The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

By the time I got going on the gardening it was midday but for the most part was in shade apart from when I de-weeded the patio. When I put it down 20 years ago either I was ignorant about weed-proof water permeable membranes or they didn't exist then! As my wife was busy in her study Robbie took over the garden supervisory duties from a nice shady spot. Matthew timed the "do you need any help?" statement perfectly just as I swept up the last leaf. I didn't mind as he had been revising his exams all morning. He is currently doing the revision for philosophy and economics.

I thought I was supposed to be organising just the transport for this years holiday (every country we plan to visit has subtly different requirements for what you need in the car) but I've now been given responsibility for sorting out accommodation as well. I do like to know where I'm staying as unlike in most novels being able to just turn up at a hotel and expect to find a vacancy doesn't appear to work.

Tony

• RMweb Gold
being able to just turn up at a hotel and expect to find a vacancy doesn't appear to work.

It worked the year we went to Chernobyl.... and that was shortly after I managed to pick up a couple of late, cheap tickets for a cruise on the Posiedon.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is this early enough?:D

Certainly is! :D

Morning all - calm Sunday morning and sunny, but with some high clouds. While I am not a meteorologist, I would not rule out that these might be harbingers for the thunderstorms we may be getting later today.

And now for some coffee... ;)

Have a nice day!

Morning all biggrin.gif

Weather is a bit murky here in Lancashire but i have a feeling we are in for some thunderstorms later. Well my pagoda is packed up in the van & i'm off down to Macclesfield for a days grasstrack racing.

Anyone who wants to come along & watch is more than welcome details of the meeting below.

Wheatsheaf Farm

North rode

Congleton

Cheshire.

post-8269-127580604568_thumb.jpg

Morning All,

Looks like it is going to be another scorcher here. Blue sky, a small amount of high level cirrus, but thankfully a little bit of a breeze.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

We had very heavy rain with thunder last night.

I've just got to pop out to the shops. It would appear that we don't have any maple syrup and waffles are being served for breakfast.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon ERs

Wet and miserable here - been like it all morning, but now raining quite hard. Been (as usual) working to finish making good after the work - today's little task was to stain and wax the new living room door - we like the new colour and finish, so that means all the other downstairs doors will now need to be sanded and stained to match! Amazing how a small job gets bigger - and usually to the exclusion of a bit of layout planning :angry:

Gordon - nicw closeups of how your garden grows.

Regards

Stewart

• RMweb Gold

There was a nice blue butterfly in the garden yesterday but I couldn't really take a photograph of it as it hadn't perched on a pretty flower. It had decided to settle on something that Robbie had just left on the lawn.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

It clouded over around 18:00 and the rumbling has been going on ever since.

Likewise up here northwest of Frankfurt. It's still raining, but the thunder appears to be mostly gone for now. Forecast says something about increasing risk of new thunderstorms from about the middle of next week, though.

On another note: We rabbit-proofed the balcony with some wire netting which we attached to the guard railing last night. However, Albert and Trude still need to get used to being outside if they want! They only took a couple of careful steps around today.

• RMweb Gold

... However, Albert and Trude still need to get used to being outside if they want! They only took a couple of careful steps around today.

They are probably waiting until the weather is better.

We have had really heavy rain here this afternoon although it is still very warm. No thunder at the moment though thunderstorms are forecast for later this evening.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

They are probably waiting until the weather is better.

They were outside for a few minutes each before noon, but then headed back inside. Perhaps they did not agree with the hot weather.

We rabbit-proofed the balcony with some wire netting which we attached to the guard railing last night.

NOTHING is rabbit-proof!

BTW if anyone's got a spare thunderstorm rolling around, send it over here, please! Ain't had a drop of rain all day and it's getting oppressive!