The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I have not mentioned him before but I have a new table companion, number five, at meals who has the appearance of being totally gormless, head hanging down, wide open unfocussed eyes, mouth perpetually hanging open and a very soft squeeky voice.  This has set me thinking "what is the opposite of gormless?"

I can only think of 'gormfull' or 'well gormed'  Any suggestions?

Don,

Not sure I have any suggestions, but it struck me the same way "disgruntled" does. Has anyone ever been "gruntled"?? :jester:

Good afternoon one and all!  Must be summer as shorts were worn to golf this morning.  Eventful weekend as after a few weeks of advertising I managed to sell my car.  A decent guy came up from Poole in Dorset who was not only a Spurs supporter, but lived in Palmers Green as a kid.  A fairly rapid run around the country lanes and a deal was done.  The small world we live in never ceases to amaze me...

Sunday saw the family descend and a good time had by all.  It was hot and sunny, but Golly managed to look like a cool dude...

post-6950-0-98835900-1397486922_thumb.jpg

Over lunch a pic was pulled out of my good self aged around thirty five stood on my head as a bet after numerous beers had been consumed back in Newmarket in the early 80's.  Of course the banter then went from good to bad and various bets were laid that I couldn't hack it again.  Needless to say as a competitive animal fuelled by a few glasses of red wine, the challenge was accepted….:-)

No one was hurt and no ambulances were called, but good to know at the grand old age of 66 it was possible….

Rioja and bravado have a lot to answer for...

post-6950-0-03948100-1397487242_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Gordon - standing on one's head is not a good idea - the last time I tried it I broke my big toe!

Back from The Great Mouse Hunt and I saw one behind my shed so have now laid bait and traps for the little perisher.(s) Had a major clear out of the shed and no signs of infestation inside but have now got more room including a clear workbench. This means I've now got somewhere to attempt weathering some models.

Also checked over the barbeque, decobwebbed it, disinfected it and fired it up to make sure it's ready for possible use over Easter.

Have also done a quite bit of gardening so am now sitting down with a pint of Pride which I feel I deserve.

Cheers :drinks:

Bob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure I can see Jesus' face on Gordon's knee.

If he could do that for a couple of hours everyday we could set up a shrine and charge people entry.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

A really sunny day, albeit slightly reduced in heat-scope by a bit of a breeze, but very jolly for mid-April, all the same.

My first visit to Sheena's place, she now being in hospital, was at 8 this evening. But during the day Sheena had rung up with the less-than-brill news that one of the goats has a problem. This goat has had udder problems for years, and even veterinary treatment is less than successful, apparently. Sheena hoped she'd cleared the build-up of fluid - and when I fed the goats tonight Bamboo seemed animated and hungry, so all right so far.

Despite the bush that I attacked with the chainsaw being undoubtedly dead, it's still quite fibrous, so breaking bits off to pass through the shredder has been a slow process. The thicker branches kept stalling the machine, too. A good job it was nice weather, at least!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More photos from our trip down under.

We flew into Melbourne and stayed overnight there before boarding a train at Southern Cross Station to go to Murray Bridge.

On our way out to Geelong looking back we got a good view of the Melbourne skyline..

post-7650-0-00323900-1397505587_thumb.jpg

we also saw the prototype for the very old Triang Transcontinental double ended diesels...

post-7650-0-94600700-1397505819_thumb.jpg

and just for Beast... wots this pair of birds??

post-7650-0-13675800-1397506156_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I have not mentioned him before but I have a new table companion, number five, at meals who has the appearance of being totally gormless, head hanging down, wide open unfocussed eyes, mouth perpetually hanging open and a very soft squeeky voice.  This has set me thinking "what is the opposite of gormless?"

I can only think of 'gormfull' or 'well gormed'  Any suggestions?

Evening Don,

How (with Greek reference!) about Gorgon(e) ? You no doubt live in hope!

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

So that's a wet and miserable Easter guaranteed, thanks Bob - wonder what will be on telly?

So that's a wet and miserable Easter guaranteed, thanks Bob - wonder what will be on telly?

That biblical epic . . .you know the one . . . John Wayne has a cameo as a Centurion, and tells Shirley (whoever she is) that  this man was the son of God. . . .

Not much else really . . . . .

More photos from our trip down under.

We flew into Melbourne and stayed overnight there before boarding a train at Southern Cross Station to go to Murray Bridge.

On our way out to Geelong looking back we got a good view of the Melbourne skyline..

attachicon.gifMelbourne Skyline - Copy (1280x256).jpg

we also saw the prototype for the very old Triang Transcontinental double ended diesels...

attachicon.gifTriang diesel - Copy (1280x660).jpg

and just for Beast... wots this pair of birds??

attachicon.gifmelbourne zoo 1 (817x683).jpg

Edible?

Regards

Jock67B.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Blimey - you're early Dominik!

Dry but a cool 4oC start to the day. Forecast is for prolonged periods of sunshine but temperature only getting up to about 12oC.

After yesterday's gardening exertions I ache all over so had planned a leisurely day although when I dropped a certain person off at work she did hint at a couple of minor domestic tasks that need doing. Now shall I ignore that and do my own thing or do I feel lucky?.........

Where's the hoover?

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bob ..you know it makes sense..

To do the domestics...

A bit to do today... After cutting the lawns yesterday I ran out of strimmer cable so I need some more, yet more paint required, carpet to be ordered and new curtain material and rail to be procured.

Once that's done I intend going for a pint or two with nicktoix at east of Arcadia tonight if anyone is in the area...

Have a steady away sort of day good people..

Baz

• Like 5

Good morning folks, 

Not much to report from here, temps are dropping a bit... only got to 32 yesterday! .

Bit more modelling done last night  & then slept right through the night...(for a change), 

try and make the most of what life throws at you today, 

Trev

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning.

Rather chilly but clear and forecast to be sunny later. We are going to Enfield today. It is MiL's birthday and Aditi thought it would be nice to take her out for lunch.

Tony

• Like 1

Morning All,

Once again, I am later on parade.  It is a pretty chilly morning in this part of the world.  There are reports of frost in certain parts of Hessen, but we only had the temperature down to 5°C.  I'm glad about that, because otherwise the poor plants in the garden are going to take a further battering.  I am also rather annoyed that my Box hedge, and bushes - which I have spent several years cultivating - have a nasty attack of box tree caterpillars.  I've sprayed them once - which has slowed the blighters down - but I need something a specially designed for the particular caterpillar.

Apart from that, not too much is happening - other than a fairly busy day ahead of me.

Time for another cup of tea!

Have a good day everyone...

Morning all

Beautiful bright morning here - read a weird stat yesterday: if you have a good night's sleep and wake up in a bright room, your BMI is likely to be lower than those who don't. Course they have no idea why - a feeling of happiness maybe?

Mal

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Snip<

.... if you have a good night's sleep and wake up in a bright room, your BMI is likely to be lower than those who don't.

Mal

Nah Mal, not happening. 'cause I'm overweight.....and have a bad hip!  BMI is likely to stay as it is then! :jester:

A gorgeous sunny morning on fraggle rock, dew on the grass and spring in the air.  So I'm stuck in the office of course.....grumble.  71 sleeps to go.

TT riders press launch today, not long now :derisive: