The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

And so to bed - after an evening devoted to the telly, trifle, and late night sarnies.

The red at dinner time was not all that good although laddo managed a couple of glasses - meanwhile myself and Dr Station Cat consumed a very nice bottle of bordeaux between us.  And this evening we actually got a white Christmas for a couple of hours as a fairly hefty hailstorm laid a carpet of white which has taken quite a while to melt/be washed away by the subsequent rain. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

A quick catch up after a busy day, I underestimated the tme for two turkey crowns to cook so the time of the meal was a little late but it all went well in the end. Apparently I am taking others to the sales tomorrow ...... no peace for the wicked. 

Lunch with my brother and sister-in-law was excellent, almost a full traditional Christmas Dinner.

Got back to the home at a reasonable time but could not get to sleep for my usual after dinner nap.

There were only twelve bodies at supper which was nominal indeed (The kitchen staff had been sent home after lunch), but I was too full and dozy to do justice to even that..

Weather continues Glorious and not too warm (25C forecast)

HAPPY Boxing day to you all :jester:

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Still dark but not raining!

A lazy day probably today. No cooking will be required. I think a gentle walk across the downs will be possible though I think it will be wise for us to keep to the main footpath. Actually I may suggest a sea wall walk,

Tony

• Like 3

A pleasant Christmas Day included attending church, where our 81 year old Choir Director preached well to a large congregation before conducting everyone in singing carols around the tree. This follows her tireless efforts in running an excellent Carol Service last Sunday evening. It must be the sea air!

Our friends enjoyed the roast duck for lunch and the day passed in eating, drinking and easy conversation. Hope everyone had as good a day.

Travelling to Crewe this morning for a few days with the family, including William (3) and Alice (1). Should be fun!!

Keep well and warm!

Edited by Ashcombe
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Morning all! Wet outside, sleepy inside after the second of three good Christmas dinners. Fondue will be on tonight, and most likely be followed by some of that good anCnoc again! Sat here listening to Clannad and still pondering modelling-related purchase options...

Can we not spend the entire year as peacefully as this? :resent:

• Like 3

What is this "Boxing Day"?

Have to get up early to take the trash out for collection then take daughter to Opticians for appointment during which I need to go to the Post Office for stamps and the sending of letters.

My sister-in-law actually gave me a copy of the 150th edition of Wisden for 2013 in hardback (amongst other things), for Christmas. Available in the USA from Barnes and Noble - unfortunately the History of Moto-Guzzi by Colombo was out of stock.

Best, Pete.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Awake and waiting for another ballast train to head my way, it's just left March, should be here around 09:30 - later we are the hosts to a family gathering, at least at my age most are adults so it will be pleasant conversation rather than chasing kids around all day, not that I mind kids, roasted with potatoes !.

Have a good day all.

• Like 7

Morning all. I don't see how Alice managed to be a year old already! Is she back to full health now? Ed

How kind of you to enquire! Yes, Alice is very well, thank you, but her illness has delayed her walking. Prior to that, she was walking around the furniture but it has taken a little while for her to regain the strength to do that. It would be be great if she took that first step unaided during our visit. At 14 months (almost!) it must happen soon!

• RMweb Premium

Very heavy frost overnight... youngest Herbert came home at 3am (and that is early!) waiting to have breakfast then off to a family birthday - an 89th (but his daughter reckons its 90..)

No takers fro the Laws quiz - but incase you were wondering there are 42 Laws of cricket - and umpires have a 43rd.. application of common sense.....

Have a nice Boxing Day and if you are going to the "sales" sharpen elbows and wear steel toecapped boots....

Barry O

apologies for spellung!!

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

forgot to mention - if you are in the Leeds area and want some live cricket

wickets pitched at 10:30 at North Leeds CC, Roundhay

http://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/2295/club-cricket-with-a-difference-this-boxing-day

yes they are cricket mad in Yorkshire and no - due to a lunchtime commitment I am not umpiring.....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Well, Xmas Day came and went without undue pain, being well looked after by Alison and Ben, and their three youngsters were really not badly behaved. Several dogs and cats to cuddle suited me. Ella, a year-old collie-cross was particularly nice as we'd not really met before.

Like NY, France is back to work today, albeit not firing on all cylinders really. But white van man is about, Geodis Calberson (actually pale orange) having gone down the hill just now. Sales don't start here 'til mid-Jan - you may not hold a sale unless a local ordinance has decreed that you may do so, so everyone has a sale at once.

Bright and sunny morning, and supposed to stay that way until nightfall, but the winds are back tonight, albeit not as harsh as recently, we are told.

Hope your Boxing Day is suitably relaxed.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Full on Christmas roast for six today, leg of lamb. Tomorrow its turkey and gammon for nine. Christmas a little skewed this year due to the movements of family. Still had a very nice day with the lovely wife yesterday, just the two of us - something the lovely wife doesn't recall having had for many years.

Have a super day everyone

Whitemoor had 4 66s stabled this morning, 3 celebrities and 1 which haunts me, everywhere I go it seems to follow - anyone care to guess which 66 was working the ballast this morning ...

who you gonna call.........................?

• Like 3