The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm in Early Risers? Right, so I can safely lie naked on my bed without getting an "indecipherable" comment.

It remained hot enough yesterday to repeat the exercise.

It will be 30C today with a strong South Easter to provide some relief

February is the hottest month for us.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. We're a strange bunch on here, aren't we? :haha:

Sun rising, kittens fed; Kiki somewhere on the corridor, Frida sitting at the window and looking at whatever's going on in the street, coffee brewed for this-here individual. Why can't life always be as peaceful as that? Oh, and it should comprise the odd parcel from a model shop now and then!

• Like 3

Morning all. We're a strange bunch on here, aren't we? :haha:........!

Strange? Certainly a mixed bunch!

Hoping that the weather is fine enough today for the workmen to return and complete the reconstruction of our wall, begun last Thursday then abandoned due to the rain. Have to be up early just in case.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

• Like 2

Morning All,

I guess most of what gets said in here would be indecipherable to many!

I have another day of testing ahead of me today, and then a meeting with my financial advisor this afternoon.  Hopefully that goes better than the dentist did yesterday - I need two fillings :O

They are only small ones, but they're my first.  I am not looking forward to that particular new experience.

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Gold

Good morning.

Rather a pleasant morning here, Dry, clear and about 8C.

Matthew informed us last night he is thinking of going to Australia (Melbourne probably) during the summer (or winter as it would be there) on some intern/work experience scheme. He has to have an interview but that will be via Skype or phone.

Tony

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Trip to see Dracula's sister (junior) this morning them more sound chip fitting...ooh err pass me that dremel end mill....

Have a great Tuesday and hopefully enjoy the day!

Morning all..:-)

Raining again, but gently not bucket loads.  Here's hoping for improvement in your neck of the woods.

I've always been a competitive sport lover, but can't believe I've just sat enthralled for the last hour watching the mens curling quarter final.  It all went down to the last stone against Norway….and I'm pleased to report GB went into the semi's.

Good grief, at this rate I might start watching days of test match cricket...

• Like 2

Morning all..:-)

Raining again, but gently not bucket loads.  Here's hoping for improvement in your neck of the woods.

I've always been a competitive sport lover, but can't believe I've just sat enthralled for the last hour watching the mens curling quarter final.  It all went down to the last stone against Norway….and I'm pleased to report GB went into the semi's.

Good grief, at this rate I might start watching days of test match cricket...

I can see what you mean re curling Gordon but have to admit that a couple of our ladies team draw my attention more! Still weather here at the moment so will get to repair the damaged greenhouse.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dull but a mild 8oC at the moment. Some sunshine & scattered showers forecast possibly followed by hail & thunder.

I don't know what I'm doing today (& no requests, instructions orders have been left!)

Have a good one,

Undecided of Sutton.

• Like 1

Good morning all,

Dull but a mild 8oC at the moment. Some sunshine & scattered showers forecast possibly followed by hail & thunder.

I don't know what I'm doing today (& no requests, instructions orders have been left!)

Have a good one,

Undecided of Sutton.

Could be contagious, but then again maybe not.

I have another day of testing ahead of me today, and then a meeting with my financial advisor this afternoon.  Hopefully that goes better than the dentist did yesterday - I need two fillings :O

They are only small ones, but they're my first.  I am not looking forward to that particular new experience.

Just hope that the two small fillings dont turn into big ones, then crowns, then dental implants!  That when it gets painful (both in the mouth and wallet). :O

Weather quite pleasant here today - hopefully staying that way as I need to be outside at work for a while.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all.

Showery today, but mild at 7c.  Yes Don, 7c is mild..... :jester: for over here in winter anyway! 

Tired as Mrs H is poorly with a chest infection and has been barking away all night. :umbrage:

Gordon, I was going to give you a disagree (for the cricket) but as they have proved somewhat contentious I left it!  :O

Zoe Gillings (Manx!!) was robbed :cry: a bit in the snowboard cross, but I thought presented herself very well afterwards, no going off in a strop, she is a great sportswoman.  The island is proud of her achievement, 9th from a little island in the Irish sea with no training facilities and no funding for years other than that which she raised herself.

