The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

It would be helpful if someone could advise if this URL is active in case I have a browser problem.

(Thanks for any assistance).

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Fine on IE11 or whatever number we're on now.

Morning all

Lifeboatman - my understanding a couple of hours ago was that it was chucking it down in Torbay.

I read in another place that ERs, or certainly I, failed to acknowledge a key birthday yesterday. So, Happy Birthday Stationmaster for yesterday! Unless, of course, it was an elaborate April fool? I am reminded of Peter Sellers's funeral, where he left instructions that the tune "In The Mood" be played - he absolutely detested it!

Glad Coombe Barton is exhuming his kit collection to advantage. I've made unexpected discoveries like this before now - and really relished the experience!

Hope your day goes according to plan.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

It would be helpful if someone could advise if this URL is active in case I have a browser problem.

I did have to greenlight it in NoScript, but the page does load for me. Don't have a BT account, though, so cannot tell whether it works completely!

• RMweb Gold

Last night I enjoyed a full bodied red, although it was not of the Titian variety.

Foolishly, I did not have just a glass, but managed to consume the whole bottle of claret.

What I should have done was to drink water before I went to bed, as this morning I'm a tad dehydrated, and it is difficult to open my eyes fully.

This became apparent when trying to put in the steroid drops for the left eye.

It was a bit of a hit and miss affair, three misses before I managed to drop one on the right place.  (The stuff tastes foul!)

Still I'm up and firing on all cylinders now, and tidying up and some gentle vacuuming is the order of the day.

Yesterday, I attended a meeting at our club (Telford Railway Modellers Group) with Steve Cole and Ben Jones of BRM.

A most interesting and pleasant morning, and as a result TRMG will soon be getting more exposure in BRM and on RMWeb.

I put it down to the fact that whilst the meeting went on, I shut up, went and made the tea, and served biscuits on a plate!

Edit for blind pughism

Edited by Happy Hippo

Late as always, but all the BT log ins work fine for me on my Mac.  One thing I will say though, DD, is that the number of spoof emails re BT mail and Internet have risen dramatically in the last few weeks. They're easy to spot though, the email address is nothing to do with BT...

I probably get one each day on various subjects.  They only started after BT moved from Yahoo.

Examples.

post-6950-0-08992300-1396430023.jpg

post-6950-0-18479800-1396430024_thumb.jpg

I read in another place that ERs, or certainly I, failed to acknowledge a key birthday yesterday. So, Happy Birthday Stationmaster for yesterday! Unless, of course, it was an elaborate April fool? I am reminded of Peter Sellers's funeral, where he left instructions that the tune "In The Mood" be played - he absolutely detested it!

Me too.

Possibly celebrating by chucking it up (as opposed to chucking it down) in the Barent Sea?

Belated Happy Birthday, Mike.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A bit dull at the moment but warming up at 13oC

Many happy returns to Mike.

Still all bunged up & spluttering and due to having to do some driving at odd hours unable to partake of my favoured Scottish, Irish or French medicines.

Just taken delivery of some parcels for my lovely neighbour and her daughters. The lounge now looks like an extension of Next's warehouse.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob

• RMweb Premium

Happy belated birthday Stationmaster!

Just enjoyed a nice meal plus wine and Ozzie "port" on a tramride around Melbourne..St Kilda will be revisited as it has a good selection of art Deco/arts and crafts buildings.

Book on oz locos (including Pendennis Castle) purchased today. Very informative and some obvious opportunities for Judith Edge kits.

Be as good as you can be!

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Helpfully, BT have changed the way I log in for e-mail.

Unfortunately, the new log-in page is blank.

Anyone else have BT e-mail (@btinternet.com) and does it work?

Have started the process of net form filling but don't know how long it will take.

S*d's Law means that the telephone numbers I have to contact the CEO are safely kept in my e-mail account.

BT login is the bain of my life. 

Well, actually it's just an inconvenience but has become considerably more irksome over the last few months. 

For whatever reason it seems to randomly require you to sign in either several times a day, each visit, rarely,... and nothing to do with the tick box to keep me logged in.

I did read somewhere that the woman they recruited to run it has tried to recreate the gmail experience that she was pushing at her last organisation, much to many peoples' annoyance.

DD I'm wondering if it has anything to do with recently clearing browser history? Just a thought and most probably completely wrong.

Best. Andy 

• RMweb Gold

I did read somewhere that the woman they recruited to run it has tried to recreate the gmail experience that she was pushing at her last organisation, much to many peoples' annoyance.

As one who believes libby (and even lippy!) women add something to society, and as a lifelong nameist, I'd be wary of appointing anyone called Libby Barr.

• RMweb Premium

My temp job finished on Monday, the end of the Council's financial year. Yesterday i was intending to sort out and organise all the stuff (mail, paperwork, "clutter", modelling projects) that's accumulated/been neglected over the last month. Typically I got serially sidetracked and achieved nothing apart from shopping and going for a pint. The barmaid had one of those script tattoos of a quote which I liked (apparently from Jame Dean). Don's post prompted me to share it:

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow."

Have a good hump day and don't inhale the Saharan dust; it's not doing my coagulated bronchials any good.

Pete

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

That page works for me using a PC and Opera as browser.  However until recently it wouldn't work (though it did with Chrome and Internet Explorer). The BT page does seem to do some browser identification. Perhaps it is Safari's turn to be messed up. On my Mac I use the Mac Mail program rather than a browser based email. On my PC while the Opera browser was unable to read my BT mail I installed Thunderbird to read my mail.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Well taking Don's advice I've been living it up this morning with a jaunt out with #1 child. 

Actually a trip to hospital with her for a rendez vous with a cannula. It took quite a few attempts to find a vein! 

She broke her Lent abstention (no chocolate) on the way home by scoffing some to get over the experience. 

Years ago when I was a student I volunteered for some hypothermia/stroke research experiments and spent a couple of unhappy days being chilled whilst having blood taken at regular intervals (temporarly speaking!). They used an electric blanket on my forearm to keep the veins /cannula patent. So, I got #1 to hold my cup of coffee this morning and this seemed to bring her veins to life a bit.

Have a nice day everyone. Andy

Caution, rant works ahead: my mum has a Bank Of Scotland credit card which expired in December. They sent her a letter explaining that it would not be renewed unless she called by a certain date. She called 2 days after that date. Yes, they said, we'll issue you a new card. An hour later they called back - they were unable to issue a card because that type of credit card was discontinued but we should try again in April when a new one was being introduced.

We called again in April (my mum's a bit deaf and I need to be there to help her sometimes) and they said why don't we go into a branch and order one there.

I took her there in a wheelchair today this morning and the branch said - sorry, new FCA regulations mean we can't give new credit cards to people over 75.

Is this a new twist on being given the runaround?

Bonkers!

Mal

One of the big issues I have with BT email is that my Imac was set up to use IMAP rather than POP.  BT say they do not support IMAP protocol and every so often it goes haywire with the multiple sign in's you describe.  I have talked endlessly to both Apple and BT and it would appear the solution is to set up POP accounts.  As far as I can tell this would mean the possible loss of mails received prior to the account change unless you back them up somewhere.  There was a method of holding them somewhere you could easily see them, but I had mentally lost the will to live at that point.

One day I will just set up new accounts using POP, but there always seems to be a reason not to at that particular time...

Thanks for all the further info and support, folks.

I've heard back from BT in a sub continent who tell me that I should do what I've already done (back-door web through Yahoo) and that it is a known problem which will be resolved in the next few days when my browser should also be updated.

I think they mean reset.