The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Just reeling from a nice surprise! A recent RMwebber & ER member has PM'ed me to say he knew Deb in another virtual place. What a small world!

At a time when I am making the most of an existing relationship, with intent to make more of it, it is simply lovely to find a Deb connection like this. Our 39 years together can never be erased, and I do enjoy thinking of her impact on others. A great start to my day.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

photo-thumb-4295.jpg?_r=1399552145

Nope; far too serious, even a quizzical look if I may say.

My photographer spotted this before I did, has offered to return to have another try. I may just have to accept.....

I thought it was Bill Oddie myself.

attachicon.gifbill.gif

If I knew as much about "birds" as Bill Oddie I'd be able to pull right, left and centre!

Oh - and Happy Birthday Smiffy. 65 is bearable, after a fashion, I find. Perhaps for you I should be signing myself as Cooperlola2!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Blustery and raining here. 

I have no plans for the day. Aditi did think about taking me and MiL to Stratford (Westfield) for shopping and lunch but sanity has prevailed. 

Happy Birthday Smiffy.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Sunny outside, slept fairly well. Just sat here correcting some homework and it looks like I'll have to have two students for a serious word next week...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A bit blustery and damp with more showers to come and the occasional brighter interval.

Many happy returns Smiffy and welcome to the  "club".

Slight headache this morning after last night's meal. I couldn't possibly have had too much to drink - could I?

Nothing much planned today but breakfast has just been offered so that'll do to start with.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 2

Morning all, earlier on parade today thanks to impending lunch visit, dog duties done etc. Ian (Hargrave), your post yesterday ref. George Frederick made me quite jealous and so whilst Nursie daughter and SWMBO swilled wine and watched the said cr*p on TV, I put on the wonderful headphones and had my own concert with a large chunk of Handel and then my favourite opera : 'Parsifal'. Dad used to muse on the fact that our favourite music was pretty religious for a couple of atheists! Great grandfather was right, when he said : 'you'll know great music when you feel it in your guts as well as your head'. The tears running down my cheeks offer support to the notion!!

Ian (Oldddudders), you have got a fantastic attitude mate, you can't undo what is done but only cherish the memories! I hope your current interest, a necessary element for living in my humble opinion, finds that she could love the bucolic idyll that I imagine living in the French countryside has become for you! (Shades of Peter Mayle?). Your strength will no doubt carry you through whatever life throws at you and I would hope that I could do the same in that situation.

Very funny 'DDolfelin', love the subtlety! Rude awakening at 4.40am as the Plasser tamper put in an appearance - we were warned by Network Rail with a timetable for 'remedial work following new track laying'. Must say disruption has been minimal. Even 'guard dog' Archie the Westie didn't bark in his double glazed kennel(our lounge!).

Have a good day all, shower now and Tesco for fresh bread etc.,

Kind regards

Jock67B.

PS Smiffy, remember it's only a number! Enjoy your celebrations.

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 6

Our last day in our holiday home in France. Should be cleaning it but inviting friends round for coffee is much

more appealing! I've dipped in and out of here in the last couple of weeks but haven't had the chance to comment or rate the posts.

Enjoy celebrations! For those in pain, I send commiserations. Make the most of any sunshine! It's coming and going here and the wind is pernicious!

Our last day in our holiday home in France. Should be cleaning it but inviting friends round for coffee is much

more appealing! I've dipped in and out of here in the last couple of weeks but haven't had the chance to comment or rate the posts.

Enjoy celebrations! For those in pain, I send commiserations. Make the most of any sunshine! It's coming and going here and the wind is pernicious!

It will be good to have you back - have a safe journey home!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Happy 65th Smiffy - it gets easier from now on as you start counting backwards (wish the insurance companies would too!!!).

Ah Don, the great Fawley Court saga - count yourself lucky as at least she re-opened the path along the river bank and I don't think she has security guards all over the place any more but her purchase of the place definitely set the cat amongst the (Polish) pigeons and it was all very nasty for a while.  Maybe a few home truths about the brutality with which the order ran its scholastic activities would help shed a different light on matters but i do hope the chapel remains as it was built by a local builder and my dad constructed much of the interior hence we held his funeral service there despite no other connection with the place (and I could get a Christopher Wren quote into the order of service).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fawley_Court

Incidentally Don looks like you're going too early - you'll miss the great shindig at McAlpine's place next weekend although you might possibly hear them running today if they're doing a spot of preparation on the running line.

Anyway back to earth today - the larder (freezer) is bare so it's a day for Waitrose and Tesco, and then no doubt it will be back to the dining room redecoration job plus sorting my details for the Ratty trip (and I've even found my file from my last visit, amazing).

Have a good day one & all

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Pah

blithering rain.. my game today has been called off and will take place on June1st... so its back to decorating......

Baz

for interest the Crowther Cup is for second teams in the Heavy Woollen area of Yorkshire. Hence you get to umpire teams from across a wide range of Leagues. Its big brother .. the Heavy Woollen Cup is the oldest cricket cup competition

www.bradfordcl.com/2007hwcup1.html

Edited by Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Happy birthday, Senior Citizen Smiffy.  Enjoy.

Morning all.

Rain here but supposedly brightening up later.

Enjoy your day too.

Polly

:king:  ...struggling with a cold all week.  Don't worry, not as bad as 'man flu'  :king:

Good morning all, 

Late on parade as I've just awoken from twelve hours solid kip.  Very quite here at night........apart from a pair of squabbling cats, and then a crow seemed to join in....

Now may be take some snaps of the models that came back from Ng, before they get packed up to send to their new  (and hopefully my )home near Vancouver. 

I've really got to make up my mind what to do with the 0e ( and some 0 European) Rolling stock.  Theres also an 0e /0 exhibition  layout to get shot of too.  

Try and enjoy the day...

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

ISPs - ours is BT - other companies are available.

We had an internet outage earlier, the phone was fine but no internet, so we rang the fault line, after pressing a variety of "select option 1 if you want to be disconnected" type buttons we eventually got through to the broadband support line - which said "please log a fault on www.bt.com" - these are apparently telecomms experts, so how on earth do they expect a customer with a fault on their broad band to access the Internet and log a call - <shakes head violently from side to side>

Add to that the joke which is the Eurovision, which I am being forced to watch, and a "great day" has been had !

I had an internet problem a couple of weeks ago, same thing, press 1 etc. But it only took a minute or two to get in touch with a nice gentleman in India who sorted out the problem, at 11 o'clock in the evening. 

Just to prove that the Trolley did make it through some of it's epic journey....pictured  with one of my other (an earlier built in Africa)  locos. 

Now suppose I had best start photographing the 0  & 0e stock if I'm going to sell it!.

Trev.

post-4282-0-01666200-1399807147.jpg

• Like 6

Afternoon all,

Having a quiet day today, completely knackered after a Saturday afternoo spent boozing and fighting...

Before you get the wrong idea, I was in rehearsals for 12th Night. I had a fight scene - which had me hacking away with a sword and trying to impale my opponent with my trusty walking stick at the same time; and my "drunk" scene - where I stumble around the stage, swigging from my hip flask, belching at the audience before collapsing into a drunken stupor! Wow! It's great being a role model.

The two doggie household proposal is gaining traction, Mrs I'd and I are going to look at a 10 year old bitch to see if she would be Schotty compatible. We must be mad...

Weather pleasant, will probably go into garden for a cigar and a snooze. May even do some modelling.

Enjoy the day

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 3