The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Give it a nudge around Midnight.......

Best, Pete.

Ms Leylandii actually accused me of damaging her fence panel , I sent her a photo of her tree squashing it and told her the damage at the bottom was caused by rot and badger attack. I won't actually touch the tree but some of the squirrels may be enough to tip the balance. They seem very active in the tree at the moment!

• RMweb Gold

Ms Leylandii actually accused me of damaging her fence panel , I sent her a photo of her tree squashing it and told her the damage at the bottom was caused by rot and badger attack. I won't actually touch the tree but some of the squirrels may be enough to tip the balance. They seem very active in the tree at the moment!

They're probably packing their nuts ready to move at a moment's notice.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pete's Marmite report earlier reminded me that the Danes had "banned" it from sale due to its vitamin content. I never knew if that was true or not. I notice that the Canadian authorities had also removed other British food products from the shop including some canned foods and soups that contained too much "animal product. I'm not sure how the cuisine in Saskatchewan differs from Alberta but I do remember Matthew texting me  after a few days in Calgary stating that he seemed to be in a place where steak was a breakfast item! 

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Great to be up and running at better speed, as the PC has been fully malwarebited and a load of spurious files (Conduit) removed from the browsers and off the hard drive.  It wasn't malware in the sense of the word, so AVG didn't pick it up.  Took over two hours to clean up.

Other than that, not a lot to say here, but I have just caught up.

Off for tea.

Regards to All

Stewart

...Funnily enough I watched a TV program the other day about the mighty Walenius Ro-Ro's that bring cars from Europe to the East Coast at Elizabeth Seaport. The Captain mentioned that even with the brand new cars he carried (that were Jaguars, BMW's and Bentley's) there were always a significant number that leaked oil and or other fluids over his pristine decks causing all sorts of hazards....

Best, Pete.

It's heartening to see that the new owners of Jaguar and Bentley are keeping up the fine traditions of British Motorcar Manufacturing

"Animal Product" usually means all the parts of the animal like lungs, eyes, nerves, ears etc., that only the Scots enjoy..........

Best, Pete.

Knowing what I do about UK food production (I am serious about my food and my cooking and do my research), I think that although "animal product" may refer to the lungs or kidneys, spleen or heart (all perfectly tasty if cooked properly), I think that they may mean all that sludge blasted off the carcass and chemically treated before being used (you don't want to know what goes into a chicken nugget and chicken ain't the half of it [quite literally, one report I read claimed that real chicken is much less than half, the other is "chicken products"]). I know that "nose-to-tail" eating is fashionable (and makes both culinary and ethical sense [if you have to eat an animal, eat all of it]), but I draw the line at"pink slime" and the like.

Mind you, many of the inhabitants in North America are often quite squeamish about what they eat, and offal is quite a definite no-no (so no more fegato alla Veneziana or Tripe a la mode or Haggis). Quite frankly, I'd rather eat sheep's or venison offal in a Haggis with tatties and neeps (and a whisky cream sauce) than some of the "mystery meat" offerings available in the high street.

Off to supper, en Guete

iD

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all!

Apologies for not having said hello earlier. TGIF is all I can say!

We'll be at the 85th birthday of Elise's grandma in Berlin tomorrow. I expect this to be rather interesting, given what I was told about that part of her extended family thus far!

• RMweb Gold

It always amuses me that people feed there children meat products in shapes without questioning how they go to be that shape. I think it is best if your food is recogniseable such as lumps of fruit in a pie rather than some indeterminate gloop. As a vegetarian I do not have to worry about what they do with meat.

Don

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not everything made in Blackpool has a Duple C49F body.......

They don't make those any more.  Time was when everything delivered new to use seemed to have a Dominant C49F body covered in chrome brightwork.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen.  Welcome to the Australia Day long weekend.  

The stereotyped "true blue" Aussie adorns himself with singlet, shorts and thongs (flip flops, not undies), consumes more than the usual volumes of beer and barbecued sausages / lamb chops and can become socially excited as a result.  The more recent migrants, usually with slightly darker skin tones, are a little bemused by this but try to join in the flag-waving as it's surely better than the places they left behind.  The Government announces the Australian of the Year, the road toll and street violence rates spike and the indigenous populations quietly go about their business passively noting this as "Invasion Day".  

What's that Skip?  The stereotyped Aussie Sheila?  She'd be cleaning, cooking, tidying up and bringing her man and his mates more ice-cold beers on demand.

Thank goodness most of us aren't stereotypes!!!  Now slip another shrimp on the barbie ;)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Happy Australia Day, Gwiwer and enjoy the stereotype barbies.

Excuse us if we don't join in over here, we're in for a rather wet weekend - that's RAIN, that it is, not playing around in swimming pools.

Well, that sums it up really.

A wet weekend.  I'd better get the PVA and green stuff out, then. I've got a stone wall that needs to become a Cornish hedge.

Polly