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

It says a lot for modern oral hygiene that Robert, who is no longer in the first flush of youth, is about to have teeth filled for the first time. If your dentist is as good as mine, you will be pleasantly relieved by how painless it all is. By the time they were 50-ish, I think both my parents had dentures, as did many in their generation. Some things in life really have got better.

As Steve Williams kindly advised, I did not go through all the details of his eye history - but wish Richard a quick and full recovery. Again, such dramas are now dealt with in ways unthinkable not so long ago, no doubt.

After a couple of really quite nice days, with plenty of sun, it is now overcast, with a chance of showers. My road frontage has just had the drainage ditch dug by the commune. At least the third time in as many weekdays that the JCB-clone has been in action here. The ditch has been "busy" recently, but never overflows, thanks to regular visits like this.

May all your ditches be similarly dug!

• Like 6

Hot News! More snow for Gotham....... 2-4 inches.

This is really getting tedious.....................

Possible fracture of my upper jaw, dentist again on Thursday.

Had that eye thing, Hippo - I had curling, wavy lines too - but that may have been the drugs.

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

[mode=RuthMadoc]Good Morning Campers.[/mode]

A calm day of warm sun is proposed.  I wish the same for those recovering from storm damage.  

Thor has been summoned and is expected here tomorrow with his wife Gail.  Gale Force winds and thunder forecast on the day I have to see the Good Lady off at the airport on the next leg of her PhD mission.  This time to Canberra and Sid's Knee.  In a week from now I'll get to join her on the Knee for a couple of days.

Wish the forecast was better for her flight!

Don't worry about a disagree, Neil.  It was all said tongue in cheek.  I do watch cricket from time to time, but if I'm honest would rather be out playing golf.  I'd watch most competitive sports if the truth were known, so no offence taken at all….

Good morning.

Rather a pleasant morning here, Dry, clear and about 8C.

Matthew informed us last night he is thinking of going to Australia (Melbourne probably) during the summer (or winter as it would be there) on some intern/work experience scheme. He has to have an interview but that will be via Skype or phone.

Tony

Sounds exciting! Melbourne is a very buzzy city - we preferred it to Sydney. Our daughter works in Geelong, about an hour's drive West of Melbourne and she gained a good job on the strength of a two hour conference call followed by an all expenses paid five day trip to Australia with her husband. Having been there since 2006, she is now training new employees to her company, many of whom have been recruited from the UK. Good luck to Matthew!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Our daughter works in Geelong

I sincerely hope she still does after recent announcements.

Ford and Toyota are closing.  Alcoa are closing.  That probably rips 75% of the heavy industry out of the region  at a stroke.  That will have a knock-on effect to service industries and regional wealth.  I'm afraid the local employment situation isn't looking very good here right now.

• RMweb Gold

Alcoa rises and falls by its customers, like anyone else. If the car companies are pulling out, its market is gone. It employs 60k people worldwide - 600 of them in a small-ish village 3 km from my very rural house. It counts Airbus and Boeing among its main customers here, with 45% of production being exported. On its benders a few years back, things are currently looking good. Sorry Oz is a problem zone, but the strength of the Oz $ must be a factor.

Edited by Oldddudders

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Weather slightly brighter although we had some rain earlier which was a bit heavier than a gentle shower.  While I haven't watched much of the curling this time round it is quite an interesting sport to watch I've found, rather like bowls only faster.  Next think we know Gordon will be into croquet - not just the gently pottering about game it is often thought of but involving some vicious tactics despite being played by seemingly sweet old ladies.

Some oddments of holiday arrangements still to finalise plus checking one of the times the travel agent sent us which seems to mean we'll spend 5+ hours at Bergen airport waiting for transport into town?

Have a good day one & all.

• RMweb Gold

Next think we know Gordon will be into croquet - not just the gently pottering about game it is often thought of but involving some vicious tactics despite being played by seemingly sweet old ladies.

MiL had got her croquet handicap down to 5 before infirmity forced her to reduce activity a decade ago.