The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

it is not always possible to turn around in the road in three steps.

Simply, you take as many steps as necessary! London taxis are designed to do it in one!

• RMweb Gold

We have a similar one near us but it never has been known locally as a magic roundabout just Sadlers Farm roundabout. It is going to enhanced with flyovers or underpasses or some-such novelty some time soon. Visitors to the area do get confused especially as it is followed on the A13 by a double mini roundabout.

Guest Max Stafford

Is the dog's nose OK now Jamie? ;)

Nice to see your efforts were reported in an adult and positive manner.

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quite chilly outside - just about 3°, but it is sunny and there's a bit of wind. Dad's birthday today - hope he and Mum are having a nice time in France (Colmar, to be exact - the Alsace region must be nice indeed!).

Local newspapers all seem to end up with man bites dog stories...

Oh yeah, they do indeed. It can get even worse during the summer holidays, though!

Cheers all! :)

Morning All,

It is another nice, but chilly morning here. Still, it is wonderful to see the sun.

The magic roundabout discussions amused me. I used to work in Basildon, so know the Sadlers Farm roundabout well - at the time, I drove a Subaru Impreza (before they were popular) and it was amazing how quickly you could go around it. :lol:

Germany is not big on roundabouts (although many more have been built in recent years), I swear somebody in Government must own (or have shares in) a traffic light company because many junctions which are just made for roundabouts are traffic light controlled (with the associated chaos). I enjoy showing pictures of the various magic roundabouts to colleagues and watching the look on their faces!

Have a good day everyone.

It poured with rain yesterday evening, luckily after I had collected Matilda, so did not get wet.

I managed to do a couple of photos, but did not manage the series I had planned, so more tonight then he goes on to Spain.

Winter has definately arrived here. Only another five months of rain to put up with, and only two weeks ago we were basking in sun!

Happy Wednesday all.

I'm confused, Don, why's Matilda off to Spain? I must have missed something...

The morning I don't need to be up early and I'm wide awake half an hour before the time I'd set the alarm for. Off to the Sheriff Court today for jury service.

Have a fun Wednesday everyone!

• RMweb Gold
Meant to ask, BoD - did you get to Bishop Auckland show and Shildon? Did you see me there and keep a safe distance?

Well, you remember those firm plans I had ........

When I checked I saw that the model exhibition didn't start until noon on the Sunday. Far too late for an ER, so I left it until the Monday. An added advantage was that I missed you. wink.gif

Mike,

I don't know the details, but I am to send Matilda to Les in Spain who is to get her to Liberia. Too complicated to understand. It started in Australia and has been to USA, Canada, South America and South Africa, inter alia. I have probably missed a few destinations.

• RMweb Gold

Is the dog's nose OK now Jamie? ;)

Nice to see your efforts were reported in an adult and positive manner.

Dave.

laugh.gif No idea. But i'll let you know if there's another instalment wink.gif

Indeed, it's not often that anything to do with railway modelling is reported in a positive fashion! The chap was very friendly and actually seemed to be interested blink.gif

• RMweb Gold

Hello all.

Don, I didn't understand the "Matilda" references but Google revealed all.

Dominik, I'm sure your parents will have a nice time in Colmar. We had a week there in 1999. Nice food, interesting history. My wife did her good deed for the holiday helping the German cycling club who were lost in Neuf Brisach. They were lucky to have found someone who could speak French (they were trying to get help from an elderly French couple whose answer to everything was apparently, "We come from the Loire!") and German but most importantly could read a map.

Tony

After weeks of inactivity on the layout, a couple of days work has somehow made it important to me to glue & clamp a component on my new rail bridge at 6am today before heading off for work (via the WCML cool.gif ).

Pendolino was late today so I caught a slower, but more comfortable 350/1.

Hello all.

Don, I didn't understand the "Matilda" references but Google revealed all.

Dominik, I'm sure your parents will have a nice time in Colmar. We had a week there in 1999. Nice food, interesting history. My wife did her good deed for the holiday helping the German cycling club who were lost in Neuf Brisach. They were lucky to have found someone who could speak French (they were trying to get help from an elderly French couple whose answer to everything was apparently, "We come from the Loire!") and German but most importantly could read a map.

Tony

Good grief Tony, you did well to find Matilda...

For others who may still be in the dark. YMR forum and Kernow Models are sponsors of the model railway show at Carn Brea Leisure Centre in Cornwall on Sept 4th and 5th. There are two wagons that are being sent to appear as guests on members layouts. Matilda is global and started in Australia. A second wagon named Winston is now making its way around UK members layouts.