The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

On to the Mondane (get it, huh, huh...), starting the week at 14 and rain here, overcast and light rain all day is the prediction - the weathermen crystal ball working overtime.

On the "vet" front, Bob has his annual rabies shot and physical at noon o'thirty, so he'll not be a happy camper, and the vet will likley be unimpressed either :O Bob only likes one thing less than vets and that's vets prodding him :butcher:

Nowt else to report, so I'll get back to work - enjoy your Monday everyone. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I've just listened to Matthew having a rant over the phone (Mummy wasn't available!) about grammar teaching in schools! Only 21 and already a grumpy old man! This came about as he is teaching himself Spanish to avoid boredom waiting for exam results. 

It must be vet day for pets. Robbie will be having his kennel cough treatment at 4pm. I think he may be suspicious already as he has been really tidied up. He likes the vets and doesn't fuss unless it is kennel cough (nostril application) or having his temperature taken.

He likes the vets and doesn't fuss unless it is kennel cough (nostril application) or having his temperature taken.

:jester:  It`s the vet`s 'innuendo' he doesn`t like, then? :rolleyes:

Edited by Debs.

• RMweb Gold

Robbie and I have returned from the vets. I ended up as an entry in the accident and injury book! Everything went well until the syringe (no needle) approached Robbie's nose. The vet hadn't wanted to muzzle Robbie in case he got stressed and he managed to nip my finger. Now thanks to various medication I bleed rather spectacularly even from a wound that didn't even hurt. Anyway after the finger was smothered in cotton wool and alcohol, Robbie was muzzled and the treatment squirted up his nose. He was really good then. Before the incident the vet had commented on what nice teeth Robbie had!

Very late on ERs today due to lots of work after holiday.  I must add my congratulations to Ian & Sherry - I hope that life together brings everything you want.

Last week I mentioned 30 Ferraris parked at the hotel near where we were staying at Loch Lomond.  Pictures now downloaded from camera and two uploaded - spot the odd one out!

post-9029-0-94463200-1402332122_thumb.jpg

post-9029-0-02259200-1402332135_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Congrats to Ian And Sherry, I hadn't quite expected that.

Don

Thanks, Don. As I indicated earlier, neither had we, at least in the public domain!

That chap Murphy - you know, the one with the law - knew a thing or two. So today my celebration is somewhat compromised by going down with some sort of dreaded lurgi! I am knocking back Lemsip, drinking lots of water, and of course survival is likely. Meanwhile yet another thunderstorm is rolling around outside. Flaming June? Yeah, right!

• RMweb Gold

Last week I mentioned 30 Ferraris parked at the hotel near where we were staying at Loch Lomond.  Pictures now downloaded from camera and two uploaded - spot the odd one out!

Is it the red one?

• RMweb Premium

Evening all. Searingly hot in Leipzig and tomorrow won't be any different, according to the forecast...

Ian - that sure was surprising news! But, I'm tremendously happy for you both and wish you the very best for the future.

Off out for dinner tonight, with my boss and my (hopefully) replacement at work.  If this goes to plan, he will be recruited, we will have a good handover period, and I will then retire happily.  This will allow me to spend more time on really useful things like building my own layout, doing some real modelling, and possibly even some volunteering on the 'Ratty'!  Planned retirement is about February with luck.

• Like 4

Evening All,

Mrs iD is back from the holiday hovel, where she and Schotty enjoyed cool temperatures and glorious sunshine. She brought some pictures to share

The Holiday HovelTM is down there in the valley

post-123-0-12479900-1402338000.jpg

The HH is convenient to the local station Oberwald (a 5 minute walk away) and is on the Furka Oberalp Bahn and the station is, literally, just before the Furka Base Tunnel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furka_Base_Tunnel), One of the local trains...

post-123-0-94726800-1402338258.jpg

Finally, for the dog lovers amongst us, some Schotty snaps, including one of him at a much loved activity - rolling around in the snow (there is still a little snow around at higher altitudes)

post-123-0-01291000-1402338340.jpg post-123-0-78404300-1402338354.jpg

post-123-0-10034900-1402338365.jpg post-123-0-66699700-1402338375.jpg

The "deag dog" pose was - Mrs iD assures me - taken upon return from a 5 hour mountain pass hike!

Have a great week

iD

• Like 15

I've just received a scamspam headed:

"Your Ammazon Order No: 1P5629"

Or Ammazone?? :) Is that the new Amazon/Modelzone affiliate?  :jester:

I'll see your Ammazon and raise you 2 x "ATTTENTION!! NOTIFICATION MILLION OF PAYMENT VIA ATM CARD!!" and a "Hello Dear  Your Message"

The last one really was amazing, I've never seen such a jumbled collection of English words "in no particular or decipherable order" in my life!! :butcher:  :hunter:

Returning to veterinary reports, we're back from ours, and Bob received his new Rabies certificate, BUT, attempted to provide a death certificate for the tech. assistant in the process <sigh> :O

In fairness, he did hiss and growl (he's a CAT remember) several times before launching himself at the assistant - both are unscathed, but the tech. assistant may need a change of underwear! Bob was declared in excellent health - for a fully grown panther, after that.

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 1

I'll see your Ammazon and raise you 2 x "ATTTENTION!! NOTIFICATION MILLION OF PAYMENT VIA ATM CARD!!" and a "Hello Dear  Your Message"

The last one really was amazing, I've never seen such a jumbled collection of English words "in no particular or decipherable order" in my life!! :butcher:  :hunter:

I can send you some of the essays I have to mark - you may want to change your mind.