The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Guest Max Stafford

And a very special congratulations to our Dominik for not just a very competent tree pun, but delivering it in the finest Scottish accent spoof I've ever heard from a German!

He's elevated the art to an entirely new Plane...

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Can't manage to sleep long even on holidays - I believe I think I would be missing too much of the day if I did. But anyway - looks like a pleasant, calm morning, though the weather's supposed to be unsteady over the next several days.

Perhaps we should let the elder posters decide?

About what? Going to the beech?

Getting me coat ;) ...

Morning all,

About 5 oktas here which look like they could start leaking any minute.

I'm spruced up and ready to head to Woodgreen (not a pun!) in the New Forest to see Jam and his Dad's model show (it's on today, tomorrow and Monday and combines model railways with live steam miniature traction engines!)

Note for the diary: next Tuesday's Star Wars Day!

Morning All,

I think I will scrap any plans I had for cycling today - it is looking very murky outside and looks like it might tip down any minute. Typical bank holiday weather!

Just enjoying a bacon roll and a cup of coffee.

Have a good day everyone!

• RMweb Premium

I think I will scrap any plans I had for cycling today - it is looking very murky outside and looks like it might tip down any minute.

I figure the cyclists taking part in today's race will be overjoyed, too! Riding around with racing bikes on wet roads cannot be much fun...

• RMweb Premium

Morning all

Can't be bothered with tree puns yet, and can't think of any anyway at present, so I'll take a rain check.

Cloudy but bright here at present, and I'm stuck at work for the next nine hours - at last chez 45156 is builder free for now, barring the snagging, but as he had to lift carpets, the next stage is to get the carpet fitter in to put them back, then give them a good shampoo.

Enjoy your exhibitions this weekend, those who are showing, demonstrating or operating, and post lots of pikkies for the deprived. My weekend is starting to get all the house straight, and probably a trip to a nearby village where they hold a most amusing scarecrow festival which is gaining in its size and was filmed in the week for Blue Peter. (Anybody remeber when that show had features about model railways).

The nice Bank Holiday planners have given me a day off to celebrate my xxth birthday on Monday - I already know there's no train shaped presents in prospect, as Mrs 45156 contributed to the 4-CEP a few weeks ago as an early birthday present.

I'll try to check in again over the weekend.

Happy Bank Holidays

Stewart

May the Fourth be with you, JohnDMJ...

I've been pine-ing for my native land, so I'm setting off for Durham in a few minutes. (not pining for the fjords, that's a different sketch altogether...) Actually last Saturday's Doctor Who had me thinking of Python... with the religious military order, it had me thinking of the dead-bishop-on-the-landing sketch... call the Church Police. "THE CHURCH POLICE!"

The nice Bank Holiday planners have given me a day off to celebrate my xxth birthday on Monday - I already know there's no train shaped presents in prospect, as Mrs 45156 contributed to the 4-CEP a few weeks ago as an early birthday present.

Happy 20th birthday Stewart! ;) :D

• RMweb Premium

Happy 20th birthday Stewart! ;) :D

:lol: :lol:

If only...There would be so many things I would do differently....But just to put my age into perspective, I was an active railway enthusiast at the end of BR steam operations!

I see John is making an ash of himself again.

Not much to report from the boring boring borough of Bexley. I've ordered the wood for my US layout and club modules. Decided to make them compatible with each other. That means building 21 of the bl**dy things. Spent most of the week flat on my back full of muscle relaxants and pain killers after pulling a muscle in my lower back. At least I got half the train shed roof insulated. I'm now a year behind and £££ way over budget. Still, I'll be able to live in the damn thing if M-I-L keeps good on her threat to immigrate here from Canada. smile.gif

• RMweb Gold

I see John is making an ash of himself again.

Not much to report from the boring boring borough of Bexley. I've ordered the wood for my US layout and club modules. Decided to make them compatible with each other. That means building 21 of the bl**dy things. Spent most of the week flat on my back full of muscle relaxants and pain killers after pulling a muscle in my lower back. At least I got half the train shed roof insulated. I'm now a year behind and £££ way over budget. Still, I'll be able to live in the damn thing if M-I-L keeps good on her threat to immigrate here from Canada. smile.gif

Nice to hear from you again Andrew. If you look at the DCC thread on Multimaus you'll find out what I did at the club last Saturday. I hope the back gets better soon. I think one day they will have to fit a lifting section on the club layout! I can't get into my shed (sorry, summer-house) as I moved stuff out of the garage for my trains. My neighbour has 3 girls under 5 and is thinking of moving into his shed just to avoid the overload of everything pink in his house.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Quiet morning out there and seven oktas in the sky. I think weather's supposed to be more or less like it was yesterday. My girlfriend's master's thesis is now complete as well, and she'll hand it in on Tuesday.

Have a nice day all! :)

Morning All,

Overcast-ish here this morning - but it look like (the forecast) rain at the moment. I think it's time for a bike ride!

Have a good day everyone

Tony, reading that saga just reinforces my decision way back in 95 to go with Digitrax. I've never had any problem plugging in anything that was LocoNet certified.

Spent yesterday spending money at Model Junction followed by several hours at Didcot. A real thumbs up to the organisers and volunteers there for putting on a great day for the GWR 175.

I do feel a rant coming on about the so called 'rail enthusiast' though. What a socially inept, vacuous, smelly, rude, and ignorant species they are. Examples being, a pair that literally shoved a small child out of the way so they could be the first ones on the autocoach. One that nearly caused an accident because he refused to get out of the way of a volunteer trying to clear the track. Repeated queue jumping at the real ale bar. ( I will say the staff there were excellent in not letting them get away with it) The one that knocked over half a shelf in the book stall with his hummer sized back pack then ignored the mess he caused. Another pair that blocked the doorway to the museum during the afternoon downpour so that nobody could get in or out without having to practically yell at them to move. When someone was taking a photo, most normal people would either wait to pass or walk behind. I lost count of the number of anoraks that walked right in front of someone's shot oblivious to anyone else. (including my wife's attempts to photograph) The list goes on. Its no wonder people take the p*ss out of those that like railways. Its these morons that give all enthusiasts a bad name.