The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

You have GOT to have that steam loco!!!!!!!!!

The first two vehicles are both interesting wagons. Go for it, though it would be a waste of the kit to use one of them for the open low sided truck. Couldn't you scratch build it?

• RMweb Gold

Too late laugh.gif

Already done it! The only wastage compared to the others is the roof and a small portion of the sides. I must say - the rake looks very nice IMO. Just the last coach to convert into the almost fully sided one. I'm certainly enjoying myself! I've test fitted a coupling to the Simplex too. As for the steam loco - I do love it too!

There is a whitemetal kit but it is both expensive and of apparently poor quality. If a completed one pops up on Ebay I might have to go for it! the real thing is now on the Talyllyn Railway.

My sister is borrowing my camera for three days so I can't take any photos. angry.gif That is unless my old camera decides to work - I'll give it a go!

• RMweb Gold

Certainly does! I'm not sure if it is that exact loco pictured in my link, but there is every possibility it could be. I've decided that I would like to actually recreate a scene from the real place. I am eyeing up one or two photos to copy...

It is a very nice locomotive though, I haven't (yet) got a 009 steam loco. (Although I think 009matt is kindly building one for me wink.gif)

Can't wait to get this project off the ground...

• RMweb Gold

Jam, if you want to see one of these in the flesh there is a sister engine just up the road at the Hollycombe Steam Collection, No1 'Caledonia'. I used to drive this many years ago!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've been in the garden this afternoon but not gardening. After the window cleaner departed I thought I'd watch cricket for a while but Sky Sports worked but lots of other channels didn't. AS the LNB was rotated in a very different position to normal from the satellite dish I'm surprised anything worked. I've turned it back to what looks right and everything seems OK now. I suspect a ladder had been responsible for the unwelcome adjustment.

Tony

As a break from the various ailments and treatments for the In Laws, we had a break today and took the feral cat to the vets for the repair of a nasty gash in her tail.

First catch the cat.

Probably barbed wire.

Jabs and stitches and a satellite dish around her neck.

"Keep her indoors!"

She is rarely indoors.

What do we do when it's time for natural functions?

Perhaps I'll start a poll.

• RMweb Gold

As a break from the various ailments and treatments for the In Laws, we had a break today and took the feral cat to the vets for the repair of a nasty gash in her tail.

First catch the cat.

What do we do when it's time for natural functions?

You need a rota. While one of you takes time off for natural functions the other person could watch the cat.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Sunny and calm outside, and for tomorrow a barbecue's on the agenda :) . The downside to the weather is that I am having a bit of hayfever - which, on the other hand, isn't as bad as in some previous years yet, though.

Have a nice day! ;)

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, looks like another nice day again. After the week I've had on call (1150+miles driven) I'm going nowhere this weekend. Guitar, PS3, run the Dapol track cleaner round the layout, in between bouts of doing absolutely nothing, eating and some beer. Bliss!

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright one again. Dog walked but coffee not yet brewed. Seems yesterdays fun and frollicks has worn everyone else out, they're all still in bed! Have a good one all.

Cheers

Dave

Morning All,

It is a lovely morning here - I think a bike ride is in order. I have to take the Mini into the garage (she's thrown a gearbox bearing) and so I will cycle back with the little guy. There is a bit of a breeze - but I still think the temperatures will hit around 30°C later on.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

Very nice morning here and it is forecast to be about 24C later. All I've done so far today is make tea and put the washing on the line. I suspect more domestic tasks will appear throughout the day.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Just about 21° right now, but as Robert said, it's likely to be very warm today. I still remember the summer of 2003 when we came quite close to 40°, though! :mellow:

I also just remembered how there was a place in Iran where a satellite measured almost 71° back in 2007. That must have been awful indeed!

• RMweb Gold

I can remember how hot it was in 2003. I can remember reading a headline in a French local newspaper "Millions of Chickens Die" and further down in the article that it also mentioned that elderly people in Paris had also died.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Abruptly woken up this morning by a 3 yr old staying over this weekend. Babysat here till 1 in the morning and as you can guess I'm not very well awake! On the plus side, I've completely finished my rake of wagons which do look the part. What will today bring in store?...