The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Without knowing all the details Ian I can't give proper advice.  All I would say is that there are always stresses and strains in such situations.  My father in law met someone else a couple of years after his wife died.   That was 15 yerars ago and over that time my wife and her brothers have had ups and downs in their relationships with Will's new wife.  However they all agree that he is  alot happier than he ws and that she has been a good thing.  However this did not come easily.   All I would say is foillow your heart, the end may be worth the effort.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Enjoying the delights of The Blue Planet while the weather comes in.  After a bright sunny morning, dark clouds and poor visibility are descending on us. The Christmas tree lights look more impressive, though, in the diminishing light.

Really dark outside now and the wind picking up.  Some festive cheer needed, I think, in the form of some Christmas cake and a pot of tea.

Batten down the hatches.  :banghead:

Polly

Edit: Just started raining.  There.  I said it was coming in.  :D

Edited by southern42
  • Like 3

It's been a calm, sunny day here although rougher conditions are forecast for later.

Thank you to all who have made ER such a joy with your humour, care, warmth and tolerance throughout the year.

My best wishes go to you for 2014.

• Like 13

My inkjet printer has appreared to have lived upto it`s name and squirted ink all over the top of my beautiful digital piano........`not best pleased! :(

A split cartridge-carriage has been identified as (and typically; just out of warrantly) the cause. :angry:

My inkjet printer has appreared to have lived upto it`s name and squirted ink all over the top of my beautiful digital piano........`not best pleased! :(

A split cartridge-carriage has been identified as (and typically; just out of warrantly) the cause. :angry:

That's bad luck, Debs.

Perhaps you can play an Ink Spots number?

Sorry - I really do sympathise.

• Like 1

It's been a calm, sunny day here although rougher conditions are forecast for later.

Thank you to all who have made ER such a joy with your humour, care, warmth and tolerance throughout the year.

My best wishes go to you for 2014.

That's a nice message, thanks Ashers.

Best wishes to you for the happiest 2014 possible and to all ERs.

• Like 3

Isopropanol to get it off?

• RMweb Premium

We seem to have had several seasons today, but it mostly has been rain interspersed with a sunny hour or two.  Had a nice lunch at a friends cafe, takeaway for dinner and now I'm polishing the sofa....in the traditional manner by sitting looking at ER's with the laptop!

I spent a couple of hours in the garage fitting DCC to two EMU's, not bad for the 2-EPB, a nightmare in the 4-CEP, from beginning (trying to get the body off) to the end(stripping it apart as it stopped).  Turns out Ms Bachmann had nipped a wire when she assembled it in China, I was lucky it didn't let the magic smoke out of the decoder really.  Of ourse when you dismantle one of these all the little bits of copper that conduct the electrickery to the lights spring out, it took some re-assembling.  Naval language skills were used.  Anyway, they now both run, but look slightly incongruous in north eastern USA surroundings on the layout!

To round the day off I had yet another go at getting the Brighton Belle runnning propery, turns out to have a capacitor on the motor bogie I hadn't noticed, snipping that off sorted it - at last.  So I now have 3 DCC'd EMU's and no UK layout......

Edited by New Haven Neil
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rashly I invited neighbours round for drinks and nibbles. What time they ask?

Well, I go to bed around 10ish, says I. So, how about 5ish?

Apparently that isn't the right answer on New Year's eve.  :no:

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shhhhh!  Don't tell Sandy!

Aditi for some reason occasionally announces that we will be eating in the dining room. This is clearly a plot to prevent any takeover of said table. Though when she was writing her dissertation she hardly went in the lounge or dining room. The proper dining table (rather than the kitchen table) is part of the set that we bought when first married that MiL said wouldn't last a year and that would be longer than the marriage! Mother in Law has many fine qualities but tact isn't always one of them.

• Like 1

Isopropanol to get it off?

Yes it did; thankyou for the tip!

I used it with a combination of a rag and a toothbrush and it gradually brought off the dry-staining.......years of diligent application of beeswax polish must`ve prevented the inky-puddle soaking into the timber.

Dye inks really are potent colourants, as my hands clearly now attest!

Replacement printer (when sourced) will be located in a far-less risky spot. :yes:

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

I've never seen "The Dinner for One" but I am aware of it being shown in Germany.     The BBC used to show lots of Scottish themed programmes but now tends to show firework displays usually from the Thames. The BBC were interviewing this years firework artists. This year features taste and smell effects.

I may retire early tonight, and just in case I don't get up too early I've set the New Year Concert from Vienna to record.

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Yup; my wife lived and worked in Germany for several years and I can't quite believe how her best friend laughs so much at it. :)

Blimey, a guest appearance from the top man. Correct action for you non-service types I shall shout "PARADE" and you will all jump to attention. Ready.............

PARADE!!!!!

Nice to see you Andy - Happy new year and thanks for running this institution to keep us lot off the streets and out of trouble

• RMweb Gold

Yes it did; thankyou for the tip!

I used it with a combination of a rag and a toothbrush and it gradually brought off the dry-staining.......years of diligent application of beeswax polish must`ve prevented the inky-puddle soaking into the timber.

Dye inks really are potent colourants, as my hands clearly now attest!

Replacement printer (when sourced) will be located in a far-less risky spot. :yes:

Debs,

You are now officially a member of the 'Black Hand Gang'.

People (mainly relatives) have already started ringing wanting to wish me a happy new year.

Without appearing a misery knickers, I really couldn't give a monkey's about the end of the year. It's just another day coming after midnight which I'll be grateful to see.

Anyone one who decides to ring after I've gone to bed, probably in an hour or so, will either get ignored or receive a not so jocular reply.

Bah humbug? Scrooge was a mere amateur in the miserable stakes!

Now the b***dy fireworks have started (nearly 3 hours early)

Parade?  Carry on Penfold, I'll be in the Officer's mess if you really need me.

Regards

• Like 2

Rashly I invited neighbours round for drinks and nibbles. What time they ask?

Well, I go to bed around 10ish, says I. So, how about 5ish?

Apparently that isn't the right answer on New Year's eve.  :no:

Course if you lived in the New York Metroplex then, like me, you can call all your pals in the UK at midnight and wish them a Happy New Year - at 7:00pm tonight and still be tucked up in your pit by 10:00pm

Best, Pete..

• Like 10