The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning All, Bright again. Dog walked and coffee drunk all before 8 this morning! Need to short the "short" list out so I can get on with the important things. Need to top up the water levels in our pond, I suspect a leak. Not wading in there though.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Still need to get that sleep out of my eyes... It does look like another sunny day, however! Think we may be going for a walk in the afternoon - perhaps we'll try and get some fresh branches and herbs for the rabbits, too.

Have a good day all! :)

Guest Max Stafford

That's just silly, DD! :P

Hope everybody's having a quiet pleasant Sunday morning!

I awoke to the sound of rain on the conservatory roof this morning. Quite unexpected, but it will be very good for all the seeds I've planted this week. It's so nice to see all the fresh green emerging everywhere and the pink blossom from the cherry trees is now starting to drop off. Hopefully get some time in the shed today before work, so I can get my black five a stage further on!

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all - 36/60 hours down on the call out slog to 0800 Monday. Not too bad so far, the rain will help, stop all you pesky people using lots of water. Going to have a few strums on the Strat then might even get the soldering iron out - but there again I might not.

Guest Max Stafford

Go on Phil, you know the neighbours don't want you to...! ;) If you're doing requests, can I have a bit of 'Hey Joe' please...?

Dave.

• RMweb Gold
If you're doing requests, can I have a bit of 'Hey Joe' please...?

You can, but it will be my interpretation of it - it's called 'Oi moosh' (moosh being Hampshire slang for 'you')

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon ERs

Wonderful few days away and left the builder to it - perhaps not the best idea in the world, but he's trustworthy and it meant less hassle all round as he could work late without disturbing us, then could just shut the door on everything and pick up again in the morning - he worked late into Saturday evening, and rang us with the news that all was well except for a small tear in the vinyl in the kitchen, then we got a call at about 9.15 this morning to say that there was a problem very late on last night and that the central heating system would not pressurise up (he had to drain it to add a new towel rail) and that a push fit coupling under the kitchen floor had come adrift, and that he could not get the correct part until Monday morning, so we've no heating and no hot water when all I wanted after a six hour drive home was a good long soak in a hot bath!

Still we're home and the back of the job is broken - just spent the last two hours trying to get rid of the dust. There's a lot of wet plaster now, and until that dries out, the final fixing of electrics, door surrounds, etc, can't happen. It's all good fun.

Mick - sounds like the cat may be poorly - you're right about possible dehydration, and a visit to the vets might be the best course

• RMweb Gold

Sometimes with household jobs it is the things that you expect to be simple that cause the trouble. All the things on the last big (and I'm not doing any more, other than decorating from now on!) DIY task that I was concerned about didn't cause any difficulty but putting a trap and waste on a new sink was unbelievably frustrating. I did notice however that the plumber who fitted the same parts on my MiL's new sink also used the same method I did to solve the inability to remain watertight if the instructions were followed.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Cat is now sleeping having had an anti vomiting injection and a long acting antibiotic. Pets at home provided the vet and mentioned a £60 surcharge would possibly be applied but it was not. If he drinks then it is wait and see if not it is back to the vets by Tuesday.

Cat is now sleeping having had an anti vomiting injection and a long acting antibiotic. Pets at home provided the vet and mentioned a £60 surcharge would possibly be applied but it was not. If he drinks then it is wait and see if not it is back to the vets by Tuesday.

Fingers crossed for your poor puss, Mick. Sounds like he is in good hands....

• RMweb Gold

Mick, glad the cat is OK. Fortunately Robbie has been very healthy and the only times he has vomited it has been fairly obvious why, but our small pets (hamsters, rats) when ill used to cause us such a lot of worry. When they were ill they looked dead. Fortunately Robbie has insurance but one of the hamsters dental bills were quite considerable. I often comment that I'm the only mammal currently in the house without a private healthcare plan.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all!

Seems to have been raining over night - which means the air is very clear and fresh :) . I needed some time to get to sleep, though, but do not know why exactly.

Mick - good to hear your cat is fighting through. I can well imagine how much it must hurt to see a beloved pet suffer, though. Years ago, one of my budgies apparently suffered a stroke or something - he could only perform uncoordinated movements in the final hours of his life in any case, and seeing the little guy like that was indescribably sad :( .

Later :) .

Best of luck with the cat, Mick.

Finally won the last battle with E.ON (with the assistance of the Ombudsman) and demand for £1,800 now reduced to something with which I agree.

It's only taken about two years.