The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

woohoo.. TMS on the radio, some modelling achieved, lawn mowed,pictures of more stock for sale taken, parcels for lucky Ebay winners packed and ... its sunny for cricket umpiring tonight..... Yippeeeeddooooo!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

The postman has just attempted to deliver a free copy of a certain "paper" - I opened the recycle bin lid to make it easier for him

Is that the one with a 3 letter name beginning with S and ending with N?

• RMweb Gold

On Monday, I 'phoned an estate agent to book a viewing of a retirement apartment and he asked if it was for my parents. When I said, "No, it's for me!", he was most apologetic.

I didn't mind at all!!

Remarkably proficient liars, estate agents. :P

Buggrit. Halfway through cutting the waist high grass the head came off the brushcutter and the retaining nut departed for parts unknown.

Fab neighbour Claude came and helped, but it looks like a new brushcutter may be on the agenda - it's never really been powerful enough for long, dry grass. Claude made tutting noises when he looked at it...

But the new lawnmower stepped up to the plate well, except for cutting out at one point. It was ten minutes of trying to start it before I realised the plug lead had come off.

And you wonder why my avatar is a chimp. It's just one long tea party here. Where's the rosé?

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

This could be a variety of things but it's frequently down to a driver / hardware issue. Can you remind me of the make and model of your netbook please ?

Ensure all updates are applied.

Can you run the netbook at home without the network - i.e turn off the wireless temporarily - and see if it is stable as suspected ?

The netbook is a Packard Bell one, but unsure of model type I will have to check the box. I feel a bit more relaxed as last night, whilst looking for the receipt, I found that I had signed up for their repair service so at least I have that security. The computer in question dutifully worked for a couple of hours without a hint of trouble at school today so I think I can safely say the problem is something to do with the computer's ability to connect to the network or our network itself. I will aim to get the photo book completed and then contact the repair service for their opinion.

A lovely hot sunny day here and I have got the street talking after the sight of a police patrol car sat on our front for an hour. Yes the officer turned up, on time, and took the statement. He even revealed that the money was taken by a partner of a member of Asda staff although he does not have a name yet. I am still amazed at the effort they are putting into such a small amount of money that, to be fair, was lost by my own carelessness.

I spoke to the sales woman at the building site today about the surprise turf arrival. Her response was "Someone has made a mistake" and "I won't say anything if you don't". Result!!!

• Like 6

Evenin all,  

Wheel re-inventors out in force today!  Grrrrrrrr!  

Never mind they'd realised the error of their ways by this evening.....so thats my evening of modelling shafted! 

Anyway here's tonights  "blast from the past". 

Trev

post-4282-0-64737600-1402599215.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

We didn't get a copy of The Sun today.

Think I'll complain and demand that Rupert Murdoch deliver it personally.

So that I can be out.

We didn't get one either but if we do I will engage in an act of civil disobedience by sending it back to the well publicised Freepost address. In the recent elections one party said they wanted to build a wall round the country. They got sent a lot of bricks and tiles to their Freepost address (before they withdrew it!)

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

evening orl.

Funeral arranged, week Friday.  Directors told error of their ways, it would appear they aren't used to dealing with women who know their own minds.  'We've booked Thursday, Mrs 'X' - 'then you had better un-book it, I want Friday'!!!!!  That's our Jayne, go girl go! 

Doing more running around with her tomorrow, she wants to call into her work  (Attorney General's Chambers) in Douglas to thank her colleagues for what looks like a whole meadow of flowers that have arrived.  I don't think it's a good idea for her to drive afterwards.

Modelling pottered on with for an hour or two this morning, but it wasn't work for me unfortunately, but the grass didn't get cut.  Despite the glorious day the lawn remains too damp to mow.

Treated ourselves to chish & fips for supper, that helped!

• RMweb Premium

Neil, I suppose it's a good thing to take some time for yourself in order to keep your balance at a difficult time like this. It has certainly been for me after MiL had suddenly passed away last year - due to a ruptured pulmonary artery caused by cancer, imagining which still gives me the shivers...

Hope you're holding up as well as you can and thinking of you all.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dom.  Yeah, the weekend is going to be for Debs and I to have some 'us time' hopefully, hope the weather holds.  Jayne has her mum by her side now, but as she is elderly we can't expect her to be driving around a strange area but she is providing the shoulder Jayne needs to lean on at home.

As for your MiL, I lost a friend to something simillar - at 37.....doesn't bear thinking about.

• RMweb Gold

Saw plenty of the real sun today and had a lovely walk from Kings Lynn to Narborough on the Nar Valley way. Over the next week I am planning to walk from Kings Lynn to Norwich. Narborough to Litcham tomorrow and on to Derham on Saturday, hopefully to include a ride on the Mid Norfolk behind steam

Some highlights appropriate to this community:

A couple of old rail bridges on the outskirts of Kings Lynn

post-12721-0-61290100-1402611522_thumb.jpg

post-12721-0-51688200-1402611531_thumb.jpg

An EMU on its way to London

post-12721-0-25360400-1402611540_thumb.jpg

A bird of prey (not the best technical pics but its the first time I've caught a whole kill in the wild)

post-12721-0-82486100-1402611542.jpg

post-12721-0-24932800-1402611544.jpg

post-12721-0-55787800-1402611550_thumb.jpg

post-12721-0-51283000-1402611552.jpg

And at Narborough, the water wheel for an old Bone Mill ad the remains of a bridge that carried the Kings Lynn to Dereham line over the Nar

post-12721-0-30151400-1402611569_thumb.jpg

post-12721-0-46127700-1402611560_thumb.jpg

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 18

Evening all, Friday 13th tomorrow and a full moon - perhaps those of a superstitious nature would be better off staying in bed!

Nasty task again today Neil, but once again you and Debs proved to be true friends! Glad to hear some reinforcement has arrived and think its a great idea to spend some time on each other over the weekend.

The Aditi debacle looks like it may yet take another turn from what Tony posted earlier - hope we get an update soon.

Tough job watching the cricket Bill, assuming you weren't called upon by too many sun-stroke sufferers, and England started pretty well which is a bonus. Barry O obviously enjoys his umpiring even though it is sometimes a thankless though necessary job - much more fun with weather like today's!

Much needed beauty sleep calls as the night-cap glass is now empty, have a good day tomorrow, whatever you're doing.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

The Aditi debacle looks like it may yet take another turn from what Tony posted earlier - hope we get an update soon.

This afternoon she received a phonecall from HR to discuss her health record as they understood she was concerned about the procedure. She said she wasn't prepared to discuss it on the phone and went to see them. They tried to say that they had taken her health conditions into account and she perplexed them by asking how as all they kept quoting was number of days over an 18 month period. She then told them they hadn't followed their own procedures (no return to work interview), She told them she was so confident that she was right and that they had no valid medical grounds for dismissal so would take them to a tribunal. A more senior HR person will attempt to see her tomorrow. Aditi said OK as long as her "advisor" can be there.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 3