The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning, it was nice and sunny and relaxed, until I got to work when what would appear to be one of AndrewC's c*ckwombles sent an e mail asking for the annual report to be sent to him.  14 days after the year end....right. :butcher:   My reply was less rude than it might have been, but as I'm in the 'no-come-backs' zone :declare:  it was rather terse and to the point.  I explained in words of one syllable it has to go via the CEO and the Minister for Home Affairs before he gets his lowly, grubby little mitts on it. :beee:   Some people, honestly.....

Don't blame me. I've come to the theory that c*ckwombleness is infectious and spread by poorly designed PowerPoint presentations.

• RMweb Premium

Don't blame me. I've come to the theory that c*ckwombleness is infectious and spread by poorly designed PowerPoint presentations.

They also make strenuous efforts to spread the disease not realising that many are resistant to it.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Interesting about the bull DD - my aunt had a bullock called Billy, looked after him with great care with a properly balanced diet and all that and a nice grass paddock to run on; that really is the way to produce some top quality beef and his definitely was, all meat fully traceable - great stuff.

Bright and sunny again so as the grass is still growing i might summon up the application to go out and cut some of it as the excuse reason that it is too wet to cut is rapidly being over taken by changing weather.

Have a good day one & all. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, off to Carlisle sadly to collect DD1's other bits although she is much better now it is much too late to catch up. The lawn still needs mowing but it is drying out as I write. Have a good day. 

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

A bit later than I might have been, due to an early visit from Alison (cleaner). I had anticipated she needed to retrieve one of the many documents she has lodged under my baseboard (not many men would boast about that) but it was simply to give me a data-download on the unpleasant weekend. The partner has gone from being Mr Reasonable to being Mr Very Nasty, which is why those papers are secreted here, so he can't find them! Still, she has stepped over the line by being on more-than-cordial terms with the French neighbour, so the toothpaste won't be back in the tube any time soon.

Another nice-looking day, and I intend to start taking down some dead bushes. It's not clear what has killed them, but they will make great mulch by going through the shredder.

As some of you will realise, I was already aware of Sherry's sad news about her inspiring friend. We had an inspiring music teacher at skool, who was instrumental (!) in Sherry's love of music, and this lady had clearly touched the same special nerve, but too briefly. Such a shame.

Hope your - mainly - short week is easy.

Interesting about the bull DD - my aunt had a bullock called Billy, looked after him with great care with a properly balanced diet and all that and a nice grass paddock to run on; that really is the way to produce some top quality beef and his definitely was, all meat fully traceable - great stuff.

I should say that Billy wasn't mine.

I expect once he'd performed his duties he went for the aforementioned top quality beef.

There are other anecdotes about Billy.

• Like 5

Late good morning all, called to duty by grandsons partner with an early hospital appointment - third great grandchild due very soon! (don't feel old enough for this). Track engineering work is over and this morning we are back to mundane EMUs running past the garden, albeit much quieter on the new welded track. No real excitement yesterday afternoon other than missing a photo of 66413 as it headed to base wrong line with the spare JNAs and YKAs! Sunshine means it will be hard to avoid the green stuff again today! The recent post from Ashcombe, which I have just read, certainly gives cause for thought - it would appear that the more one loves and respects a person, the deeper the despair caused by their passing. As we get older, sadly, this becomes a more regular occurrence. Although we have not yet had a dialogue I am sure that, along with many other members, I will be thinking of you over the next few days.

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This wonderful term, prefixed by the word 'dithering', has become the exclamation of frustration by both my wife and I when travelling behind the typical and all too frequent 'Sunday afternoon driver' that infest the roads on which we travel along.

We owe Andrew a debt of gratitute for his creativity in the use of the English language

• Like 2

To echo the words of Jock67B above, thoughts go out to Ashcombe at this time. Although I suspect some (most!) of you have the edge on me in years and not least, wisdom, I have long since passed the point in life where one attends far more funerals than weddings and a sobering thought that is...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to report that I'm all out of drivel........

Best, Pete.

That's terrible. I feel for you at this trying time.

Back here at ceiling watch, the cobweb has been removed.

I hope the spider is on the ball and ready for the reconstruction effort.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, late today.

In short its been a cluster f#### of a morning with numerous things going wrong ranging from dropping a full 4 pint milk container in the kitchen which split milk everywhere to mobile phone (not mine) ending up in the kitchen sink and a couple of other disasters to which I cant be bothered to write about!

Things seem to be back to normal for the last hour with no disasters!

Off to model with care as its not a good day in the household!

Enjoy whats left of the day!

• RMweb Premium

Death by Powerpoint - there's nothing worse.  Person to my right is an expert - recently did 44 slides about counselling without even a coloured background.  Pity those who had to endure it - if they survived.  They are indeed, a c*ckwomble'!!

