The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all, and particularly 'Ashcombe' or Sherry as I now know your name! I am sure, from the little you wrote about her, that the talented lady would not have wanted to be a burden, nor indeed live a terribly impaired existence. Now, when the funeral is out of the way, at least you can get to dwell on all the good times. Perhaps your Easter service could be seen as a tribute to her contribution. Our thoughts are with you.

Back to the mundane - exhausted after the day with not quite 3 year old Freddie yesterday (including grass cutting etc.) but it looks like I can't avoid a battle round Morrisons with all the oldies today (oops, I am one !!) as SWMBO has a money off voucher which must be spent today. Unlike 'DonBradleys' brother, she has had the multitude of Easter eggs under lock and key for some months now! Hope those of you who are lucky enough to still work enjoy your break - I would definitely try to avoid travel on Monday though.

Kind regards and Happy Easter,

Jock67B.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Q : Which ER member posted this on Facebook today? ""Please don't tell my parents I work in the oil patch. They think I'm a piano player in a whore house."

Not guilty, I can't play the piano. The only post by an ER on my Facebook page this this morning is about a naughty collie.

Morning all

Q : Which ER member posted this on Facebook today? ""Please don't tell my parents I work in the oil patch. They think I'm a piano player in a whore house."

Taken totally out of context. :sungum:

The thread was referring to old bumper stickers from the 80s. Honest M'lud.

I can pretty well surmise that 99% of ERs correctly guessed the source.

• RMweb Gold

- I would definitely try to avoid travel on Monday though.

Living near the route to Southend I tend to stay at home on Easter Monday. If the weather is even vaguely pleasant Southend still attracts lots of day-trippers on Bank Holidays. However I will be going to Stansted at midday which will possibly require some careful perusal of routes. I did warn Matthew that if Essex is grid-locked he may need to get a train home.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I suspected it may be you but I didn't want to have a petition complaining about Albertan stereotyping. :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

I have never received an email asking me to sign petitions.

There are no barking dogs or roadworks or Leylandii outside.

I don't use facebook.

I am not going to Morrisons or any other large supermarket.

Just thought I'd let you know.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure erudite ERs folk would quickly realise that instead of a piano, any half-decent whorehouse in the Boring Borough would have a full-size organ!

Reminds me of a bumper sticker seen c.1982 on the back of a beaten up Granada (with an old stetson on the back window shelf and no mention of ethnicity!). Spotted it while travelling thro' Epping forest en-route to work - 'I run up the a**e of cars that slow down for horses'.

Imagine it was like a red rag to a bull in that part of the countryside - amused me anyway!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

• Like 5

Best bumper sticker of all time....

"99% of people are caused by accidents"

Seen in the 'Dark Arches'of Leeds way too many years ago.

Happy Easter everyone.

Motters

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Can't look at Farcebook as I can't remember my password, and even if I did look at it the only thing I know how to find on it is RMweb (very useful in times of RMweb failure).

Hint to GDB - if cats are catching the mice you are unlikely to find any evidence, in our experience the cat will usually take the mouse home as a gift for its human staff or to play with.  We had no mice in our previous house until one of the cats brought one in and we then spent days trying to catch it as the cat had got bored and gone to sleep.  Tip for loading mouse traps - forget cheese, mice are very fond of milk chocolate and chocolate digestive biscuits are also high on their preferred menu.

Shopping expedition is somwehere on the horizon for either today or tomorrow the only problem being that people seem to go even wilder in anticipation of a famine at easter than they do at Christmas.  However today's highlight should be the arrival of postcards I bought in a postal auction sometime back (and paying for them) so a happy time looking at lots of luvverly Pre-Grouping stuff and company issues including various ships.

Have a good day folks

• Like 4

Tip for loading mouse traps - forget cheese, mice are very fond of milk chocolate and chocolate digestive biscuits are also high on their preferred menu.

Nah... peanut butter gets 'em every time... snap!!!

Motters

Nb. If you're going to hand out Easter Eggs the time to do it is Easter Sunday not Good Friday.

According to the BBC the East Midlands of England were "shaken" by an earthquake of 3.2 on the Richter scale... Come on, own up, did anyone really feel it? Probably less than a truck driving past your house...

We just saved $900.00 on our Auto Ins., per annum.

Enough cobblers from me.

Have a peaceful Holiday weekend (The BBC also say that most people in England leave today for the Easter Bank Holiday - presumably to ensure that they get to Dawlish before next Monday)...

Best, Pete.

• Like 6

SAVED $900!!! What on earth do you drive???????  Ours is just over a hundred quid!  1.8l Focus.  Admittedly the crime rate here is 'somewhat' low...

They had me listed as a "Session Musician" - which apparently is on par with: "Alaskan Deepsea Fisherman", "Tightrope Walker (with no net)", "Bank Raid Getaway Driver" etc., etc.

Yes, we do have some powerful cars, the smallest having a 3 litre V6 and indeed the New York Metroplex area has slightly more car related crime than the IoM - but not as much as is generally imagined. it's more to do with the local philosophy relating to "legal damage suits" (sic).

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

It`s Ascension day or Holy/Maundy Thursday {"Mandatum"}

:boast: I waited-in for the viri selecti...........but in the end, I`ve had to wash my own feet! :jester:

Careful Debs, I understand that they now allow women to be selected (although 'her indoors' showed no interest!). Personally, I'm still waiting for my Maundy money allowance although I'm not sure Ill live to the age of the Monarch!

Have a great Easter,

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

They had me listed as a "Session Musician" - which apparently is on par with: "Alaskan Deepsea Fisherman", "Tightrope Walker (with no net)", "Bank Raid Getaway Driver" etc., etc.

Yes, we do have some powerful cars, the smallest having a 3 litre V6 and indeed the New York Metroplex area has slightly more car related crime than the IoM - but not as much as is generally imagined. it's more to do with the local philosophy relating to "legal damage suits" (sic).

Best, Pete.

I think the 3 litre is the US equivalent of an 1100cc Vauxhall!!, but the cost did surprise me.  Your profession ('Famous Guitarist almost as good as Knopfler' surely?) will make a difference though, I appreciate that.  I'm careful just to say civil servant (which is true) not office manager of a young offenders team (also true) which probably halves my life expectancy and doubles the chances of having my car trashed!

Note - in 9 years I have never heard of any vindictive damage done by a client - or an assault. Verbal assault though....yes! :jester: