The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't at the exhibition for very long but enjoyed seeing some shunting. The exhibition was in aid of the church restoration fund.

I have had to tidy up downstairs as a neighbour will be visiting while we are out to let Robbie have a run in the garden.

Tony

• Like 3

Correction of the above post ref. Michael Dunlop - don't know how I can mistake 'Honda' for 'BMW' but I did and Michael has just won the first Superbike race on his BMW, breaking the lap record twice on his way to victory! The new lap record is held by Bruce Anstey from NZ but I await confirmation!

Regards and apologies for earlier mis-information,

Jock.

Confirmed, the record now stands at 132.298MPH on those roads - Awsome!!

Edited by Jock67B

27 Here sunny, but expecting thunderstorms much of the weekend and up to 2+ inches of rain!! Localized flood warnings in effect for the creek near us...

Off to the cabin until Sunday evening - have a great weekend all you ERs

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon all - lawn duly mown, nice and dry.  Much of the other 'grassland' also mown but some left as it was extremely wet in places - so as a consolation prize a few boughs were cut off the smaller of the hazel trees which is, again, going way out of shape.  Self, duly knackered but revived by a decent drop of tea.

And it still hasn't rained ... yet.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Back home now. Had a lovely afternoon being entertained by Maya (aged 22 months). She hasn't said much until now but is chattering away now and increasing her vocabulary at quite a rate. I ate too much at lunchtime so  I may not need to eat again for a while!

Tony

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure that Uncle Tony will ensure that her vocabulary expands in an appropriate direction.....

train....

railway......

station....

scenery

DCC......

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure that Uncle Tony will ensure that her vocabulary expands in an appropriate direction.....

train....

railway......

station....

scenery

DCC......

I will be getting Thomas and Percy out of storage, fitting decoders and entertaining Maya on her next visit here. Her Dad and Grandfather like real trains but when I suggested a train set Rajan (Maya's Dad) said "she's a girl!" Fortunately Emma (Maya's Mum) replied that girls can have trains too!

• Like 2

Just back from Lord's. Very exiting day, and not just the cricket, but now I'm completely bushed out. And there are three days of Test Cricket next month.

Just poured a beer (can't drink on duty) so down it then bed.

Bill

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

I will be getting Thomas and Percy out of storage, fitting decoders and entertaining Maya on her next visit here. Her Dad and Grandfather like real trains but when I suggested a train set Rajan (Maya's Dad) said "she's a girl!" Fortunately Emma (Maya's Mum) replied that girls can have trains too!

Most definitely.   Absolutely essential.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Polly

I am beginning to seriously worry about myself! It is only three weeks since I managed to walk away from a cash machine without taking the £50. Today I went into Asda to get cash back, buying a comic for my daughter at the same time, and managed to walk away from the self service till without taking the £30 cash back. I realised the moment I stepped out of the shop and rushed back but, of course, the money wasn't there. I must be losing my marbles!!!

Today a friendly shop assistant saw my panic and brought over the security guard. On checking the CCTV footage he said he had a good image of somebody taking the money. He suggested I contacted the police. I was not sure about that, after all it was my fault. I have since received three calls from the security guard checking to see if I have reported the incident so it seems they are keen to progress the incident. Whatever the outcome I am beginning to worry about my sanity!

The day started with a trip to the DEMU show at Burton with Amber in tow. It was quite enjoyable although quite busy. I would say that it is a bit expensive at £8.00 admission especially as the Town Hall is a pay and display car park.

The rest of the day has been spent packing more plastic boxes and sorting more things out. 3 weeks to go until the planned move!

• RMweb Gold

But not both?

An example of EOR (the exclusive logical OR) is being used by Sidecar Racer. Your observations of the weather tonight will enable you to say whether the non exclusive OR would have been applicable. 

• RMweb Gold

Following the call from the security guard this evening I have reported it. Still feel totally stupid though!

You have a lot on your mind now with the house move, damp, SATs and more. Now I don't have any excuse for my daftness. Yesterday I was almost at the park when I realised that I had left the dog at home, at which point I realised that I didn't have the dog as I was going shopping (opposite direction) and shouldn't be heading to the park.

• Like 2

Of course girls can have train sets,  in the early day of the club I belonged to we got an invite to take a layout to an exhibition in Bath. (with about 4 weeks notice IIRC)

Well the only layout we had was the 00 Midland Railway Branch terminus I was building with my  4 year old daughter. With help of the other club members it was dully finished & exhibited....I think Jo got her picture taken with it by the local paper.  

(That by the way was the only 00 layout I've ever built, all the others have been NG) 

Be good, 

Trev

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

You have a lot on your mind now with the house move, damp, SATs and more. Now I don't have any excuse for my daftness. Yesterday I was almost at the park when I realised that I had left the dog at home, at which point I realised that I didn't have the dog as I was going shopping (opposite direction) and shouldn't be heading to the park.

Except age. :senile:

• RMweb Premium

I wasn't at the exhibition for very long but enjoyed seeing some shunting. The exhibition was in aid of the church restoration fund.

I have had to tidy up downstairs as a neighbour will be visiting while we are out to let Robbie have a run in the garden.

Tony

I probably missed you then, I only stayed for less than an hour. For such a small exhibition though there were some very good layouts.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening from a rather sunburned NHN.  I'm normally very careful, maybe the lotion has gone off or something as I put plenty on.

Anyway, cracking days racing as reported by Jock, although a manoeuvre undertaken By M Dunlop in front of us was very dubious - in another race series he would have had a Stewards enquiry.  He needs to show respect for riders he is overtaking, there's no run-off kitty litter here, it's walls and trees.  Don't like the way the lad rides.  So, for us it was sweet that Burce Anstey took the lap record back from him, oh and how!  132.2, oh yeah.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Except age. :senile:

I am clearly failing in my attempt to be grumpy. Aditi and a brother-in-law were clearly having a conversation about me as we were leaving. I asked Aditi what it was about and she said that BiL wanted to know how I remained so cheerful!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

after one and a half hours getting to Driffield and a 7hr 10 minute game plus another hour and a quarter return journey i am no wa bit tired... but once I had a ham and pease pudding sandwich the world was a much better place.

Game in doubt for tomorrow but .... could be a quick trip to Sheffield followed by a long game then... home for a beer!

Have  a good Sunday everyone!

• Like 1