The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Not quite as bad as pouring the water into the teabag caddy!

Haven't done that yet, the teapot is round and chromium plated, the caddy is square and is decorated with 'Chinese' paintings, but given time... :snooks:

Me neither, the sugar bowl, yes!  But my latest trick was to drop the teapot in the sink last week....glass everywhere.

Up comes the boss - "I bought two,"  says he, looking in the cupboard. "Ah. Here it is!"  A bit smaller so only "tea for two" but that's all we need these days.

Anyway, I'm back from the dentist minus one tooth - split right down the middle. Shame they cant bodge teeth back together like we do with our models.  Ah well. Feet up in front of the telly.

Better luck with your day.

Polly

Let's all go round to PhilJ W's and paint Chinese things on his teapot.

I wish you'd suggested this earlier, I wouldn't have eaten all my stir fry (which surprisingly enough was much improved by the presence of stuffing crumbs)

I think i’d still prefer the AC.........have you seen what they are going for over here? Ridiculous.

I thought the caption read: BMWi8 -/ ROLF HARRIS ON CARS.........................................hang your didjeridoo up, sport.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Our tea caddy is square and of flexible plastic construction ... tea pot varies from brown glaze to white glaze to stainless steel but on occasion the tea bags from the tea caddy have missed the tea pot from about 2 feet above the pot.... and last week her indoors managed to double load (4 instead of 2) tea bags in pot... I know she likes "builders strength" but that was just too strong...

Baz - I’m the only one that drinks real tea in my house - I don’t count Chamomile (who wants to drink daisies?) or something called Tazio Chai (it’s got black pepper in it)....

So my tea pot is an old “Fender” coffee mug........................the tea is Tetley’s.

Mike, it’s going to be 90f today but tomorrow it cools off to 75f.

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

We would have been on holiday in Devon this week but this is the week that Aditi was told she could have off as part of her leave but then had the decision overturned after we had paid the deposit. If the "essential"  training doesn't take place on Friday I suspect she may be annoyed. It may not take place as many of the people who Aditi is supposed now to be training seem to be on holiday that day. 

Tony

• RMweb Gold

That's appalling Tony.

Aditi has just arrived home. Wednesday's training has just been cancelled as someone forgot to invite the trainees! I think she has gone beyond thinking any Victor Meldrew remarks now.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Aditi has just arrived home. Wednesday's training has just been cancelled as someone forgot to invite the trainees! I think she has gone beyond thinking any Victor Meldrew remarks now.

Tony

If I worked in an organisation where I was managed by a bunch of self centred, mindless & thoughless 'merchant bankers' I would be looking at my future plans with some care.  And if retirement was among my options I wouldn't bother to hang about - I'd simply advise them of my intention to retire on the shortest allowable timescale my contract provided for (and make sure I either got or was paid for my outstanding leave).

• RMweb Gold

I have just finished doing the hoovering.

By painstaking and careful manipulation of the hoover I managed to leave the carpet looking like a pristine Wembley complete with the stripes.

Mrs BoD did not seem to be impressed in the slightest.

Women.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

If I worked in an organisation where I was managed by a bunch of self centred, mindless & thoughless 'merchant bankers' I would be looking at my future plans with some care.  And if retirement was among my options I wouldn't bother to hang about - I'd simply advise them of my intention to retire on the shortest allowable timescale my contract provided for (and make sure I either got or was paid for my outstanding leave).

I think Aditi has some sympathy for the person who made tomorrow's mistake. He is one of the "good guys" (usually) and has been very busy having to front all the meetings / no notice inspections that have arisen due the exam irregularities identified in the national press earlier this year. It won't stop her being "cross" if Friday's stuff is cancelled! Inspection staff like Aditi have been told they will have to teach 4 hours a week next year. All lecturers will also have to teach more hours a week too. Aditi thinks her 4 hours will either be on the cert-ed or degree courses though with the level of competence (in my opinion) I wouldn't be surprised if she had to teach HNC hairdressing!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I have just finished doing the hoovering.

By painstaking and careful manipulation of the hoover I managed to leave the carpet looking like a pristine Wembley complete with the stripes.

