The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

My keyboard 'died' this evening, luckily the local PC World is open until 8 pm so I popped down to get a new one. Before fitting the new keyboard I switched on to catch up with RMweb only to find that the keyboard was working again!  I'm still going to fit the new keyboard as the old one is now over 10 years old and might go wrong again.

• RMweb Gold

Stargazing - great programme, so now I know we don't know what 95% of everything is made of..........wibble.

If you are talking about dark matter we don't even know if it exists it is just that if it does our sums are correct. If the concept had existed it would have been a could answer to why your homework was wrong.

Don

• RMweb Premium

I know some of our members are enduring storms and / or severe freeze-ups.  Other parts of Australia have been sweltering for days (parts of Queensland had a week of temperatures between 45C and 49C :O ) but it's been a cool start to summer here until today when the morning temperature quickly rose above 30C.  The week ahead is set for more of the same with daytimes reaching between 34C and 41C.

You know it's summer when you can do this to start the day .....

i-XsLgwsT-M.jpg

Edited by Gwiwer
  • Like 14

• RMweb Gold

I know some of our members are enduring storms and / or severe freeze-ups.  Other parts of Australia have been sweltering for days (parts of Queensland had a week of temperatures between 45C and 49C :O ) but it's been a cool start to summer here until today when the morning temperature quickly rose above 30C.  The week ahead is set for more of the same with daytimes reaching between 34C and 41C.

You know it's summer when you can do this to start the day .....

We would need to use the propane on our grill to achieve that.

• Like 3

Damn! It's breakfast time and I won't be getting bacon, eggs and tomato.(toast will be available)

You've made me hungry. but I'm glad it will be a cool 24C!

The rain has cleared and it will be clear although cool with a stiff SE breeze.

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 7

Good Morning all,  yup tiz Friday, so only two more working days till next week!   Weather here is being boring.... 26 -31c....& hazy.

Not to mention the crazyness that some sales people seem to be afflicted by... "I have to quote for a 10mw installation by Friday morning" , can you get all the installation costs and foundation drawings done by then? " (Sent to me early yesterday morning....) Grrrrrr! 

Oh well I guess that life? 

Be good 

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all, the day has not started well with the carpet python bulb blowing, I am hoping things can only get better as the day goes on. Trev the short answer is no he? must have known before Thursday that it was possible a quote might be needed as for drawings for an unknown site? I can see the inducement to retire building up. Have a good day all.

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very quiet on ERs at the moment

Dry & cooler at 4oC - should be bright & sunny this morning with the chance of a shower or two this afternoon.

Steve visited last night & actually said (surprisingly) that the couple of laptops I'm thinking about look OK! He thinks that one of his colleagues has just bought one of them so will get a review from him.

Off to Maplins later to get some connectors for the layout. I will then try to solder them without soldering my finger like I did the other day. The burn has nearly healed!

The Boss is off today but so far no hints have been dropped about anything. She's probably trying to lull me into a false sense of security!

Have a good one,

Bob.

Morning All,

The day has dawned bright and sunny, and traffic was light on the way into work.  That will most likely change next week once the Christmas Holidays end in Hessen.

I think it is time for a coffee now!

Have a good day everyone...

• RMweb Premium

off shopping, then to Headingley for some test match tickets for Saturday of the test .. pay the opticians... then ... playing trains  :-)

Have a great Friday - 

best regards

Barry O

edited as its a Test match not a text match ... doh!!

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning,  a high of 7c and light rain forecast for today, tiler coming to grout this morning then he is done and just the shower and screen to put back which I will sort on Sunday or Monday.

Dependent on the "light rain" I might get rid of all the rubbish old tiles etc from the garage to the tip today  rather than tomorrow.

Whatever its Friday  enjoy the day and  be safe

• RMweb Premium

Last day of freedomn.  SWMBO gets back from a week of pampering somewhere so I better get the EMU sides off the dining table.  However it's a lovely morning so I might even do a tip run as well.

Jamie

Damn, Tony, my Wife says I'm showing clear symptoms of insanity and is threatening to have me sectioned...... :senile:  :mail:

Have you slept tonight? 

Should be less cold today as the Polar Vortex flounces off - but not before she leaves some snow/freezing rain.

Daughter going to big meeting of the "Junior" United Nations at Hershey Park, PA for the weekend, I think she is representing Vietnam - for some reason that totally escapes me...

Later, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Morning all,

A cold but clear and sunny start to the day.

Rather strangely I keeled over at home yesterday afternoon. 

The cause seems to have been self-inflicted, in that I was cleaning the soap dispenser insert in the washing machine and used excessive bleach. The type of bleach I was using was a spray which seemed to make an aerosol of the bleach. So, I'm guessing that it was the levels of chlorine fumes in the kitchen. Going to use liquid bleach next time and with the kitchen window OPEN.

Anyway, hope your day works out ok wherever you are and whatever you're up to. Andy 

• RMweb Premium

If you are talking about dark matter we don't even know if it exists it is just that if it does our sums are correct. If the concept had existed it would have been a could answer to why your homework was wrong.

Don

I hadn;t realised until this mini series that anti-matter does exist....I thought it was a theory, but they have created and (briefly) stored it at CERN.  Wibble again.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Another dank, dark, dreary start. I was up a bit early, as I'm expecting - or at least half-expecting - Jon the builder, but no sign so far.

My second-half-half-day cleaning yesterday didn't happen, as Alison rang at 1 to say there was "trouble at the homestead" and could it wait until today? Sigh. Her unreliability is impressive, but entirely driven by her hopeless domestic situation, I know. Her partner, despite their remarkable lack of income, returns from the shop with loads of Pringles and other junk food - all for himself. Sheena is here for coffee this morning, and no doubt we will touch on the issues!

Sorry Tony and Aditi are now both under the weather. I'm with Mick, Trev - "go forth and multiply" in fewer words would have been my response. I hate surprises of any sort.

Hope your week winds up well.