The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

In my defence, I haven't been awake long after a broken night's sleep, but for "inducted" I read "abducted"... with prior knowledge of the poor chap's abduction, you're obviously in on it... can I ask what the ransom is?

Given that Sherry was the murderer in her recent Murder Mystery - for the same church - I shouldn't enquire too closely!

Weather came back by mid-day yesterday, and after a bit of early mist, normal sunny conditions are here again.

I see the F1 is on the Beeb mid-afternoon here. You might have hoped they'd manage to get the live broadcasts from Commonwealth countries, but no doubt as it's the first of the season, Sky pushed the price up. Apparently last year world tv audience figures dropped during the F1 season, so a new finishing order would be good for all concerned - except Red Bull.

A few chores today, and need to nip out for a few bits & pieces.

Hope your day goes ok.

• Like 2

Given that Sherry was the murderer in her recent Murder Mystery - for the same church - I shouldn't enquire too closely!

Ah, you're right... she was...!

Isn't it odd how the most unlikley people turn out to be dangerous to know... :O

Morning all.

Clear blue sky here and warming up nicely all ready.

Slight delay in logging on this morning as this PC wanted to run chkdsk so I let it and laziness stopped me going and finding another device to use.

I need some cable to connect a couple of points to the control module and Robbie will need some food so a trip to Pitsea or Basildon seems likely. I wonder if lots of people will be going to Southend for the day, sunny Sundays do still seem to bring the East End down to the Thames Riviera.

Tony

Using the "Sunshine Coast Line"? Or via Dagenham and Tilbury? :mail:

Best, Pete.

…and just about 10 minutes from here.  You can set your watch by the 10.00 alarm tests every Monday.  You would think war had been declared as air raid type sirens go off in every area for a radius of a few miles.

Always a place to show new visitors as few have any idea where Broadmoor is in the UK.

• RMweb Gold

Using the "Sunshine Coast Line"? Or via Dagenham and Tilbury? :mail:

Best, Pete.

A127 or A13 by car most likely. The rail junction at Pitsea is being replaced so anyone wanting to travel by train is on a rail replacement bus. As perhaps will I be next weekend when I go up to Ally Pally, unless I park at Upminster or ask Aditi to take me to Basildon.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Yes it is Pete - definitely the exhibition season at the moment, hence Mrs Stationmaster enquiring which one I would be going to this weekend and being surprised that I wasn't.  Her bedroom decorating is complete but we havea  slight mismatch on the ceiling where she did a patch - thought being given to solving it.

Big adventure today will be a trip to Savacentre at Calcot near Reading in search of tea, alas Yorkshire Gold leaf tea has vanished from the shelves of our usual haunts and disaster of not having any gets ever closer.

Have a good day one & all.

• RMweb Premium

A127 or A13 by car most likely. The rail junction at Pitsea is being replaced so anyone wanting to travel by train is on a rail replacement bus. As perhaps will I be next weekend when I go up to Ally Pally, unless I park at Upminster or ask Aditi to take me to Basildon.

Tony

Weekend engineering work is also going on the District line between Bromley-by-Bow and Aldgate East. I found out the hard way yesterday when I went to the Acton Town museum open day.

Morning - somehow back to -9 today (possible high -5!), but sunny and continuing to erode all the snow, I can actually see some of the grass we used to have! :)

Mrs is working today so I've the day to model and a few minor chores - will report on the progress later...

Have a great Sunday all

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

Yes it is Pete - definitely the exhibition season at the moment, hence Mrs Stationmaster enquiring which one I would be going to this weekend and being surprised that I wasn't.  Her bedroom decorating is complete but we havea  slight mismatch on the ceiling where she did a patch - thought being given to solving it.

Big adventure today will be a trip to Savacentre at Calcot near Reading in search of tea, alas Yorkshire Gold leaf tea has vanished from the shelves of our usual haunts and disaster of not having any gets ever closer.

Have a good day one & all.

Still available from M'sons but don't know if it's in all stores.

I'd be put out if we had to change brand/shopping venue, yet again what with stores coming and going or stock coming and going - take your pick.

Polly

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that Polly - we haven't got one of those but there is one on the south side of Reading.  Anyway we didn't get to Savacentre either as herself decided to devote her energies to the garden and I, aided by the good Doctor reduced my stockholding of cardboard box material and less than helpfully shaped pieces of expanded polystyrene packing and took a trip to the dump

And just to cheer her up here are a couple of pics of Mrs Stationmaster's decorating efforts in the bedroom - fortunately the mismatch patch on the ceiling doesn't show in these!  I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the results of my decorating tuition in the past ;)

post-6859-0-17212400-1394988788_thumb.jpg

post-6859-0-74476800-1394988883_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Back from our day out.

We didn't promenade, but went to the Welsh Museum of Folk Life at St Fagans.

