trude, however, does not seem to be quite that ready for going out yet.

dsc04134v2pl.jpg

"Huh?"

:)

Nice photos! I hope the balcony's fully escape proof!

We used to have two chipmunks, and thought our room was escape proof. Until one disappeared up the inner workings of the gas fire...

Unfortunately she got her tail caught in there and lost about an inch of fur from her tail (the the exposed part of her tail dropped off a month of two later leaving her with a shorter but otherwise normal looking tail.

• RMweb Premium

Nice photos! I hope the balcony's fully escape proof!

We did check it thoroughly, so I don't believe there might be any safety risks. It did take a lot of tie wire to secure the mesh to the railing, though!

• RMweb Gold

The friends we stayed with in Connecticut last year don't let their cats out of the house in case they get attacked by coyotes. I should imagine they would have to be careful with rabbits as well.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Yeah, I'm up quite early, but it's awfully sultry already <_< . We had a pretty fierce thunderstorm late last night - the first stage passed us to the south, but the second hit home. Still overcast as I write this, but it's supposed to be warm again, with additional thunder from the afternoon onwards.

Have a nice day all! :)

Morning all! Just getting ready to set of for the airport. Grey here, looks like a full set of oktas. Have a fun day!

I'm quite jealous of your thunderstorms Dominik, I love a good display of lightning but we rarely get it here in Edinburgh.