The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all, beautiful day at my holiday home in west Durham! ;)

Got rather sunburnt on Thursday during our visit to the grasslands. Will post pics of the flying sheep on Monday. Today may involve a quick trip to Durham Trains of Stanley...

• RMweb Gold

I'm back from my trip to Leytonstone. Very enjoyable day. I saw Borchester and was able to look at it much more closely than I could at Ally Palace. I even got to look after the NMRA stand for a while (Andew C had a photographic mission) though fortunately nobody asked me anything about North American trains as I'm barely past the that's a big red diesel and that's a yellow diesel stage. I managed to have a spaniel conversation with Colin and a conversation with Lloyd (Baby Deltic) about plantlife (I'd just purchased some pretty HO scale flowers for window boxes on the Austrian layout).

I think I know why Network Rail have a specific instruction for 60019. If it did cause a fire once would it be a case of "once Bittern, twice shy"?

• RMweb Premium

I'm back from my trip to Leytonstone. Very enjoyable day. I saw Borchester and was able to look at it much more closely than I could at Ally Palace. I even got to look after the NMRA stand for a while (Andew C had a photographic mission) though fortunately nobody asked me anything about North American trains as I'm barely past the that's a big red diesel and that's a yellow diesel stage. I managed to have a spaniel conversation with Colin and a conversation with Lloyd (Baby Deltic) about plantlife (I'd just purchased some pretty HO scale flowers for window boxes on the Austrian layout).

I think I know why Network Rail have a specific instruction for 60019. If it did cause a fire once would it be a case of "once Bittern, twice shy"?

Glad you had a grand day out - I was stuck behind a desk with a headset on, but I managed to wangle a bit of an early finish, so have just got home, having a quick bath, some tea, and a rapid turnround to get to somewhere on the WCML to see the Duchess coming South - due Carnforth at 18.09.

Can we work the fire/loco puns to include Bittern and 48151, I wonder - I haven't got the time now - bye

It's ironic really - in steam days lineside fires were considered to be a means of controlling vegetation, hence not so many leaves on the line!

It's them elves preaching elvan safety again, no doubt.

Up in the Welsh Highlands last weekend, there was plenty of evidence of lineside combustion!

BTW, Phil, if you're at a loose end and in Medstead station, pop over to 4 Marks Village Hall and see some smaller trains!! Open 10:00 - 16:00! (Open to all, of course!)

Wish I could have headed out to the WCML this afternoon!

I've been stuck in the kitchen all afternoon baking for tomorrow's coffee morning. However, given the temperatures we have had outside today, this is somewhat akin to being on the footplate!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Calm and sunny up here today. We'll be visiting the zoo later today and also have an invitation for dinner - should be nice :) .

Wish you all a nice day!

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Looks like another warm day in the offing.

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to your coffee morning Robert - but I will support you by having a coffee and a cake at some point.

Morning All,

Looks like quite a nice morning here. Blue sky, and I think it will be warm later on.

Enjoy your coffee and cake BoD! :lol:

Have a good day everyone!

Morning all,

Zero oktas coupled with 14C already - should be a good day here too!

Certainly too good to be stuck indoors at a model railway show, but, hey, these sacrifices must be made in the name of pleasure!

Village Hall, Lymington Bottom, Four Marks, Hampshire (just off the A31), 10:00 - 16:00, not far from the Mid Hants station. Lynnbottom, East Hants Light Railway and Calshot in attendance!

• RMweb Gold
Village Hall, Lymington Bottom, Four Marks, Hampshire (just off the A31), 10:00 - 16:00,

I don't think I'll make that either, but for the sake of fairness I will have a second coffee and cake to support you too.

Morning boys....Had a great day out yesterday on The Royal Wessex. Double headed by a Black 5 and a King Arthur, we happily pufffed through the beautiful English countryside down to Weymouth. The harbour looked positively Mediterranean and a good lunch was enjoyed by us all.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/15617-great-day-on-the-royal-wessex/

Lovely day here again today. Seems jet washing the patio may be on the list of jobs...

Morning all, lovely sunny day here. Woken by Mum and Dad's two dogs defending their territory vociferously as a grey squirrel had the temerity to cross their lawn.

Won't be able to make either the coffee morning or the show (little bit too far to travel) but I'll have a cup of tea instead and possibly a bacon roll. Heading down to Chester-le-Street after lunch to watch Durham Dynamos vs Leicestershire Foxes in the Pro 40 cricket. It's been ages since I went to a Durham game so I'm looking forward to it.

• RMweb Gold

It is still just about morning here. I'm just off to take Robbie for a walk. He has been ready since about 6.30am. Hope the tea and cake goes well Robert and I hope Dominik's dinner at the zoo does as well. I don't think there are any cakes here today.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

I'm just having a little break from the sun. I cut the grass this afternoon while Robbie sat under a tree and watched. Aditi and Matthew are both studying today. Matthew has an AS (Philosophy) resit on Tuesday and I think my wife has now been given a "you must complete by July" deadline. I cheered them up by saying it will rain here tomorrow.

Must go. I've just been reminded that I am cooking the dinner tonight

Tony

Evening All,

I'm in a pretty good mood this evening - I've thrashed a few things out in my mind today, and feel better for it.

The coffee morning went very well - all cakes, muffins and sausage rolls were eaten and comments were positive.

Hope Don is doing OK.

I'll second that - it's not the same around here without Don!

• RMweb Gold

A nice hot day today - just right for driving 34007. Not. Supposed to be just a relief turn but Wadebridge got through 4 crew members today so had to do a lot more driving than I bargained for. It is not nice on the footplate of any enclosed cab loco in this weather, and 34007 is one of the worst. We had major problems with the thing today as well, so all in all it was, um, interesting.

Asked about 60019 not being allowed out to play, seems the thing had a plate come adrift in the spark arrester in the smokebox so has been throwing sparks.

• RMweb Premium

Evening All, Been slogging over a hot barbie and a cold beer today so this is the first opportunity I've had to post. Phil, Wadebridge must have taken umbridge after dragging a train full of drunken oiks up and down the MidHants yesterday. Very pleasant evening it was to for admiring steamy locos and quaffing ale.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Gold
I'll second that - it's not the same around here without Don!

In the other thread it was suggested that he may be back by Monday - here's hoping.