On the trip down, and on the return journey (a different route), I was able to entertain the Obergrumpenfuhrer with references to railways as we passed by abutments and embankments, or over bridges that spanned the trackbeds of long disused lines.

The silence that followed was so long, I thought I'd gone deaf!

Her eventual reply was along the lines of getting on with the new garden railway as a matter of some urgency.

I think it would be tactically advisable not to mention any old railways or their remains on our trip back up to Telfland tomorrow morning.

I did make enquiries as to the progress being made with the demolition and re erection of Raglan station at the museum, but there was nobody on duty who was up to speed on the project.

Unlike a railway preservation society, who will demolish and re erect in a short time span, the museum has many more hoops to jump through.

A building at St Fagans that was finished last year, was started (demolition) back in 1981! So I'm hopeful that Raglan might be seen again in my lifetime.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

After successfully testing the garden furniture in the sunshine at lunchtime I then wired up a couple of points into a crossover. Making a number of silly mistakes it took ages but they do work now. Even though the paralleled Peco point motors are 4 metres from the the Lenz accessory decoder they change without any problem. Trains will now be able to access the up and down lines from the fiddle yard. 

I was unable to help with the garden digging as I strained/sprained my ankle doing some digging a couple of days ago. It is OK walking but not digging. 

Tony

Survived the weekend, just. Finished digging the second half of the path. Levelled and tamped. Another 150+ Bricks put down. I now ache in places previously unknown to myself. Heat rub on standby.

If you don't hear from me fo a few days it means I found a hot tub to relax in.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all.

The missing jet MH370 seems to get more mysterious as the days go on - very strange happenings which, for the peace of mind of the relatives, will hopefully be explained in the not too distant future.

It was Jills daughters 13th birthday yesterday so we had a fun day with 6 similar aged girls in Norwich today - we were the taxis, the girls wandered around in their group and we collected them and brought them home for some snacks before the others headed off. Jill and I are worn out now !

Have a good evening all.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Evening.  We're now in Ambleside, one of our favourite places - I never tire of the beauty of the lakes.

Had a Thai meal, wow that was hot - don't forget Geordies are weaned on curry too, so I mean HOT!

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, off to have a google.....

• Like 4

Spent the day buried deep within the registry of elderly friend`s Win-Vista laptop............the sudden demotion of their user privileges, the appearance of a Windows single-user password requirement (to which the required password was totally unknown) and the resultant absence of any administrator-level access, meant they were locked out of the crippled notebook  which then seemed utterly useless. :O

I managed to get access to a CMD line using a bootable Linux utility and after lots of research found what and where to edit and have got things sorted. :read:

Several malicious items which were likely to have been implicated, came to light during a deep-cleansing sweep; all now remediated.........over 6 hours of headscratching work in total, but I like a challenge and now I`m feeling satisfied with the outcome. :boast:

• Like 7

And just to cheer her up here are a couple of pics of Mrs Stationmaster's decorating efforts in the bedroom - fortunately the mismatch patch on the ceiling doesn't show in these!  I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the results of my decorating tuition in the past ;)

attachicon.gifDSCF6908.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF6910.jpg

Good pictures, Mike.

SWMBO puts cushions on the bed.

What do you do with them when retiring?

• RMweb Gold

Good pictures, Mike.

SWMBO puts cushions on the bed.

What do you do with them when retiring?

Put them on the floor, usually - herself likes these little touches and they're not a nuisance; in fact as I haven't got a bedside cabinet on my side the cushion is a handy place to put a box of tissues should I need to blow my nose during the night but it's not much use for the teacup in the morning.

The bed is rather well travelled in some respects - when i was at Westbury a bloke we took on as a Lampie had an antique shop in Frome and kept a lookout for a suitable brass & iron bed on my behalf and this one was the result.  It duly travelled back home over a series of my weekend return journeys on the train - the head end one weekend, the two side irons the next but the foot end had the much greater excitement of a rail journey from Tisbury to Reading after I had to go down there on a Friday to investigate a cash loss in booking.  The base between the side irons is ordinary t&g softwood floor boards and because the original enamel was damaged in various places it was given a coat of a Dulux dark brown gloss which we think looks rather nice.

• Like 2

I see Simon Kohler is departing Hornby. So they managed to shoot themselves in the other foot now?

More snow overnight! Yippee!

Seriously the skiing around Lake Placid is amazing this year - good deals to be had until the end of March.

Best, Pete.

What's wrong with you bunch?

HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY

It's still perfect Autumn weather. A really lovely day. 24C Max forecast.

I've got a septic middle toe on my left foot. Doc will see it today, hopefully!

Good morning all, 

Ah, St Patrick's day...reminds me of the only time I have ever had an over night stay in hospital... 196? (a very long time ago) when I had four wisdom teeth out.....came out with face the shape of a football. and so missed the party I had been invited to by some Irish work colleagues.

Whatever your up-to today try and find some thing to smile at.

Trev.