Mrs BoD did not seem to be impressed in the slightest.

Women.

The turbo brush on our cleaner started squeaking and rattling so this afternoon I took it to bits (transferable skill - removing plastic loco bodies!) cleaned it, reassembled it and checked the lack of squeak.  Aditi seemed pleased.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

The turbo brush on our cleaner started squeaking and rattling so this afternoon I took it to bits (transferable skill - removing plastic loco bodies!) cleaned it, reassembled it and checked the lack of squeak.  Aditi seemed pleased.

Whenever I mend the hoover a certain law rears it's ugly head.  Hoovers always seem to need both a flat head and a cross head screwdriver.  I mend the hoover on the floor with it on a piece of newspaper (To keep SWMBO happy) and don't move.  However I can never find the other screwdriver when I need it, it can be either the cross head or the flat head but The other one always dissappears.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Latest electricity bill has arrived from No power.... Baz and her indoors flummoxed by them reversing 3 bills so that we are now £850 in credit.... must be something I said....disorganised chaos.. complaints line in Peter Lee (the place not to be.....its an old north eastern joke) but they had gone home by the time I recovered from the shock...

Time for Aditi to take parachute, strap on , jump out and pull chord!  

Pete said ..."So my tea pot is an old “Fender” coffee mug........................the tea is Tetley’s.".. so is ours but you can get 

http://www.makemineabuilders.com/

and I like Yorkshire Tea as its from a Harrogate  company .. but Tetleys is cheaper at the mo!

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Whenever I mend the hoover a certain law rears it's ugly head.  Hoovers always seem to need both a flat head and a cross head screwdriver.  I mend the hoover on the floor with it on a piece of newspaper (To keep SWMBO happy) and don't move.  However I can never find the other screwdriver when I need it, it can be either the cross head or the flat head but The other one always dissappears.

Jamie

One screwdriver seems to do everything on our vacuum. It is a Torx type though, and what is more unlikely I even knew where the appropriate tool was.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

and I like Yorkshire Tea as its from a Harrogate  company .. but Tetleys is cheaper at the mo!

I like PG Tips (and it is half price in the Co-op now!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I like PG Tips (and it is half price in the Co-op now!)

if you buy the mega pack of Yorkshire Tea it is cheaper than the main brands in More reasons... but even we can't drink that much tea....

• RMweb Gold

I think Aditi has some sympathy for the person who made tomorrow's mistake. He is one of the "good guys" (usually) and has been very busy having to front all the meetings / no notice inspections that have arisen due the exam irregularities identified in the national press earlier this year. It won't stop her being "cross" if Friday's stuff is cancelled! Inspection staff like Aditi have been told they will have to teach 4 hours a week next year. All lecturers will also have to teach more hours a week too. Aditi thinks her 4 hours will either be on the cert-ed or degree courses though with the level of competence (in my opinion) I wouldn't be surprised if she had to teach HNC hairdressing!

Tony

There are no good guys in today's dog-eat-dog culture. Aditi should be in there first thing tomorrow, kicking someone's door down and then doing the same to someone's soft bits. And then resign on the spot, preferably after setting off the fire alarm. These clowns deserve nothing, and those left by Aditi walking out might realise they had also better get the bosses to wise up or die.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

if you buy the mega pack of Yorkshire Tea it is cheaper than the main brands in More reasons... but even we can't drink that much tea....

I think my Grandmother's (Mother's mother) must have been responsible for tea company profits. They had a tea urn rather than a tea pot and just chucked tea milk sugar into the water. It was horrible. The family were all in various building trades. My parents had a tea pot but Mum always put the metal teapot "on the gas" for a couple of minutes.

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  Jock and Mick- it may know how to rain here, but we find the weather kinder than in the North-east that we left behind!

Since it appears most of you have had miserable weather today, this is what we had yesterday and today:

post-10195-0-12026200-1401223683_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-95692600-1401223706_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-89160100-1401223734_thumb.jpg

post-10195-0-22848400-1401223754_thumb.jpg

we spent a while at the grandstand on the start line this evening for practice, fastest solo we saw was 179 mph, and this is not the fastest part of the circuit...

• Like 12