The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I remember those days ... I'm glad I've left them all behind me now ! 

I'm supposed to have left them behind. Doing the actual hands on system config should be up to the minions. I just design the stuff. The project division for this client doesn't have anyone with the skill set and they never lined up a resource from the products group. As I said assclowns.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hey up from Napier new Zealand.

Baz on tour reporting...

For all who have/are poorly I wish you good health.

Congrats to NHN and oldudders.

Wifi better on NZ so managed a catch up.

Wine very drinkable here and have been train chasing today.

Nz rail have major problem with Chinese locos with asbestos. .turns out they may not be as cheap to buy as they thought. .

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, bit dull, grey and boring the weather that is. I must admit working with children that you never can assume anything so planning is full of unknown variables and sometimes I long for the simplicity and control that was there as a plant fitter. When you rebuilt a D8 engine there was an order of reassembly and at the end turn the key and success it fires up and after testing goes back to the customer. Management just wanted things faster and cheaper a simple life... Andy you probably need to become a consultant project manager be self employed and deal direct with customers preferably not government departments. It is Friday and I have to go for my blood pressure/type two diabetes check up this afternoon I haven't lost enough weight but shall resist more tablets and carry on dieting and exercise. Have a good weekend if you can.

• RMweb Gold

Well Ian that is quite a bombshell. It says much that you choose to post it on here. I do hope things work out fine. Sounds to me as though the Daughter is either hurting or spoilt but probably you are not the one to reach out to her.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Good morning from the rather windy and wet environs of Fraggle Rock.

Organised chaos reigning here, just wait .......some of Andrews assclowns are here too, and today they are going to get the news they really don't want to hear.  Oh yeah, sweet.

It was actually snowing on the mountain road on my way to work this morning, spring appears to have taken a step back once again.  It is quite unpleasant down here at sea level too, just not white.

Ian, I think Lawrence summed it up: People should judge not, lest they be judged their selves.  I recall you alluding to the 36 y/o previously that she was likely to rock a particular boat for her own reasons, well it's rocked and she is certainly no better off, and has probably caused damage to her own relationships as much as anyone else's.  Such is life - she needs to get one.

Now, about that Thomas - compensated or springy beam? :jester:

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 6

First day of enforced idleness is bright grey with some sun peeking through.

It's not all idle - have to keep a bladder diary and do pelvic floor exercises - as Sandy says, welcome to a woman's world.

With little else to do apart from keeping moving and reading railway books I will be on RMweb being annoying more than usual, or was that be on RMweb more than usual being annoying?

The laptop has acquired some adware from somewhere. Need to get that batted about the head.

(Sent from my position on the sofa, left hand end)

[EDIT] One thing I forgot to mention - having to wear DVT stockings for the next six weeks - Nora Batty, you have competition!

Edited by Coombe Barton

• RMweb Gold

Humbled - as usual - by the warm responses to my posting. This morning I rang the lady and she tells me that she and hubby went out - unplanned - to a local show last night. Some degree of normality has returned to their marriage, but he is now making more of an effort, realising his sins of omission (which are trivial compared to hers/ours but have over decades been so damaging), so everyone has won except the daughter. If the lady were single, I'd marry her at lunchtime, but if her marriage works better, well, that's where we came in, and I will be more than happy "just" to share her. 

• Like 1

Mick, been there done that and have the battle scars to prove it. My last independent consulting gig ended up with me having to start legal proceedings in order to get paid. Contract said net 30 days from invoice. Frequently ran to 90 days. Hard to live that way. Prefer the slightly lower pay with the pension and regular pay cheque. Oh well only 3 more days including the weekend until the reorganisation happens and I get moved into an e-discovery team. All analysis and design, no more implementation.

At least with all the panic this morning I managed to slip out of the conference call long enough to snag tix to see the Goddess Kate Bush in Sept.

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

My only glimmer of light is knowing in the current multiverse quantum theory that somewhere in a parallel universe a giant flying bear has just done a 10kg dump from on high directly on these idiot's heads.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who visualises such events! Though to be honest at one time I had a little list but with the passing of time I suppose I'm lucky that there would only be one person remaining who I could visualise being bear dumped on (for ever, over and over etc!).

• RMweb Gold

At least with all the panic this morning I managed to slip out of the conference call long enough to snag tix to see the Goddess Kate Bush in Sept.

I was concerned about whether today's events would affect your ticket shopping!

Extra shows have been provided according to something I read yesterday.

• RMweb Gold

Oh well only 3 more days including the weekend until the reorganisation happens and I get moved into an e-discovery team. 

Sounds like something I could do, would they pay lots of money for someone who knows that it is found between d and f?

• RMweb Gold

La Sarthe is the name of the area (departement) in which Ian lives, NE of Le Mans; there's a river of the same name.

Thanks Ashers,

I was thinking it was a French reference to anything south of the Watford Gap!

As in The Sarfe East like wot the cokkerknees call zit.

Andrew©, Your vehement diatribe about the people for whom you work brought tears to my eyes.  I do hope you manage to get it all sorted out this weekend.

My cousin George the stunt Hippo, trains all the animals you see in the Hollywood movies: So if you do need a giant flying bear, I'm sure he can arrange it!

I don't think he's ever attempted to train a c##ckwomble though!

• Like 1

Family descending tonight for one of Granpops Special Curries at the request of the grand-kinder.  Made a Keralan Chicken Stew last night, so just some Achari Bindi and Naan Breads to make today.  Can't stand those sour wet things they sell in supermarkets as Naans, besides which you can make 16 -20 for the price of 2 from Sainsbury.  

I'm a bit nervous as it will be the first time the whole tribe has met Jane, though probably not as nervous as she will be.  Don't really envisage any problems though as she is the gentlest, kindest and most delightful person I have ever known.  (Besides which I have heard that those she has met have posted very positive reports on the family bush telegraph!)

Edited by Adams442T
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Matthew phoned up the other evening for some Indian cooking advice. The top had dropped off his tub of garam masala and a considerable quantity had fallen into his dal. I suggested adding more chilli. It all worked out and one of the guests wanted to take him back to Germany as a chef!

Naan bread from supermarkets is usually too breadlike. Cooked in a proper tandoor is best. Aditi's family usually eat chappati as their bread part of the meal and her Mum used to buy naan for parties. 

I saw the young Kate at the famous Palladium performances (with my first Wife!). She had a superb band too, the visuals were, ahem, amazing...

Later met her at  "The Lygon Arms", Broadway in the Cotswolds. She is tiny - more than petitte. one of our best Songwriters, ever. I love her song, "You're the One" - which is apt for today...

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 1