We owe Andrew a debt of gratitute for his creativity in the use of the English language

As humbling as that is I cannot claim any creativity for this. C*ckwomble, c*ckgoblin, asshat, assclown, etal are in fairly common use on Farsebook and Twatter. Nice to see douchebag making a comeback though. Was a very popular description of the Travolata suited disco devotees of the late 70's.

Just to report that I'm all out of drivel........

Best, Pete.

No drivel? For shame. You know you can get it delivered these days. How about gorm? Have any gorm left?

Just watching our neighbours try to clean up their garden. That lot have truly run out of gorm. Totally gormless. Must be tenancy renewal time again.

• RMweb Gold

This wonderful term, prefixed by the word 'dithering', has become the exclamation of frustration by both my wife and I when travelling behind the typical and all too frequent 'Sunday afternoon driver' that infest the roads on which we travel along.

The roads seemed to be plagued with such persons during my journey to & from Melksham on Saturday and there seemed to have been a mass outbreak (except in 30 mph zones) of driving at about 7mph below the permitted speed of the road concerned; why is travelling at 43 or 53mph so attractive I wonder?  And why do such dodderers get upset when overtaken?

I have not mentioned him before but I have a new table companion, number five, at meals who has the appearance of being totally gormless, head hanging down, wide open unfocussed eyes, mouth perpetually hanging open and a very soft squeeky voice.  This has set me thinking "what is the opposite of gormless?"

I can only think of 'gormfull' or 'well gormed'  Any suggestions?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all.

Back from parts Salopian and sans enfants for a few days.

Took the opportunity to decorate the bathroom today.

First job was to use various mould killing products - having stood in the bath to paint the ceiling I noticed the ends of my black jeans have turned scarlet/orange. Not sure what the bleach will have done to my feet but at least no-one will complain they smell of cheese! Unless there is a type of cheese that smells of bleach, that is! 

Not much else to report apart from the sun is out, the grass is growing and it looks like it's going to be a very warm week here. :)

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

• RMweb Gold

The roads seemed to be plagued with such persons during my journey to & from Melksham on Saturday and there seemed to have been a mass outbreak (except in 30 mph zones) of driving at about 7mph below the permitted speed of the road concerned; why is travelling at 43 or 53mph so attractive I wonder?  And why do such dodderers get upset when overtaken?

I don't get upset when overtaken assuming the overtaker keeps on going and doesn't slow down  to less than I was doing.

Death by Powerpoint - there's nothing worse.  Person to my right is an expert - recently did 44 slides about counselling without even a coloured background.  Pity those who had to endure it - if they survived.  They are indeed, a c*ckwomble'!!

The one thing worse than death by Powerpoint is when the presenter not only uses poorly designed Powerpoint slides, but then proceeds to read each one exactly as it appears on the projector screen.  It is soooo boring!  I try to use the slides as an aide memoire when doing presentations and training courses and get the audience involved to liven it up if I can.

• RMweb Premium

They have not the slightest idea of what speed they are doing, evident by the way they slow down when they see a speed camera. At least if they keep to a constant speed you can pass them but hardly any of them do.

Another spring day in the "Land of 10,000 lakes" (some of which still have ICE on them!!) -3 for pities sake, but sunny and promising a high of +3 :O

I feel for the loss of Ash's choir member friend.. we'd have some similar occurrences over the past year <hugs all round>. Fight it as we may, it appears none of this get out of here alive, be thankful for the time you have with those who have meaning in your life - and I'll include all the ER folks in that, even though I've yet to meet a one of you in person, I live in hope!

Our two services' choir performances yesterday went off extremely well, as we accompanied the local gospel singer who is a regular with us for Palm Sunday and also Easter Sunday. Standing room only as expected (we're talking about 800 per service!!), but the choir ALSO have to stand the entire time. My back was killing my time I got home, so I managed little modelling as I was dozing off all the time :)

On the "short week" front - have a personal grumble about that - we get a "regular weekend" over here in the US, so Easter week signals little in the way of extra play/modelling time.

When I first came to the US, was a couple of weeks before Easter, and I was in New York (lived there for the first 7+ years over here), and I though "brilliant, I'll get a four day weekend in a couple of weeks...". WRONG!

Since then I've always felt cheated somehow, as we carreen through from mid-January until late May without a single public holiday to give us a break - there are a few national holidays sprinkled in there, but they're typically only recognised (in terms of time off) by government/public workers. The ranks of the regularly employed have to work even though the public offices, libraries, banks and post offices are closed - how does THAT work, we pay the taxes and those who are consuming that money get a day off?? Sod that, he said half-heartedly.

I think drivel and more probably dribble should be part of the ER coat-of-arms, anyone game for creating it? :jester:

Have a great week everyone, and bask in the enjoyment of a few extra days of leisure all you lucky sods, you deserve it  :beee: